PDA

View Full Version : Paging kaz. Please help. Abs conversion does not work :(

darock
19-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey Kaz

please help me with the conversion. And your lhd loom.

I have finally everything in the car and connected as it's described in your pdf. No brake
fluid in yet.

i had the +12V cable that goes on the fuse box misrouted to ground but that's correct now. Checked all fuses.

i don't get any abs light. Tcs light stays on. Seems like abs is not getting power.

Also strange is, that the right headlamp hight adjuster motor suddenly failed and try's to find its position but does not. Did not have that before the winter. Don't know if it's somehow related to the rest of the wireing.

Hope you can give me a hint where to look at.

if you stil need some pictures of the lhd conversion for your guide I can make them for you.

cheers
Bernhard

darock
23-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Somebody else any ideas?

Bernhard

NSXGB
23-04-2015, 05:59 PM
Does sound like the power to the ABS module. Can you take a pic of where you've connected the power cable in the fuse box?

darock
23-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Does sound like the power to the ABS module. Can you take a pic of where you've connected the power cable in the fuse box?

That's also my assumption because I don't get any abs light at all.

I can take you a picture of the installation on saturday. I got the english guide by Kaz and connected it like its described in section 2.1 and 3 of the guide. I also measured the voltage and also measured every single fuse, not just visual inspected. All good.

It would be good to know the pinout of the connection at the abs modulator. I want to check if I get +12 everywhere it should be.

My car is a 92.

Bernhard

NSXGB
23-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Very stupid question, have you checked the main orange and black connector is seated correctly?

darock
23-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Very stupid question, have you checked the main orange and black connector is seated correctly?

the only stupid question is the one nobody asked :)

I think you mean the one that plugs in the ABS modulator. I have plugged that one in like 25 times to check if it sits correctly. You can't actually put this one on the wrong way or not fully. It slides on partially with the orange handle lifted and as you push in the orange handle in it gets pulled into its final position.

What I will try next is plug in the old abs computer and see if I get the ABS light back. I had an ABS light when I started the car just to check the new exhaust for leaks with the old computer still in but without the old abs in. Back then, the TCS also still worked.

Bernhard

NSXGB
23-04-2015, 07:07 PM
I guess you have bled the brakes now too? Thinking if you have another owner nearby with the later ABS, you could plug your unit into their loom and confirm that is not the problem.

darock
23-04-2015, 07:28 PM
I guess you have bled the brakes now too? Thinking if you have another owner nearby with the later ABS, you could plug your unit into their loom and confirm that is not the problem.

I haven't bled the brakes yet. I really hope I find some electrical issue because removing the modulator is a lot of work with all the lines connected :( I have a friend with a 05 nsx for testing.

Bernhard

NSXGB
23-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Hope it turns out to be something simple, that is usually the case. Fingers crossed.

nigel
24-04-2015, 12:57 AM
You need to reach the "Kaz" by e-mail to get hold of him quickly.
Or at least that's what he request as he' so busy if you can' get him by phone.

Cheers
nigel

darock
26-04-2015, 11:22 AM
I am at my garage right now and checked everything again and again and again. I could not find anything wrong with the wiring.

When I remove the plug at the modulator, the abs light comes on.

:(

Bernhard

darock
10-05-2015, 02:51 PM
I made two videos:

With old abs computer plugged in. TCS works (tried it). ABS light comes on. Obviously because the old abs is missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfNiFLQjhK4

New abs connected. ABS light only on while cranking. TCS light comes on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMgVSitDAVI

Sadly my friend with the 05 car did not have time to stop by for testing :(

The ABS block is shot anyway. Does not pass on fluid to the right front wheel. I have a firm brake pedal but no fluid on the right front wheel. I removed the line from the abs unit. No fluid flowing. I assume the abs pump is seized (don't know exactly how the newer style abs works).

Bernhard

darock
04-06-2015, 04:25 PM
If anyone is interested, it works now ... Reasons was the modulator. It was shot like expected. Plugged in the new one and worked instantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFtnPB4jjik

Brand new NSX-R unit from Japan.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8851/18271512888_3bf1c58877_b.jpg

Right before she did the first meters on her own power this year.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8866/18271614480_66b374e31c_b.jpg

Bernhard

Pride
04-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Well done Bernard, you can go and enjoy now.:)

darock
04-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Well done Bernard, you can go and enjoy now.:)

It was great to drive it again after nearly 10 month. The new Pride GTLW exhaust is sooooooooo good. I love it.

Bernhard

darock
07-06-2015, 10:40 AM
By the way. Thanks for encouraging me to do the abs swap. the NSX-R modulator works great. Yesterday I "activated" it the first time and I am impressed how good it is. Minor, barely feelable kickback of the pedal and late but precise intervention.

Is it possible that the tcs works better with the new abs computer? I think it does manage tire slip a little better now. Not this harsh cutting of power any more. More linear.

Bernhard