PDA

View Full Version : NA1 manual Red mint NSX wanted. Private buyer

philboo
22-04-2015, 03:02 PM
I've finally managed to registered after a lot of help from the forum admins.

I'm looking for a mint low mileage NSX NA1 (ideally) in red (I don't ask for much). I have been very seriously considering plans 16,200 mile auto but I am having doubts about an auto.

Anyone thinking of selling or know of anything coming up or have a view on Plans NSX ?

and I should say...hello, pleased to be here :-)

NSXGB
22-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Welcome Phil, we got there in the end!

At least you have chosen the most common (and slowest) colour....I'm sure one will 'pop up' soon.

From what I'm told auto's are still lots of fun to drive.

nobby
22-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Welcome on board

my advice at least go and look and get a drive of the auto version @ plans that way you will know for sure

best of luck

Mistercorn
22-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. Any reason why you particularly want an NA1? Certainly they are much more common than the NA2 if you want a pre-facelift car. What do you consider to be low mileage?

MC

Pride
22-04-2015, 05:52 PM
What excellent taste you have Phil, hopefully you will soon find your ideal model.
imho a red/manual is definitely the way to go mate.:)

Senninha
22-04-2015, 06:15 PM
Hello Phil,

The NA1 Auto at Plans was known to a 'silent' member of the forum James, a truly lovely gentleman who for purely practical reasons replaced the NSX with a new F-Type.
I'm sure it is fault free as described, and from my experiences I have enjoyed driving the autos that have a different torque curve to the manuals and a very respectable turn of speed.

As suggested, go see, and drive and ensure they allow you to drive a manual too so you can complete a b2b assesment. Plans should be able to provide you access to the previous owner.

Had I the space and money (and time) I would love to own this NSX, however I have gone a different route for my relaxed auto motoring.

Welcome and best of luck, Paul

philboo
22-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Any reason why you particularly want an NA1? Certainly they are much more common than the NA2 if you want a pre-facelift car. What do you consider to be low mileage?

MC

Thank you all so much for the welcome. I had to post that wanted ad as I've been trying to join the site for over a week. To explain why I said the NA1, simply because when I was in my early 20's I have a 1988 CRX and loved it, the NSX came along and I loved it, the back reminded me of the CRX, it was amazingly engineered (which appeals to me being an engineer) and it was reliable. It ticked all the boxes. I've only ever sat in one and dreamed one day I would get one. As usual time goes by, you're busy with work/house/etc and don't think I should be thinking about getting an NSX. Now I start as the prices are going up I worry I've missed the boat and could be paying over the odds for an auto (if I go for it). Lots of comments put me off the auto (including the power steering) and I suppose I just want the red NSX I sat in all those years ago....hence the NA1 in red manual.

Low miles I guess mid up to around 35000 ? but I know if depends on how well a car has been treated. I'm very careful with cars so when I look for one I expect something that looks as well cared for as one I'd had.

Is an NA2 the same style with just larger engine ? Is it any cheaper or are there any around ? nothing expect imports and autos at the moment under £50K

I've not discounted the auto, just don't want to commit to it and find someone has a nice manual they are wanting to go to a good home.

Mistercorn
22-04-2015, 07:06 PM
The NA2 has the 3.2l engine and 6 speed gearbox, I believe it also has larger front brakes and improved ABS, as well as an updated interior. An expert will be along soon to give you the finer details.
I wanted a red NA2 coupe manual, I started looking 18 months ago and bought mine a year ago. I bought it from an owner on here without it being advertised. I have not seen one advertised since. The NA2 pre-facelift is very rare, I think there are about 6 of that spec in the country. If one was for sale at 40k miles or under I think you would be looking at £50k now. Mine will be at Leeds Castle for the Supercar seige in a couple of weeks along with 15 others from here if you can make it over for a look. It is nowhere near Leeds, somewhere in Kent I think.

MC

drmikey
22-04-2015, 07:22 PM
There appear to be a few companies now importing NSXs from Japan where the supply and choice is much larger than over here.

As long as you stick to the reputable companies like Torque GT who actually have people on the ground over there who can properly inspect the cars, its a route worth considering IMHO

Also worth talking to Graham at Plans. He seems to be the place people go to when selling so he might be aware of some coming to market

NSXGB
22-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Nobody has said it as far as I can see but these cars can handle the miles. If it is regularly used and cherished you should not be afraid of a 100k mile car. The lower mile cars will probably have the most negative effect with your budget.

drmikey
22-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Nobody has said it as far as I can see but these cars can handle the miles. If it is regularly used and cherished you should not be afraid of a 100k mile car. The lower mile cars will probably have the most negative effect with your budget.

Absolutely, there is someone in Europe with just under 500,000km on theirs with original engine!

I dont think it will be long before a good proportion of NSXs in UK and Europe will be hitting 200k miles.

nobby
22-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Also point to remember those with relatively low mileage will require considerable refresh in terms of engine so ensure that a lot of history is with the car.
Have a read through kaz's blog for all the info you need as well in regards to this. Obviously pros and cons
if you plan to drive the car do not be afraid of higher miles if the works has been carried out

mjames75
22-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Agreed and for an example:
My 153k mile car drives similar to my 32k miles car! If you want to drive it don't be scared of miles

philboo
23-04-2015, 07:45 AM
I really appreciate all the comments. The mileage is more related to the condition of the car in regard to stone chips, interior wear, etc. I'm happy the car engineering is good for 100,000 miles or more easily if maintained.

Regarding the import option, it's a good suggestion but deep down I just want a UK car, I felt the same when I see imported CRX or MR2's from when I had mine, I know it's silly but it's just me. I fully accept in most ways they are more than likely to be in better condition than UK cars due to our weather and road surface condition.

Keep them coming and if anyone has something they think fits the bill please let me know.

Mistercorn
23-04-2015, 03:08 PM
If you aren't in a rush you could just wait for the current bubble to burst and pick one up more cheaply.

MC

philboo
23-04-2015, 04:11 PM
If you aren't in a rush you could just wait for the current bubble to burst and pick one up more cheaply.

MC
Will it burst though, it's hard to tell if the cars will have a general upward trend as they become older and fewer people sell them. I've not been looking so don't know how many good ones have been and gone over the last 12-18 months.

My concern isn't about making money on one but getting the right one now and just keeping it with the hope it won't lose much/anything longer term. Prices don't need to creep up much more and I won't be able to afford a nicer example.

philboo
23-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Hello Phil,

The NA1 Auto at Plans was known to a 'silent' member of the forum James, a truly lovely gentleman who for purely practical reasons replaced the NSX with a new F-Type.
I'm sure it is fault free as described, and from my experiences I have enjoyed driving the autos that have a different torque curve to the manuals and a very respectable turn of speed.

As suggested, go see, and drive and ensure they allow you to drive a manual too so you can complete a b2b assesment. Plans should be able to provide you access to the previous owner.

Had I the space and money (and time) I would love to own this NSX, however I have gone a different route for my relaxed auto motoring.

Welcome and best of luck, Paul
I'd love to talk to the owner via email or the phone just to find out how he's enjoyed the car and what work he's done on it over the years. Obviously he is selling via plans so it's not possible.

philboo
23-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Update after everyone's comments. Off to plans this weekend (4 hour drive each way), Graham is going let me try out both transmissions to help me decide.

Philip
23-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Have fun Phil,
you are in for a treat. Do keep us posted on which one you go for.

cheers,

Phil

Mistercorn
23-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Excellent. I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I don't think I have read a side-by-side comparison from an unbiased viewpoint.

MC

NZNick
23-04-2015, 07:50 PM
They seem to be getting a few cars in from Japan soon - there may be more choice (http://www.nsxuk.com/#/coming-soon-1/) for you.

philboo
27-04-2015, 09:42 AM
So, as promised I've put my weekend auto/manual driving experience on the 'General Discussion' forum under Auto or manual first drive of an NSX.

NZNick
13-05-2015, 10:39 PM
They have an (as new) '92 manual in black (http://www.nsxuk.com/#/coming-soon-1/) and a '95 Type R in yellow (http://www.nsxuk.com/#/type-r/) - both may be a bit rich for your stated budget.... and not quite what you were after.

philboo
14-05-2015, 05:21 AM
They have an (as new) '92 manual in black (http://www.nsxuk.com/#/coming-soon-1/) and a '95 Type R in yellow (http://www.nsxuk.com/#/type-r/) - both may be a bit rich for your stated budget.... and not quite what you were after.

I thought both of the cars being brought in were sold already. You're right, the black manual does sound fantastic. I really cannot stretch to 50K and as you have noticed, it isn't exactly what I had dreamed of being black. Thank you for highlighting these though.

philboo
31-05-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm still looking for an early NSX if anyone knows of a car possibly coming up. I don't have the budget for the NA2 cars and ideally want a NA1 in Red with Black roof. I'm a private buyer with a budget of £40K max give or take a couple of grand. Please don't tell me that isn't enough as I simply cannot afford any more and already think I've left it too late to get my dream car.

Mistercorn
31-05-2015, 06:02 PM
I think it should be plenty for a nice NA1. Good luck.

MC

philboo
31-05-2015, 06:20 PM
I think it should be plenty for a nice NA1. Good luck.

MC

Thank you :-)

Dragonlady
31-05-2015, 10:11 PM
If you are patient with that budget, a good NA1 should not be a problem, just don't hold out for red ( it's the slowest colour ). Don't let the colour be a deciding factor, just buy a good car.
good luck.

goldtop
03-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Anything wrong with this one: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-3-0-2dr/3916502

Leaves enough surplus from your budget to fix any mileage-related issues (and there may be very few of those).

philboo
03-06-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm too fussy and would want everything putting back to a standard car (yes I am that daft) so it seems the wrong route to buy something with different radio, seats, wheels, etc. I agree though, good price. I would really like to buy off the owner (obviously not if it's an import). It just seems that nothing other than the very expensive NA2s have been coming up for sale on the forum recently. I can understand it's summer (not judging by the start of June's weather) and people probably are less inclined to sell now, but I thought it may have heard from a few people that knew of cars that may be coming along.

I am thinking about the import option though as they seem to have a lot of cars available (compared to the UK) and are in good condition.

NZNick
04-06-2015, 03:37 AM
There is a mint low km Red NA1 manual (1990 I think) at Route KS in Suzuka, Japan. I have no idea on the price.

see blog entry 02 June: http://blog.livedoor.jp/route_ks2003/

and warehouse (in preparation): http://www.route-ks.com/stock/index.html

this may help too: http://www.route-ks.com/english/index.html

goldtop
04-06-2015, 09:10 AM
I am thinking about the import option though as they seem to have a lot of cars available (compared to the UK) and are in good condition.

With the Yen at 191 to the GBP (highest it's been for a VERY long time), you may do well. The car that Nick's posted definitely seems worth enquiry.

philboo
04-06-2015, 10:22 AM
There is a mint low km Red NA1 manual (1990 I think) at Route KS in Suzuka, Japan. I have no idea on the price.

see blog entry 02 June: http://blog.livedoor.jp/route_ks2003/

and warehouse (in preparation): http://www.route-ks.com/stock/index.html

this may help too: http://www.route-ks.com/english/index.html

Thanks for that, it's 5980000 yen plus shipping at JPY 450000 so total of 6430000 JPY. I assume import duty and VAT at 30% in total (please correct me if I'm wrong) so it'll be about £44K and that's before I know if any changes are needed for the UK.

Pride
04-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Thanks for that, it's 5980000 yen plus shipping at JPY 450000 so total of 6430000 JPY. I assume import duty and VAT at 30% in total (please correct me if I'm wrong) so it'll be about £44K and that's before I know if any changes are needed for the UK.

Sounds like a bargain for such a low mileage mint condition example, I'd jump at if if I was you before it disappears :)

philboo
04-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a bargain for such a low mileage mint condition example, I'd jump at if if I was you before it disappears :)

Oh I wish I had the budget to just follow your advice. Out of interest, what modifications are needed for the UK? Rear fog light (I see this has front fogs), mph modifications to the dash, anything else ?

hkz286
08-06-2015, 07:37 AM
just make sure with an import its a true manual and not an automatic thats been converted,

only reason i mention it is that when i was looking, there were an alarming amount that had been converted :)

philboo
28-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Well I've had a few offers of imports via the forum and also a nice early UK NA1 but the budget has gone up and up. I've tried hard to listen to what you've all said and also have my own criteria. Unfortunaly I've had an issue with my back for many weeks which came out of the blue and put paid to any car hunting as I couldn't sit for more than 5 minutes. I was very sorry I didn't go for the auto at plans when I had my back problems but it sold and that was the end of it.

Ad as time has gone on a few things have become obvious.

1. UK cars are rare at the moment (probably always have been).
2. I'm being too fussy
3. Deep down I really want a UK car
4. I actually fancy a targa as taking the roof off on a nice day would be amazing.
5. My budget just isn't enough
6. Having seen photos on the forum I actually don't have to have a red one.
7. An NA2 with pop ups would be great but again these seem to be £60K+

I'd have loved to find a car via the forum but I've only been offered one UK car under £50K since I posted my wanted add so I assume most owners are hanging on to their cars at the moment for the 25 year anniversary and also to see what happens to the values.

The one positive is that I really still want to get an NSX it's just a shame the prices seem to be far more than if ever imagined.

At the moment it looks like I will go for an NA1 manual targa UK car in midnight purple. I know the colour combination isn't everyone's cup of tea but I actually like the colour and although a black interior would be less controversial than a tan one I have taken on board the comment several members have made to me which is buy the first you can afford.

Why am I posting this now ? Well if there's anyone that thinks I should hang fire as the market is about the crash I'd like to know, I don't fancy throwing money away as I don't have money to burn. Or, if you're thinking of selling I'd like to hear from you if it's going to be less than £50K.

My feelings are that I need to just get a car now before I have no chance to get one if prices continue to rise and enjoy it.

As I've said, I've had some helpful messages and posts whilst I've been trying to decide what to do from other members so thank you for those.

lotusolly
28-06-2015, 11:41 PM
Well I've had a few offers of imports via the forum and also a nice early UK NA1 but the budget has gone up and up. I've tried hard to listen to what you've all said and also have my own criteria. Unfortunaly I've had an issue with my back for many weeks which came out of the blue and put paid to any car hunting as I couldn't sit for more than 5 minutes. I was very sorry I didn't go for the auto at plans when I had my back problems but it sold and that was the end of it.

Ad as time has gone on a few things have become obvious.

1. UK cars are rare at the moment (probably always have been).
2. I'm being too fussy
3. Deep down I really want a UK car
4. I actually fancy a targa as taking the roof off on a nice day would be amazing.
5. My budget just isn't enough
6. Having seen photos on the forum I actually don't have to have a red one.
7. An NA2 with pop ups would be great but again these seem to be £60K+

I'd have loved to find a car via the forum but I've only been offered one UK car under £50K since I posted my wanted add so I assume most owners are hanging on to their cars at the moment for the 25 year anniversary and also to see what happens to the values.

The one positive is that I really still want to get an NSX it's just a shame the prices seem to be far more than if ever imagined.

At the moment it looks like I will go for an NA1 manual targa UK car in midnight purple. I know the colour combination isn't everyone's cup of tea but I actually like the colour and although a black interior would be less controversial than a tan one I have taken on board the comment several members have made to me which is buy the first you can afford.

Why am I posting this now ? Well if there's anyone that thinks I should hang fire as the market is about the crash I'd like to know, I don't fancy throwing money away as I don't have money to burn. Or, if you're thinking of selling I'd like to hear from you if it's going to be less than £50K.

My feelings are that I need to just get a car now before I have no chance to get one if prices continue to rise and enjoy it.

As I've said, I've had some helpful messages and posts whilst I've been trying to decide what to do from other members so thank you for those.

If you really want to own an NSX and can't afford to up your budget to obtain the spec you have specified then my recommendation would be to look at higher mileage cars.
Low mileage cars are currently being targeted by collectors and as such will just sit in a garage and get an occasional polish. If you were to buy one of these and use it, you are probably going to devalue your car with the increasing miles and have repair bills due to the cars previous lack of use and proportional maintenance.
There are plenty of higher mileage cars (not necessarily high mileage!) that have been superbly maintained and probably meet your expectations of condition.
If you buy one of these and continue to maintain it appropriately, the current trend in prices would mean you would not lose money on it if you decided to sell.
I like you came from owning CRX's and having a budget that wouldn't normally be considered appropriate for running a supercar.
Having purchased my car 11 years ago with 63k miles on the clock, I now have a car with a further 36K miles on the clock that I have thoroughly enjoyed, and a car that if I should decide to sell, I would expect to receive significantly more than I paid for the car and it's service costs over the time period.
If you want a car to look at then stick with your spec but if you want to drive it, then a car with more miles would make better financial sense.

nobby
29-06-2015, 06:03 AM
pretty good statement

high mileage NSX's should not put the fear of God in people if they have been properly maintained

The best part of NSX ownership is driving it.

whats the point in having one if you dont plan to do this?

philboo
29-06-2015, 09:27 AM
If you really want to own an NSX and can't afford to up your budget to obtain the spec you have specified then my recommendation would be to look at higher mileage cars.
Low mileage cars are currently being targeted by collectors and as such will just sit in a garage and get an occasional polish. If you were to buy one of these and use it, you are probably going to devalue your car with the increasing miles and have repair bills due to the cars previous lack of use and proportional maintenance.
There are plenty of higher mileage cars (not necessarily high mileage!) that have been superbly maintained and probably meet your expectations of condition.
If you buy one of these and continue to maintain it appropriately, the current trend in prices would mean you would not lose money on it if you decided to sell.
I like you came from owning CRX's and having a budget that wouldn't normally be considered appropriate for running a supercar.
Having purchased my car 11 years ago with 63k miles on the clock, I now have a car with a further 36K miles on the clock that I have thoroughly enjoyed, and a car that if I should decide to sell, I would expect to receive significantly more than I paid for the car and it's service costs over the time period.
If you want a car to look at then stick with your spec but if you want to drive it, then a car with more miles would make better financial sense.

I can't say I've even seen any higher mileage UK cars for sale either but I do accept what you say.

I suppose what I was getting at is my acceptance that UK NSXs are rare regardless of what criteria anyone has I've been reading on other forums of people wanting to get one and they are mainly limited to the imports as there's nothing else.

What I've been struggling with is simply what would be the safest route now, wait and hope collectors move on to something else and it becomes more enthusiast based again or have those days now gone and you just need to accept what the prices are and either go for it.

You are correct though, as the budget has gone up and up my thoughts are skewed significantly by knowing it's going to cost me such a lot regardless that I will be worried about enjoying it as much as I would have done if prices were more like they were two years ago.

larjammer
29-06-2015, 09:53 PM
At the moment it looks like I will go for an NA1 manual targa UK car in midnight purple. I know the colour combination isn't everyone's cup of tea but I actually like the colour and although a black interior would be less controversial than a tan one

by my reckoning there are only 6 or 7 purple uk cars out there, of those only 3 with a manual box (unless someone knows different?). mine is one of the manuals, so there are 2 out there which are probably not for sale either. youd have more luck finding a ferrari 250gto for sale...

Hagasan
29-06-2015, 10:12 PM
by my reckoning there are only 6 or 7 purple uk cars out there, of those only 3 with a manual box (unless someone knows different?). mine is one of the manuals, so there are 2 out there which are probably not for sale either. youd have more luck finding a ferrari 250gto for sale...

Without thinking too much I know of three more purples with manual boxes. Mine is one of them, Mark N has one and another chap in the West Country I think but I can't recall his name..

NZNick
30-06-2015, 03:24 AM
I looked at an NA1 Purple Targa, manual with tan leather at a dealer in Guildford in 2010 which was up for 26k at the time. Dr Mikey has an NA2 Targa in this lovely colour. Geraint has(had?) a 95 NA1 Targa, Ken Green has(had?) a 97 NA1 Targa.
There is a picture of a crashed and dead one somewhere on here too...

unclebob
30-06-2015, 11:33 AM
heres a 2002 targa on psitonheads just under 50k?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/2002-52-reg-honda-nsx-facelift-targa-uk-supplied/3688128

goldtop
30-06-2015, 12:13 PM
heres a 2002 targa on psitonheads just under 50k?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/2002-52-reg-honda-nsx-facelift-targa-uk-supplied/3688128

Cheapest facelift for a while... because it's automatic.

philboo
30-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Cheapest facelift for a while... because it's automatic.

Yes I had noticed that a while ago, if I'd have been going for an auto I'd have gone for the lovely NA1 they had at Plans.

I have a deposit down on one now, just hope it all works out and doesnt end up being a very expensive mistake the one I'm going for.

philboo
06-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Well since Saturday I'm the proud owner an NSX. I'd like to thank the various members that have replied to my questions/thoughts and general ramblings on here and the messages I've had from some members with just encouraging messages and comments.

I have spent more than I could really afford and I didn't get the red with black roof, early NA1 version I set out looking for. But that's one of the many things I've realised about the NSX. They are far rarer than I'd ever realised (in UK spec) and I think the best advise I was given was, buy the first good one you can afford regardless as they don't come up that often.

You all know what they are like as you own one (or two or three you lucky people) so I won't bang on about the one I've bought, but, I don't know what it is about the NSX that at times you look at it from some angles (or look at photos) and think, it doesn't look much (especially compared to modern sport/supercars) but when I parked it up after the 250 mile journey home and looked back at it I thought wow, it looks bloody amazing I cannot get over it went on sale 25 years ago and these aren't worth £100K as when you see what other classics are going for.

Expect some dumb new owner questions from me, apologise in advance, be kind.

Hard to imagine I've bought one and it's in the garage :-)

Senninha
06-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Congrats ... so its not red/black ... but its?? Come on, post photos .... rgds Paul

philboo
06-07-2015, 09:16 PM
Congrats ... so its not red/black ... but its?? Come on, post photos .... rgds Paul

As I was told,what I've gone for is a love it or hate it combination of the midnight purple with tan interior (but you have to compromise in order to get a UK manual I've been told several times). I admit the interior isn't to everyones taste but I can forgive it as I think the midnight purple is very smart. It's an NA1 targa manual now covered in dead flies from the journey home (even though I did 60-70 all the way). I want to give it a bit of TLC, a good clean but I'll put up some photos asap.

britlude
06-07-2015, 09:37 PM
but when I parked it up after the 250 mile journey home and looked back at it I thought wow, it looks bloody amazing I cannot get over it went on sale 25 years ago and these aren't worth £100K as when you see what other classics are going for.

and when you parked up after the 250 miles, did you feel exhausted having to fight a supercar all the way home, or were you relaxed, comfortable and not tired in any way due to the drive???? :)

Problem Child
06-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Well since Saturday I'm the proud owner an NSX. I'd like to thank the various members that have replied to my questions/thoughts and general ramblings on here and the messages I've had from some members with just encouraging messages and comments.

I have spent more than I could really afford and I didn't get the red with black roof, early NA1 version I set out looking for. But that's one of the many things I've realised about the NSX. They are far rarer than I'd ever realised (in UK spec) and I think the best advise I was given was, buy the first good one you can afford regardless as they don't come up that often.

You all know what they are like as you own one (or two or three you lucky people) so I won't bang on about the one I've bought, but, I don't know what it is about the NSX that at times you look at it from some angles (or look at photos) and think, it doesn't look much (especially compared to modern sport/supercars) but when I parked it up after the 250 mile journey home and looked back at it I thought wow, it looks bloody amazing I cannot get over it went on sale 25 years ago and these aren't worth £100K as when you see what other classics are going for.

Expect some dumb new owner questions from me, apologise in advance, be kind.

Hard to imagine I've bought one and it's in the garage :-)

welcome to our merry little band of misfits......and me. Congratulations on your purchase

Senninha
06-07-2015, 09:51 PM
so thoughtful of you to talk him out of red ownership :o)

just look how quickly he got home ...

Senninha
06-07-2015, 10:03 PM
As I was told,what I've gone for is a love it or hate it combination of the midnight purple with tan interior (but you have to compromise in order to get a UK manual I've been told several times). I admit the interior isn't to everyones taste but I can forgive it as I think the midnight purple is very smart. It's an NA1 targa manual now covered in dead flies from the journey home (even though I did 60-70 all the way). I want to give it a bit of TLC, a good clean but I'll put up some photos asap.

Great Choice .. for me the darker colors really show off the lines (I may be slightly biased) ... and if there was so much wrong with tan interiors there might be a few less prancing horses on the roads ... check out Sudesh's refresh thread, he color swapped the carpet, added dark mats and reduced the overall tan impact .. to me both options look great.

Well done, enjoy your new pride and enjoy, welcome

NZNick
06-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Congrats Phil- Midnight Pearl is a fantastic colour - really suits the NSX. I wonder if it is the same car that I saw in Guildford 5 years ago?

I know that feeling about not believing that you have actually bought one and it is sitting in your garage - I have had that every day for about 9 months now!

Enjoy.

Dragonlady
06-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Congrats on the purchase, lovely colour, now drive her!

Ian

Pride
07-07-2015, 06:49 AM
I think the midnight purple is very smart. It's an NA1 targa manual now covered in dead flies from the journey home (even though I did 60-70 all the way). I want to give it a bit of TLC, a good clean but I'll put up some photos asap.

Congrats Mr Boo on your purchase of what I think is the best colour Honda ever sprayed the NSX in, purple, and that's from someone who owns a super fast Formula red one.:)

I guarantee that you will enjoy cleaning the flies of the car almost as much as driving it. In fact it's the only car I've ever owned that makes you feel both honoured and very special not only to own but also to wash and polish while putting a smile on your face what with its sensuous lines, great paint finish and panel gap fitment.

Well done and enjoy.

philboo
07-07-2015, 06:58 AM
and when you parked up after the 250 miles, did you feel exhausted having to fight a supercar all the way home, or were you relaxed, comfortable and not tired in any way due to the drive???? :)

You won't be surprised when I say it was very relaxing and I would have happily jumped back in it and gone out for another drive straight away. Not an experience I think someone in a similar aged supercar from many other manufacturers would be able to claim.

I particularly liked looking in the side mirrors and seeing the rear gradually rising upwards towards the rear of the car, not something you have an appreciation of when you stand and look at the car.

It's quite amazing to think when they brought this car out it wasn't sold in huge numbers as it must have been incredible in 1990 compared to everything else.

Mistercorn
07-07-2015, 07:28 AM
It's quite amazing to think when they brought this car out it wasn't sold in huge numbers as it must have been incredible in 1990 compared to everything else.

I would have loved to go in one back then. When you look at what the othe other companies were knocking out at the time it really stands out. It was 20 years ahead of its time. Congratulations on the car, they really are a revelation.

MC

coolfunkyd
07-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Glad you finally acquired one Phil, I bet you were starting to think you would never find one? Your now be spending all your spare time in the garage with the turtle wax and instant detailer . In four days time I will have owned mine a year and I don't think that special feeling of driving the car will ever ware off. Hope to catch up at some point in the future and enjoy.

WhyOne?
08-07-2015, 06:23 AM
Well done Phil - it's always great to see perseverance pay off and someone who is obviously an enthusiast get their car!

Will we be seeing you at the Siverstone Classic?

philboo
08-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Well done Phil - it's always great to see perseverance pay off and someone who is obviously an enthusiast get their car!

Will we be seeing you at the Siverstone Classic?

I am delighted to have bought one. I've said it several times but if I'd had any idea how rare UK NSXs were I'd have looked at one at least a few years ago but I just had no idea. I just shows how subtle the whole marketing of the NSX must have been as I was mad on them when they came out and never knew how advanced they were compared to everything else.

With regard to Silverstone, I think I missed the chance to get a ticket as I was suffering with a severe back problem for over a month and couldn't drive or sit for even a short period of time. It wasn't looking like I was going to be going anywhere in a car so never committed to it.

It would have been great to go just to meet a few fellow members and see so many NSXs together.

philboo
08-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Glad you finally acquired one Phil, I bet you were starting to think you would never find one? Your now be spending all your spare time in the garage with the turtle wax and instant detailer . In four days time I will have owned mine a year and I don't think that special feeling of driving the car will ever ware off. Hope to catch up at some point in the future and enjoy.

Thanks so much. I keep looking at the photos I took when I arrived home. The car cover I ordered arrived today so I can get it cleaned and at least know it won't be getting covered in dust. Need a nice day so I can have some time cleaning it.

Dragonlady
08-07-2015, 07:14 PM
If your not doing anything this weekend, come and join us on the pancake run, a room has just come free. Plenty of NSX's and great people enjoying the best Wales has to offer.

Ian

philboo
08-07-2015, 08:47 PM
If your not doing anything this weekend, come and join us on the pancake run, a room has just come free. Plenty of NSX's and great people enjoying the best Wales has to offer.

Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you for the offer but I don't think I'd be able to attend this weekend due to jobs and still having to take care with my back and left leg pain.

Phil