PDA

View Full Version : Front sidelights

Ken Green
10-06-2015, 06:20 AM
I'm replacing my front fog lights with LED daytime running lights (the fogs are looking the worse for wear). To do this I need to access the rear of the sidelights to tap into the indicator and sidelight cables, but the screw heads of both sidelights are rusted away and will have to be drilled out. The reflectors are also in a poor condition, so I might as well replace the lights at the same time.

Honda are asking for £180 + vat each - does anyone know where I can pick a pair of sidelights up for a reasonable price?

Cheers

Hagasan
10-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Hello Ken,

I had a similar problem. It was a few years back but I was able to get access to the back of the sidelight by removing the headlight cover and shroud. You just need to be careful. Once these parts are out of the way you should be able to find a way to persuade the unit out. Like I said it was a good few years ago. Someone who did it more recently can possibly give you a bit more detail? The screw and plastic retainer are available separately..

Good luck

NSXGB
10-06-2015, 12:42 PM
You could use the wiring for the fog lights if you wanted them on a different circuit, guessing you want them to dim when the indicator is on though?

You can order the screws separately or if you buy the plastic retainer it will come with a screw assembled. If you buy whole new lamp units they come complete but you will have to transfer the little rubber breather snorkels over from your old lamps, for some reason they are not included...

britlude
10-06-2015, 09:25 PM
found it.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX-NA1-FRONT-LAMP-UNIT-SET-33302-SL0-A02-33352-SL0-A02-JDM-SPARES-DIRECT-/200823539052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ec204056c

had no dealings with them, so usual disclaimers apply.....