PDA

View Full Version : Upper Windscreen Moulding

NSXGB
22-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Could somebody confirm for me that the upper windscreen mouldings can both be fitted after the screen has been installed?

Having grief with Autoglass at the moment, avoid at all costs!

Kaz-kzukNA1
22-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Yes, as they are not attached to the windscreen.
In fact, the sticky glue of the fastener (the parts where the shiny molding is going to be inserted) is attached to the vertical surface of the roof panel.

Example here; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1013-Interior-noise-04

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6286-NSX-Health-Check-Service&p=59462#post59462

Please ask them to wipe off any extra adhesive left inside the channel between the roof panel and the windscreen (as long as it won't cause water leakage) as you (or the person) will have big time cleaning the area before you can install the fastener.
It has to be clean with no residue left otherwise, you won't get clean installation and the modling will shift after several months/years.

Kaz

Kaz-kzukNA1
22-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Hi, NSXGB.
In order to prevent IP complication, sent you the installation manual through email.

Kaz

NSXGB
22-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Received, thank you Kaz.

NSXGB
27-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Hurrah, finally got the new upper and lower mouldings from Autoglass, only taken three and a half months for something that was in stock at Honda. Don't usually let you get the lower moulding so that's a slight bonus.

WhyOne?
27-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Hurrah, finally got the new upper and lower mouldings from Autoglass, only taken three and a half months for something that was in stock at Honda. Don't usually let you get the lower moulding so that's a slight bonus.

Good news at very long last Simon.

britlude
27-08-2015, 09:29 PM
is that why you didn't make the pancake run????

NSXGB
27-08-2015, 09:35 PM
is that why you didn't make the pancake run????

Not solely, been a drama going way back before then.

britlude
27-08-2015, 10:20 PM
one day you'll laugh about it.....

NSXGB
28-08-2015, 06:25 AM
one day you'll laugh about it.....

That will be the day they phone me and ask to pay the £75 excess....I will laugh very much down the phone at them.

darock
05-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Did you fit the upper molding yet?

I swapped mine three weeks ago and it was a pain in the a** to get it in at the ends. Its still not 100% right but good enough for me.

Bernhard

NSXGB
05-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Not yet Bernhard, been doing some more interesting mods.
I did test fit the spare one I have (thanks autoglass) and it looked like it would be easy enough. Did you remove the side trims, probably not totally necessary but may help, along with warming it up in hot water maybe?

darock
06-09-2015, 09:29 AM
I did not remove the side trims. I tried not to because I know how easy it is to break the plastic clips holding it :/

maybe I will invest another hour and try it again.

Bernhard

NSXGB
06-09-2015, 01:45 PM
No plastic clips clips on the side trims as far as I can remember, are you thinking of the lower garnish? Probably won't be much help anyway, just a thought.

I did not remove the side trims. I tried not to because I know how easy it is to break the plastic clips holding it :/

maybe I will invest another hour and try it again.

Bernhard

darock
07-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I assumed there are plastics clips like on my civic, therefor I did not touch it. Good to know that there are none.

Right now I just try to enjoy the car. Next weekend around the austrian alps. No wrenching ... just driving :D

Bernhard

NSXGB
09-09-2015, 11:27 AM
I fitted mine yesterday evening. I removed the side trims - take out the door seal then remove 10 x screws each side. Receiver fitted in fine but the last few inches of the outer garnish one side was a bit tight where the windscreen has been fitted maybe slightly higher than it should be. I had to remove the little stapled in stiffener to get it in there - I didn't want to put too much pressure on the glass edge. Probably not text book but I can't see it going anywhere.
I used a wallpapering seam roller to persuade the garnish into the receiver where it was a little tighter which worked a treat.

Looks great again now :)