PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Release Bearing

tapav
01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Clutch release bearing for an 1998 NA2 Manual. I need it rather urgently, ideally Friday, latest Monday and will make it worth your while!

Cheers,

Thomas

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Did you try your local Honda garage? If in stock in UK or Belgium, should be with you within 1 - 2 days.
Also, Honda UK is the cheapest at GBP39 inc.VAT.

Kaz

tapav
01-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Did you try your local Honda garage? If in stock in UK or Belgium, should be with you within 1 - 2 days.
Also, Honda UK is the cheapest at GBP39 inc.VAT.

Kaz

Yup, it was a honda garage that told me it is showing as back order due end of August and I've had that confirmed by Lings.

kingsley
01-07-2015, 08:00 PM
You wont get it for Friday / Monday..... But I ordered parts from America 2 weeks ago and they took 4 days door to door including the day waiting following paying the import tax man

Kingsley

tapav
01-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately I thought this might be a common part, so didn't organise far enough in advance, then other things have forced me to put the car in 2weeks early for the work. My last hope is someone has one laying around that can be replaced in August. Any other suggestions?!

NSXGB
01-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Not had experience of them but rockauto list the release bearing, you can get expedited post to the UK and pay the duty up front so your parcel does not get held up at customs.

tapav
01-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Also tried RockyAutos, I've ordered a lot of parts from them before that have been delivered on time, OEM and they have taken returns too.. Quickest they can do is Wednesday. I've put an enquiry in to see if they'll speed it up. Plus i'm checking the $34 part PRECISION AUTOMOTIVE Part # 614138 is the same part. Kaz says release bearings are more expensive over there, so just double checking.

There are several other suppliers over there that I have enquiries with as well.. SOS, Dali, MI Bearings, BMA Autocrats.. Camskill in UK for Blueprint part, Tegiwa, Burnmotor sport..

lotusolly
01-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Might be worth trying Norton Way, as they deal with more NSX's than any other dealer you might be lucky and find they have one in stock.
Could try VTEC direct for same reason and are also in the UK.

lotusolly
01-07-2015, 10:35 PM
If you have the bearing out already or can find someone to identify the spec of the bearing you could always follow the advice on this thread http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?13097-Genuine-NA1-Clutch-Kits . As long as the bearing isn't made specifically for Honda which I would have thought is unlikely for the asking price, a UK bearing supplier may be able to source one for you.

tapav
02-07-2015, 11:52 AM
If you have the bearing out already or can find someone to identify the spec of the bearing you could always follow the advice on this thread http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?13097-Genuine-NA1-Clutch-Kits . As long as the bearing isn't made specifically for Honda which I would have thought is unlikely for the asking price, a UK bearing supplier may be able to source one for you.

Not sure about what nigel has quoted in that link.. it certainly isn't a standard bearing that you could order from NSK. Think I'm sorted now thanks for the help. Ended up ordering one from Japan and one from the states.. race is on. Lesson learnt.. order ALL parts well in advance, most nsx parts are not kept in stock in UK and can have 1-2months leadtime.