PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seats

marknsx
22-07-2015, 06:13 PM
I feel the need to relace my original drivers seat into NA1 1991 for a comfortable adjustable bucket seat. I need the comfort for distance driving and the support for fast road driving. Cost isn't an issue. Any suggestions?

hkz286
23-07-2015, 10:30 AM
I feel the need to relace my original drivers seat into NA1 1991 for a comfortable adjustable bucket seat. I need the comfort for distance driving and the support for fast road driving. Cost isn't an issue. Any suggestions?

I think as long as you stick to the name brands, bride, recaro, cobra etc then you shouldnt go wrong,

there was an interesting write up on speedhunters about cobra thats worth a read (i didnt understand what went into making sport and race seats)

http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/05/are-seats-the-most-important-part-of-your-car/

marknsx
23-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Many thanks.
I assume that the existing mountings are unsuitable? Should I decide to proceed is it possible to restore the original seat for sale at some time in the future?

hkz286
23-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Many thanks.
I assume that the existing mountings are unsuitable? Should I decide to proceed is it possible to restore the original seat for sale at some time in the future?

you would buy a entire new seat and rail, which means you would take out your old seat and rail as one. So yes, it would be a case of bolting it back in when it came to selling the car :)

when using a new seat and rail though, you would lose the electric adjustment (unless you bought the OEM nsx-r seat rail)

marknsx
23-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Great.
Thanks hkz286!
Electric isn't a priority unless very straightforward.
Does anyone have an idea of who to use for the supplying and fitting?
Any thoughts on GSM in Nottingham? They have been recommended.

hkz286
23-07-2015, 02:50 PM
Great.
Thanks hkz286!
Electric isn't a priority unless very straightforward.
Does anyone have an idea of who to use for the supplying and fitting?
Any thoughts on GSM in Nottingham? They have been recommended.

no worries :)

it is straightforward if you buy the nsxr rails and switch etc but the rails alone tend to go for huge amounts of money so im not sure its worth it.

me personally i would just buy the appropriate recaro, bride etc rail with a mechanical adjustment. Then its just a case of bolting everything in :)

marknsx
23-07-2015, 03:52 PM
Excellent
Is it Recaro or nothing?

hkz286
23-07-2015, 08:35 PM
Excellent
Is it Recaro or nothing?

in terms of seats or rails?

in terms of seats then you can take your pick :)

in terms of rails, then recaro tends to be the most common along with bride, i think there will be other rails but those that i know off the top of my head :)

NZNick
23-07-2015, 11:59 PM
When you say "adjustable, bucket" what do you mean? Do you mean adjustable like the standard NSX seats that can be reclined, or do you mean bucket like the Type R seats that have a one piece shell for both the back and the base?

marknsx
24-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Hi
I mean adjustable, Not a single piece. I need to drive distances as well as quickly.
Thanks

hkz286
24-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi
I mean adjustable, Not a single piece. I need to drive distances as well as quickly.
Thanks

i thought as much,

i have had great success with recaros line of recliners (older variants sr2, sr3, sr5) to the newer selection in various brand new OEM cars, as well as cobra recliners (specifically the daytona line). Both offered lots of support as well as comfort.

I have heard great things about bride although have had no personal experiance of them.

make sure you stay away from "replicas" of popular seats. Im sure i dont have to explain why when you see the price is usually over 4 times cheaper than that of the real seat.

Also make sure you know they are, in fact, real. There are lots of copies floating around of bride (and a few of recaro) with sellers (usually on eBay) purporting to be real whilst being fakes. you know the score, if its too good to be true, it usually is.

good example:

£400 (ish) for two seats (fakes)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIDE-VIOS-3-III-Black-Gradation-Racing-Seats-Pair-Low-Max-Bucket-JDM-2-Seats-/191601456951

£650 for one seat (real)

http://bride-jp.net/products/full-bucket/vios/#VIOS%E2%85%A2%20JAPAN

2 seats for less than one of the real thing :)

Pride
24-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Hi
I mean I need to drive distances as well as quickly.
Thanks

In that case Mark I hope you bought a RED one then.:)