PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuild.... who?

britlude
28-07-2015, 07:47 PM
don't panic, it's not a disaster thread!

i've been asked by a friend as to who are the go-to guys for an engine rebuild..... no details as to whether its cam belt/top end or full rebuild, but who are the people to go to?

Plans, Vtec Direct?

ta!

Pride
28-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Quick off the top of my head suggestion, especially after speaking at length with Rob Fenns father David at the weekend, he came across as a very friendly informative guy so give "Project NSX" a shout, I'm sure they would be able to suggest someone if not themselves.

Hagasan
28-07-2015, 09:58 PM
I believe the Fenns get their engines build by someone in Harlow via John Danby Racing.

Dragonlady
28-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Kaz? If not him, he will know who's best.

Mistercorn
28-07-2015, 10:09 PM
I would go to Kaz, no question. I am sure there are cheaper options. I doubt there are better options.

MC

goldtop
28-07-2015, 11:41 PM
I'd imagine more full rebuilds are done in the USA, so Prime might be a good source of recommendations.

Rob_Fenn
29-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Of course i've never met Kaz, but he seems very knowledgable and has a lot of recommendations on here.

Our engine is built by AER race engines. Hard to recommend in this instance because they are very good, but very expensive. However, John Danby Racing (JDR) do indeed have a very good local builder who has worked on our other cars and he really knows his stuff. Through working with us, we have lots of good links within the UK and Japan for parts too.

They are based in Essex; i imagine location is going to be a factor.