PDA

View Full Version : NSX Antenna.

WhyOne?
24-08-2015, 10:32 AM
I recently purchased this antenna from Geoff to replace the one on my car which I believed to be broken.

However, a little investigation has shown that my problem lies not with the antenna, but the combination of a USA Spec iPod adapter and a Smartenna.....these two boxes of tricks are not compatible, hence I now have two fully functional antenna's!

I paid £150 (exl. P&P), so it seems only fair to offer it back for sale for the same amount.

hkz286
24-08-2015, 12:01 PM
I recently purchased this antenna from Geoff to replace the one on my car which I believed to be broken.

However, a little investigation has shown that my problem lies not with the antenna, but the combination of a USA Spec iPod adapter and a Smartenna.....these two boxes of tricks are not compatible, hence I now have two fully functional antenna's!

I paid £150 (exl. P&P), so it seems only fair to offer it back for sale for the same amount.

is it a jdm one bud?

WhyOne?
24-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Hi, no it is from a UK car - which are you looking for?

hkz286
24-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi, no it is from a UK car - which are you looking for?

a jdm one bud :( on account of the half mast feature etc

WhyOne?
24-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Ah, OK.

Sorry, cant help you there.

Pride
24-08-2015, 05:35 PM
is it a jdm one bud?

To my knowledge the electric aerial half mast operation should still work as its in the switch electronics and not the aerial itself so it doesn't have to be a JDM one.

hkz286
24-08-2015, 07:59 PM
To my knowledge the electric aerial half mast operation should still work as its in the switch electronics and not the aerial itself so it doesn't have to be a JDM one.

nah the switch is just a switch, there is an additional module on the jdm aerial

jdm antenna:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/136748-JDM-Half-Antenna-Aerial-With-Switch

uk/us antenna :
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/181239-Power-antenna-off-a-1995-Nsx

whether you could add the module to a non-jdm aerial, im not sure :)

unclebob
25-08-2015, 07:13 AM
why bother i disconnected the aerial altogether and my radio still works fine for some reason?!

WhyOne?
25-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Witchcraft?

Hagasan
25-08-2015, 11:20 AM
why bother i disconnected the aerial altogether and my radio still works fine for some reason?!

Wow, that's amazing... Jut like the world seems to keep on spinning ;)

Kaz-kzukNA1
25-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Apology to 'WhyOne?' for going off topic on his 'For Sale' thread but JDM uses diversity system for the FM reception so addition to the rod/mast aerial/ANT, there is another printed ANT at the top section of the rear hatch glass.
From logic circuit point of view, don’t disconnect the ANT on the diversity system.

The Half height ANT feature on JDM is achieved by the combination of extra relay in the control box with the specific contact plates (I think it’s behind the round disc plate where the extract/retract reel sits) so just replacing the control box and installing the switch won’t enable it.

From GND plain point of view, you want at least the length of the ANT for the diameter of the plain with vertical ANT installation but now-a-days, you can install the hidden aftermarket ANT across the dashboard, A-pillar, windshield, roof lining, Eng bay air scoop, etc.
Or, if you are mainly using your NSX in Europe, you can custom install the European spec S2000 ANT with the booster module included.

Kaz

nigel
05-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Since this has been up for so long, how much to send it to the colonies, Greensboro, North Carolina, postal code 27405, via Parcel Force?
I bought one from Sudesh a while back for 100 of the Queens finest for my NSX and maybe this one for my '91 Prelude?

Cheers
nigel

WhyOne?
05-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Since this has been up for so long, how much to send it to the colonies, Greensboro, North Carolina, postal code 27405, via Parcel Force?
I bought one from Sudesh a while back for 100 of the Queens finest for my NSX and maybe this one for my '91 Prelude?

Cheers
nigel

Hi Nigel,

I'll make some enquiries and get back to you early next week.

Shame about the timing - I was on Marco Island a couple of weeks ago!

All the best

Ian

WhyOne?
07-09-2015, 10:15 AM

Cheers
nigel

Hi Nigel,

It looks like I could use on of the slower Royal Mail services to the US for ~£25....so does £160 including P&P sound to you?