PDA

View Full Version : NSX Value plummets ...

Senninha
13-09-2015, 09:25 AM
I apologise in advance to some of our more sensitive owners as this post may come as a bit of a shock ...

The air was crisp, all around was quiet, a robin sat inquisitively on the gate top. The sun was already bright in a clear blue sky. I tried to resist the temptation but with keys in hand, resistance was pointless.

I then did the unthinkable ... I went for 'another' drive in the NSX. For what purpose I hear you ask ... there's a lovely coffee shop 40 odd miles away and I just had to have one. It was a challenging journey, lots of twisty b roads, cyclist, joggers and other cars to navigate around.

My NSX and I rose to the challenge. We added around 100 miles, adding some brake dust and even picked up a stone chip for our troubles.

So there you have it, an easy way to devalue an NSX is to drive it!!

LoL, Paul

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-09-2015, 10:19 AM
From collector’s market point of view, no doubt the low mileage would be the preferred factor.
From mechanical hardware point of view especially for the engine, the best thing you can do is to drive your NSX regularly. You have just done that :)

[Edit: moved the technical aspect of my post into a new thread in Technical Forum; http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?13293-How-to-crank-the-engine-after-long-storage]

Kaz

exiges1
13-09-2015, 02:24 PM
What cafe was that then? Always good to know of another 'local' tea stop. Shame it was a last minute decision, I was thinking the same thing last night just didn't get my act together before the MotoGP started. Fascinating race though.

Senninha
13-09-2015, 07:47 PM
What cafe was that then? Always good to know of another 'local' tea stop. Shame it was a last minute decision, I was thinking the same thing last night just didn't get my act together ...

I had a gentle run out via the A130 then off towards Woodham ... took in the Woodham Wiggles (a favourite with our two wheeled friends), through Hanningfield and some other lanes before heading to Maldon. Back down to Woodham and then off to the Burnham bends where I was amongst some lovely sports bikes having some fun together. Was going to grab coffee there but decided to take in the bends again in the opposite direction whilst still quiet, so headed off and down to Southend sea front to grab the coffee. Lovely Latte from a new place on the beach.

Will post next time as had a few PM's about joining. Its nothing to vigorous, just a healthy pace to exercise these lovely cars and letting them do what they were designed for.

regards, Paul

exiges1
13-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Know those roads well, need to be an early bird to get a relatively free run. Certainly a favourite area with local bikers, there's often a temporary speed check on the Burnham run as unfortunately a number of bikers have come to grief over the years.

Yes would be good to have a run out on a pleasant morning, not done the coffee stop at Southend before. If you fancy some company next time let me know.

marknsx
15-09-2015, 11:43 AM
On the point concerning stone chips. Has anyone used the modern protective clear films? I understand a total coverage may cost 3K! My car emerges from the body shop this week. I intend doing unto 5000 miles per annum.

Senninha
16-09-2015, 08:41 PM
On the point concerning stone chips. Has anyone used the modern protective clear films? I understand a total coverage may cost 3K! My car emerges from the body shop this week. I intend doing unto 5000 miles per annum.

Hi Mark, I've used Armourfend on 3 cars. Very good, doesn't go yellow like cheaper options. However, I would leave fresh paint at least a month before applying. Typical front end cover <£400, regards, Paul

marknsx
17-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks Paul.