PDA

View Full Version : P0141 Bank 1 Sensor 2 heater circuit failure

Mistercorn
15-10-2015, 08:08 PM
I have the above code and assume I need a new O2 sensor. Does anybody know which one Bank 1 is and where is the best place to get one from?

MC

NSXGB
15-10-2015, 09:12 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?13184-error-code-P0135-O2-sensor&highlight=sensor

Kaz-kzukNA1
16-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Hi, Mistercorn.

Generally speaking, on V-banked engine, the Bank 1 is where the #1 Cyl is located so on our NSX, it is the Rear bank (close to the boot panel).
For your reference, the term ‘Sensor 2’ is for the O2 sensor after/post/downstream the CAT and also called as the ‘Secondary’ sensor.

For DTC P0141, please first check whether the O2 sensor connector is fully locked or not.
Because of the location of the connector, I have seen CEL triggered due to partially locked connector getting loose.

For heater circuit failure, you can confirm it by measuring the resistance at the sensor side of the connector. You will need to access it from the bottom side of the engine and at the opening near the rear CAT area.
Just attach the multimeter on the two wires with the same colour (normally, both in black or grey). These are the wires for the heater circuit and you will probably see open circuit.

Normally I order the O2 sensor from www.sparkplugs.com (http://www.sparkplugs.com) in US and have the sensor sent through FedEx.
Much quicker than USPS (3 – 5 days VS 10 – 14days) and for the small package like this one, it’s similar price or sometimes even cheaper than USPS.

You can get the same sensor at lower price through RockAuto but I don’t know their stock and Lot control so probably fine if you are doing DIY but not for me especially if installing on someone’s NSX.
Sparkplugs.com will have the sensor delivered from the manufacture for the NTK one.
You may be able to find the same sensor on Amazon US but the one 'sold and delivered by amazon' won't accept the purchase for international delivery. There are other amazon market place shops that will deal with the international delivery though.....

As mentioned many times, please do not use Year model for buying the parts around the exhaust area from US if you are going to install it on the European spec NSX.
The introduction of OBD2 was much earlier in US (Acura NSX was equipped from 95 models) and the CAT spec is different depending on the region so as well as the number of O2 sensor used, the cable length of the O2 sensor could be different even for the same year model but with different country spec.

I think I know who you are and your NSX so if my assumption is correct, you will need the equivalent of OEM 36542-PR7-J51 Rear Secondary O2 sensor.
In US, it’s using –A51 version and not the –J51.

Kaz

pralognan
16-10-2015, 03:15 PM
If like me you find the sensor doesn't want to come loose even with the correct heavy duty black socket,heat,acetone/ATF treatment and you round the sensor hexagon,I can recommend a Stillson wrench with a 40cm steel tube "extension".Have fun!

Mistercorn
16-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys, I'm in Detroit this week for the Auto Testing Expo so I'll get it up on the ramp when I get home next week and check the sensor. The exhaust and sensors is all very clean so hopefully it will come out without too much of a fight. The connector was unplugged when I removed the exhaust to change the sump gasket, so I'll check that first.

MC