PDA

View Full Version : Wheel balance question, advice needed

exiges1
19-12-2015, 10:30 AM
is this wheel ( no tyre or valve) roadworthy?

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-12-2015, 03:40 PM
…… if only I can see the photo…. That’s probably what majority of the readers are thinking about your post…..

Joking a side, could you check my email regarding the issue of uploading the file and the alternative method?

I can see your photo using several different methods but couldn't see the actual wheel on the balancer with the protector cover above it....
Is it visually damaged?

The balance reading without the valve means not much because even for the alloy wheel, you can't manufacture it evenly especially, you have to remove the material for the valve hole.
Addition to this, tyre itself is not even so that's why each manufactures shows the light balance spot by the red/yellow dots or some other methods.

Kaz

exiges1
19-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Bloody photo thing drives me mad! Even using Flickr is doesn't work. Aargh!

Hopefully Kaz will put the photo in. Story is/was I was going to bid on a wheel on eBay but I asked the seller whether the wheel was roadworthy etc. He took it to a tyre fitter today and the pics are of the figures the tyre fitting machine showed once it was spun up.

The seller informed me these figures were normal tolerance but just checking that with the forum.

Kaz, the pic he sent me didn't show the wheel on the machine.

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-12-2015, 06:56 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ysviu4d4GVw/VnWn1A_ZLrI/AAAAAAAAdGQ/4ihBTJzF2Aw/s800-Ic42/image1.JPG
This is it.

As in my post above, means not much without the valve, tyre.....
Even with the hair line crack on the wheel, you will still get the same number. It's not load cell and just a balancer.

Regarding the photo sharing through Flickr, there is T&C of Flickr that one must link back to the photo page and thus, there is no direct link shown.
For security and other reasons, HTML code is not allowed in many part of NSXCB forum.
In other words, you can’t just use the ‘Share’ button on Flickr to link your photo on here.

There is a workaround for this through ‘Share’ and ‘Download’ feature within Flickr but again, you must show the link back to Flickr.

Kaz

Nick Graves
19-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Unless you X-ray the wheel, you'll probably never know its true condition.

You'll probably be able to judge it better from your 'feel' of the seller's integrity.

exiges1
19-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Cheers guys, I 'll give it a miss.