PDA

View Full Version : Cheers

nigel
27-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy Boxing Day to all and thanks for your partnership and sharing the love we have for our cars.
All the best in the year, (s) to come.

Cheers
nigel

The King
27-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Merry Christmas to all from across the pond. Enjoy your holidays and have a great 2016!

marknsx
27-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Has anyone had a christmas drive

Pride
27-12-2015, 07:38 PM

Yes, I took it out this morning for a trip over to Goodwood circuit, nothing really going on but had a lovely cuppa and a spirited drive back via the twisty country roads, great fun.:)

Got back and decided to recalibrate/service all the Clifford alarm sensors, ie, glass break sensor, proximity sensor, digital tilt/motion sensor and omni directional shock sensor with my lap top.

The alarm now audibly and verbally reliably warns away any potential intruder threat loitering around the NSX's exterior.

Often thought to be overkill but I love it and once accurately and properly adjusted it gives me great piece of mind and always a great talking point at car club meetings, particularly with the remote engine start, headlight, fog light and led wheel arch and undercar lighting, working from the various channels from the remote control.

I'm very much looking forward to getting my coilovers installed and setup at Plans next week, hopefully they will be a big improvement on the oem setup, as well as looking better.

I will let you all know what I think once done.

Happy new year all.:D

marknsx
27-12-2015, 08:54 PM
I shall unfurl the cover and drive tomorrow

Senninha
29-12-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm very much looking forward to getting my coilovers installed and setup at Plans next week, hopefully they will be a big improvement on the oem setup, as well as looking better.

I will let you all know what I think once done.

Happy new year all.:D

HNYTYT ....

Which set up are you installing? How did you make the decision?

and mind you don't go too low and damage the neons!

pralognan
29-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Christmas Eve,Cockermouth to Stratford on Avon(number 2 son),Boxing Day to Derby(number 1 son) back via Leeds visiting sick friend,dodging floods and road closures,finally A1/A69,everything else shut.
NSX now washed,oil change,ready for next storm

marknsx
29-12-2015, 01:22 PM
fab work. just what the car was designed to do. love driving NSX in the wet

Pride
29-12-2015, 01:34 PM
HNYTYT ....

Which set up are you installing? How did you make the decision?

and mind you don't go too low and damage the neons!

Hi Paul, one of the first things I did when I bought the car way back in 1998 was to replace the 42,000 mile old factory shocks with new oem's. Very soon after that I installed 17" chrome Stilautos with very low profile tyres.

Owning a couple of car audio shops at the time I decided to make this car one of my demonstrators to show off the Varad LED suspension and undercar lighting kits I sold. Once fitted and turned on I was never really happy with the large wheel arch gap that the lighting accentuated but having recently forked out over £2k on new shocks I thought I would leave it for a while.

My undercar and suspension lighting kit installs increased 10 fold since using my car as a demonstrator.

12557 12558 Now on to loose the wheel arch gap:D

Now fast forward 15 years I decided to refit the origanol 15/16" wheel combo with large sidewall Toyo R888 tyres and started looking into the best bang for the buck coilovers to give it the lower stance I always intended giving it years ago.

As I now have no real serious track day intentions I decided to rule out kits costing more than £1500 and after reading lots of reviews and opinions on line, I narrowed it down to the BC Racing coilovers:

http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/br-series-coilover-type-rh-13348.html

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/159029-BC-Racing-Coilovers-Comprehensive-Review

I was about to place an order for these when a forum member advertised selling a set of near brand new ones for half the price so needless to say I bought them. They are the 10kg front and 10kg rear model.

Although by all accounts they're not to difficult to fit I decided after speaking with Graham at Plans that the most important aspect of any suspension upgrade is the final calibration and setup, which they do so I thought it best to let them fit them as well.

I'm so looking forward to driving it afterwards so I can compare with origanol setup.

Cheers.

NSXGB
29-12-2015, 04:57 PM
By the way what does, HNYTYT.... mean???

....at a guess Happy New Year To You Too....

Pride
29-12-2015, 05:20 PM
....at a guess Happy New Year To You Too....

Cheers Simon, and thanks for suggesting Plans a couple of weeks ago. A very sensible quote (£200) along with very good advice.:)

Pride
29-12-2015, 06:16 PM
I've just managed, for the first time, to add some images to my earlier posting.:rolleyes:

Hagasan
29-12-2015, 07:09 PM
I've just managed, for the first time, to add some images to my earlier posting.:rolleyes:
Was that really necessary ;) ??

Pride
29-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Was that really necessary ;) ??

I hope I didn't spoil your evening meal??? :) :D ;)

Hagasan
29-12-2015, 09:43 PM
I hope I didn't spoil your evening meal??? :) :D ;)

I hadn't got that far but at 9.42pm I'm still traumatised!!