PDA

View Full Version : SRS Cable reel - preferably damaged

hkz286
24-01-2016, 01:00 PM
hello all,

im after a srs cable reel (the bit behind the steering wheel with the plugs on)

but i would prefer a damaged one, as basically all i need is the cruise control plug (ive relocated by button and want a proper plug to make a harness) so will be cut up.

Also would like a cruise control switch as well if anyone has one :)

im located in the UK so would need postage to there.

Cheers
mike

NSXGB
24-01-2016, 06:53 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-Acura-Nsx-AIRBAG-SRS-SENSOR-RING-Na1-Na2-/191678650253?hash=item2ca0f0178d:g:YBEAAOSwgQ9V5Fv A

hkz286
24-01-2016, 06:58 PM
yeah I've seen a few on ebay but as i said, i just need the connector for the cruise control so wouldnt like to cut up a perfectly good part that someone else can use :)

Kaz-kzukNA1
25-01-2016, 12:37 AM
Hi, Mike.
I’m probably missing the point but why you need to cut the cable reel if you have relocated the OEM cruise control Set/Resume button?
Do you still have your cable reel?
Where did you relocate the OEM cruise control Set/Resume button?
Unless you no longer have your original cable reel or relocated the button to somewhere you can't hide the reel body itself, there is no need to get another cable reel to cut it and just use the connector.

Kaz

hkz286
25-01-2016, 11:44 AM
Hello Kaz,

its been relocated to the centre console, and as I have the works bell hub/boss, the standard cable reel is left in place (unlike the type r hub/boss I believe?)

There is, of course the option to relocate my standard cable reel, however I would like to leave it where it is, and create a custom harness that takes a feed directly from the cruise control unit behind the glovebox,

In order for my custom harness to plug into the cruise control button (set/resume) i would like to use a JAE connector, however as its a 21 year old design, I'm fairly sure I wont be able to buy a new one from Farnell / RS etc, hence why I want to get one from a broken cable reel.

I could just find some terminals that will fit into the connector, and create my custom harness that way, however I want to be as neat as possible and actually use the same terminal housing (yellow plastic electrical plug) as on the cable reel itself.

hope that makes sense? I don't tend to express myself very well in writing :)