PDA

View Full Version : AT V MT do I trade

marknsx
18-03-2016, 03:39 PM
I have considered the prospect of trading my higher mileage MT for a lower mileage AT.
I have now driven the Auto NSX and... I won't be doing the trade.

The auto I drove is OEM except lowered suspension and bigger wheels. Neither of which made any discernible difference on my drive.
The auto drove beautifully and I enjoyed the powered steering at slow speeds and especially into slow corners. The dealership have tightened up the steering by changing the original nylon bushes for metal on the steering arms. Very positive drive. The engine growled as expected and the car responded beautifully as I gave it gas. No arguments there.
However, I failed to engage with the car. It drove like an auto. It might have been any automatic car. It wasn't special. Not any fault with the car. Just me. Too easy, too nice. I missed having to think about changing gear. The lack of power steering on my AT reminds me that I'm driving an NSX. The MT NSX demands respect as it forces you to think ahead whilst driving. This effort provides the pleasure.

On my return I discussed my feelings with the dealership rep. He agreed with my analysis. Not a drivers car!