PDA

View Full Version : Radio and speakers issue

C2NSX
02-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi guys,

my radio UK one will play radio channels for like a minute and then just go to static, switch it off and leave it switch it back on again and the same happens after a minute.

As well as this my door speakers don't play any sound just the one under the passenger footwell and the middle. The door ones just crackle now and again.

Pride
02-04-2016, 08:47 AM
Door speakers have their own built in amplifiers and on Kaz's blog there's plenty of info on the head unit, sounds like a full service overhaul needed on the system once it's all removed, again Kaz is the man.

C2NSX
02-04-2016, 09:15 AM
Thanks pride

Hagasan
02-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Hi guys,

my radio UK one will play radio channels for like a minute and then just go to static, switch it off and leave it switch it back on again and the same happens after a minute.

As well as this my door speakers don't play any sound just the one under the passenger footwell and the middle. The door ones just crackle now and again.

Hi Josh,

Did you buy the car knowing of these faults? If not is the garage that sold it to you not the first port of call?

C2NSX
02-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Yer was priced in to the sale price with a few of the issues. So not an issue paying to get stuff done just knowing who to use and what it needs.

nobby
02-04-2016, 12:25 PM
if you like music and enjoy decent sounds in your car my advice is to put aftermarket kit in. the bose was probably an ok system over 20 years ago ... not now!
the difference is night and day on a decent upgrade without going mental and spending k's!
i put decent amp, speakers and small sub in by JL Audio in and totally transformed the system

obviously if not big into sounds you may prefer to send your amps etc to Kaz for fixing ... or you may want that OEM feel with the nice cassette deck to look at ;)

C2NSX
02-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Something i had thought about but whats involved is all wiring the same and just need a harness for the new radio what about the facia around the stereo? Could be something i do get the standard fixed up and then when i sell put it back in. As after further checking the cd changer doesnt work as well now so all i can listen to is static or muffled sound of someone who sounds like they are reading the bible haha

AR
02-04-2016, 06:02 PM
if you like music and enjoy decent sounds in your car my advice is to put aftermarket kit in. the bose was probably an ok system over 20 years ago ... not now!
the difference is night and day on a decent upgrade without going mental and spending k's!
i put decent amp, speakers and small sub in by JL Audio in and totally transformed the system

obviously if not big into sounds you may prefer to send your amps etc to Kaz for fixing ... or you may want that OEM feel with the nice cassette deck to look at ;)

That would be the best way to go IMHO, or stereo delete like the NSX-R!

The OEM equipment looks good for the dash and period, but has very few features for 2016.

Pride
02-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Something i had thought about but whats involved is all wiring the same and just need a harness for the new radio what about the facia around the stereo? Could be something i do get the standard fixed up and then when i sell put it back in. As after further checking the cd changer doesnt work as well now so all i can listen to is static or muffled sound of someone who sounds like they are reading the bible haha

Excellent, now I've got a couple of thousand shop bought pre recorded cassettes if you would like to make me an offer Josh, I'll even throw in a few hundred led's to modernise and brighten up your ride.:)

C2NSX
02-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Excellent, now I've got a couple of thousand shop bought pre recorded cassettes if you would like to make me an offer Josh, I'll even throw in a few hundred led's to modernise and brighten up your ride.:)

haha unfortunately i only have a cd wallet to store music in. But what are these leds? Wouldnt mind brighting it up all over

Pride
02-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Internal, external, rear shelf, lip spoiler, rear spoiler, scoop intakes, washer jets, wheel arches, brake lights and now I'm even thinking about exhaust tips,..........help me😱😎

L696ULO
03-04-2016, 07:15 AM
[QUOTE=Pride;119011]Internal, external, rear shelf, lip spoiler, rear spoiler, scoop intakes, washer jets, wheel arches, brake lights and now I'm even thinking about exhaust tips,..........help me
[QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say Clive you are beyond help! "Thinking about exhaust tips" they won't last long with your flamethrower

Pride
03-04-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm sorry to say Clive you are beyond help! "Thinking about exhaust tips" they won't last long with your flamethrower

No, I've scrapped the "non" flame thrower idea :( and I'm now looking for a real classy quad exhaust led lighting tip :)

britlude
03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
..... I'm now looking for a real classy quad exhaust led lighting tip :)

not sure you can use 'classy' in the same sentence as 'quad exhaust led lighting tip' :)

Kaz-kzukNA1
03-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Hi, C2NSX.

I recommend listening to the perfectly operating OEM system with the engine running (and ideally with the same aftermarket exhaust if you are thinking of having one) and then decide what to do.

Everyone has different sensitivity to the audio frequency range through their ear and quite often, the amount of noise and vibration through your skull and body/bone are neglected when evaluating any ICE.
Something perfectly balanced when the engine was not running doesn’t mean you would have nice music while you are cruising with aftermarket exhaust, tyre, road noise, engine sound, etc…

I spent some time for the radio communication for the F1 drivers including the ear piece and microphone.
With the hearing test once a year, I knew I have sensitive ear at certain frequency range so it was interesting listening to what these sound engineers told me.

I used to drive different hire cars every 2 weeks or every week somewhere in the world and obviously, all of them were the latest model at that time.
Compared to the audio system in the luxury cars that were all introduced at the same time or even after the NSX era, when NSX OEM system is operating perfectly, I felt it’s good enough for my ears.

I’m not an audio guru and as mentioned above, everyone has different sensitivity to the frequency range and also the taste in music so best listening to the system first.

For your reference, if you have Apple device, you can install iPod adaptor in place of CD changer (yours seemed to be broken any way) and control the device through your OEM head unit.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1641-USA-Spec-PA11-HON-from-amazon-com

The adaptor also has AUX input so if you connect the Bluetooth receiver, you can connect pretty much anything.

I use ancient iPod mini to control the music through the head unit and for my Android device, I connected Bluetooth receiver with aptX to the AUX input.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1443-Bluetooth-Receiver

Some owners are using the adaptor from GROM. I have no experience with it but depending on your purpose and device, it could be better option.

For the Bose speaker and the audio head unit failure, you can find lots of examples here;
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/blog.php?1811&blogcategoryid=44

On NSX Prime, I found that you can buy new AMP from Bose at very reasonable price.
Not sure they will deliver outside of US but if your existing one is burnt (I won’t service the burnt one), it’s worth trying it out.

Kaz

Pride
03-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Very wise words Kaz 👍

C2NSX
03-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Cheers guys, right what im thinking is i will upgrade it all and keep original for if i do sell can be put back in or sold with. So im going to buy the bits needed to do a full change can anyone give advice on this list...

1. Double din
2. Cut and make new facia
3. 6.5 speakers x2
4. Amplifier 4channel
5. Speaker cable
7. Radio harness adaptor

Problem Child
03-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Cheers guys, right what im thinking is i will upgrade it all and keep original for if i do sell can be put back in or sold with. So im going to buy the bits needed to do a full change can anyone give advice on this list...

1. Double din
2. Cut and make new facia
3. 6.5 speakers x2
4. Amplifier 4channel
5. Speaker cable
7. Radio harness adaptor

I have a centre console in perfect condition should you be interested in buying it?

nobby
03-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Wise man Josh, upgrade is the best option

check out science of speed website they have speaker surrounds, double din cage etc.

good quality cable and leads are essential.

you need to think about sub and its box, likely need custom made; I put a 6" speaker in by JL Audio and it has some punch for its size

Pride
03-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Sorry I disagree.
My suggestion would be to have the oem head unit serviced by Kaz, connect a high quality pre-amp converter like an audiocontrol LC2i at just over £100, to its rear outputs then connect a quality 4 channel amp, replace speakers adding tweeters to top of the door and then replace the cd changer with a c-bus type alpine model.
If you have an iPod, great, just install one of the many interfaces available.
Job done without changing dash fascia and buying an expensive double din head unit which you then can't easily read the display once installed as it leans back with the rake of the dash.

L696ULO
03-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Clive aren't you forgetting the vital ingredient LEDs !!

Pride
03-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Clive aren't you forgetting the vital ingredient LEDs !!

Oh and of course, lots of switchable bass beat flashing LEDs :)

NSX 2000
04-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Another option that I have heard, is somone in the US takes your old head unit, removes the internals and replaces with new internals to give bluetooth, etc, giving the apperance of OEM. The only thing is I can't find any info on the ye old web!

Kaz-kzukNA1
04-04-2016, 10:04 AM
................ The only thing is I can't find any info on the ye old web!
http://www.willmanselectronics.com/nsx_sales.htm

Problem Child
04-04-2016, 10:48 AM
haha unfortunately i only have a cd wallet to store music in. But what are these leds? Wouldnt mind brighting it up all over

Just be thankful he never offered you his collection of 78's

lotusolly
04-04-2016, 06:32 PM
With a red car Geoff, surely you never went faster than 33's!! ;)

C2NSX
04-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Lot of options then, just time frame going to germany in her for a few days beginning of May so ideally need a sound system working for then.

My plan is install a new system and then take my time getting the old equipment all rebuilt

C2NSX
04-04-2016, 07:00 PM

Is it bad im from the generation of cds? Just shows how young i am! Only tapes i have seen are in my grandparents tape folders.