PDA

View Full Version : Ireland

marknsx
14-04-2016, 04:59 PM
A few NSXs coming through Ireland. Has anyone had any dealings over there?

soddy
15-04-2016, 12:13 AM
ask nobby as he is from N.Ireland and would know the nsx car community. there is also sudesh.
there was a purple targa auto which was in cork, maybe at plans now it was a good while back.

marknsx
15-04-2016, 08:51 AM
thanks soddy

Sudesh
17-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Hi Mark and the rest of the gang, haven't been on here much. Health still on the back log. At least this club helps with the spelling with having auto correction lol.

Mark with regards the car your thinking about, your welcome to PM me for a chat. I can then send my phone numbers. I've serviced most here, some are still tucked away though haven't been used in a while. I've just found another one I know off that I like myself and always liked the color as its unusual.

Just tell Andrew to sell you his lol.

nobby
18-04-2016, 12:41 PM
just saw this thread ... Sudesh is the guru for this part of the world, but if i am of any help dont be afraid to ask

goldtop
18-04-2016, 03:37 PM
A couple of years ago there was an auto purple targa (F-Matic?) in Ireland that did come to the UK. Plus a dark silver (not Sebring) manual that I missed out on. And my car also spent some time in Ireland before returning to the UK.

I think the nastiness of the Irish car tax system and the Euro:£ rate changes mean there are times when Ireland is a good source.

Sudesh
18-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Not just that; but to tax insure/ run a car in Southern Ireland is expensive. But Soddy hasn't said if the car is in South or North!! If it's the North, then no different to UK.

Sudesh
18-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Just get Andrew to sell his.......if he doesn't sell it soon, I have a beautiful standard boot spoiler in the garage for sale lol.

soddy
18-04-2016, 06:44 PM
the only one i was told about was in Southern/Republic of Ireland in Cork and was the f-matic purple targa, cream or tan interior.
it went to england as goldtop said above.
the only others are probably andrews or a red one he knew, he told me about. that and what sudesh owned then sold before buying his lambo.

it is the southern tax/insurance which would make owning such a car very difficult like sudesh said.
but if andrew is selling his then it's in northern ireland, part of the UK so buy it then drive home and watch him cry in your rear view mirror ;)

NSXGB
18-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Was the purple targa the one that 'popped up' (excuse the pun) in the Isle of Man?

Sudesh
18-04-2016, 07:18 PM
There are a few more Soddy! Just been tucked away. Ed had a green one in Southern Ireland. Haven't seen or heard from him in years...... I know of another green one but the owner can come in here when he's ready.

I'm looking at a purple manual car in the north that hasn't seen the road in 12 years or so. Plastic rappings are still on the sills and othe places...Gcon has or had his facelift car. There was a white one with a body kit of some kind. I know of a grey car similar color to my Diablo. There is a really "SLOW" yellow thing too. Guy is too tall for it, needs to be sold on. Had to buy it in yellow as its the only way he can pull the women lol.

shane
18-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Sudesh you'll get a row started yet. But I agree!! Lol

I heard there's another green one in the fermanagh area, don't see it out that often tho!

Sudesh
18-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Ha ha! Was wondering when you would reply. So that's your green car and another.....

Sudesh
18-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Isn't green cars supposed to be bad luck? lol

marknsx
18-04-2016, 08:01 PM
i was looking and talking to the dealer in southern ireland with the pearl white manual. imported from japan wight he odd two colour seats. seems it still needs converting to uk spec

Sudesh
18-04-2016, 08:18 PM
I think I know that car.

There isn't much converting to UK spec needed. All you need; is for to get a UK MOT. Straight forward enough on theses cars. I've imported other makes/models that were a pain real pain in the ass.

I did my own car and I think Andrews too.

i was looking and talking to the dealer in southern ireland with the pearl white manual. imported from japan wight he odd two colour seats. seems it still needs converting to uk spec

nobby
18-04-2016, 10:19 PM
now Shane don't you be encouraging him!
:rolleyes:

Sudesh you'll get a row started yet. But I agree!! Lol

I heard there's another green one in the fermanagh area, don't see it out that often tho!

nobby
18-04-2016, 10:21 PM
you promised you would never tell!!!
:(

Guy is too tall for it, needs to be sold on. Had to buy it in yellow as its the only way he can pull the women lol.

soddy
19-04-2016, 01:45 AM
There are a few more Soddy! Just been tucked away. Ed had a green one in Southern Ireland. Haven't seen or heard from him in years...... I know of another green one but the owner can come in here when he's ready.

I'm looking at a purple manual car in the north that hasn't seen the road in 12 years or so. Plastic rappings are still on the sills and othe places...Gcon has or had his facelift car. There was a white one with a body kit of some kind. I know of a grey car similar color to my Diablo. There is a really "SLOW" yellow thing too. Guy is too tall for it, needs to be sold on. Had to buy it in yellow as its the only way he can pull the women lol.

Well there you go, seem to be plenty hiding in N.Ireland then. There was also a red na1 about Lisburn been told, that was a while ago lol, might be the one Andrew told me about.

That slow yellow one must have lost a few cylinders and shrunk in the car wash lol. He must have something really nice to replace it, but he is keeping stumm....

Well plenty to choose from if I ever took the notion to get myself one. You are looking at a purple manual in N.Ireland or just servicing to get back on the road?

Pride
19-04-2016, 05:33 AM
A few NSXs coming through Ireland. Has anyone had any dealings over there?

Mark, did you really have to ask that question??? 😂😂

marknsx
19-04-2016, 06:53 AM
Sorry. I won't poke that nest again.

Sudesh
19-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Ask away! Non of the ones I know off are forsale. The purple manual I know off I was trying to buy but would put it away for a bit. At least till I'm a bit better. Your biggest market is import from Japan, then uk then N.I if your looking RHD cars. Not sure what other countries are RHD cars. Maybe Austerial?

NZNick
19-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Oz & NZ are RHD - not many cars over here though.
There is a red auto for sale in Oz at the moment - http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-NSX-2000/SSE-AD-3907000/?Cr=0
They sure are pricey in Oz!
Another auto - http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-NSX-1991/SSE-AD-3701153/?Cr=1

Sudesh
19-04-2016, 08:42 PM
I think my car went to OZ or NZ....But just can't remember.

nobby
19-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Dude
I think your car went to Norway/Scandi region
[
QUOTE=Sudesh;119416]I think my car went to OZ or NZ....But just can't remember.[/QUOTE]

Sudesh
19-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Ah right.......Least your brain working ok. I'll have it on file anyway just too much NSX stuff to go through.

nobby
19-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Pretty sure this is where you told me it went on sale.
No worries ...

Ah right.......Least your brain working ok. I'll have it on file anyway just too much NSX stuff to go through.