PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Bush Replacement - Where to get them ?

wixer
31-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Hi,
As I've started my winter suspension re-fresh project, can anyone enlighten me whether replacement bushes are available as individual parts ? It seems from looking at the various Honda parts sites, they come as part of the suspension arm assys. I haven't done a thorough search yet but any up front help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Kaz-kzukNA1
31-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Hi, Wix. Really busy at the moment so just a quick reply.
Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the OEM bushes are not sold separately and come as part of the upright, subframe, bracket, rod, etc.

There are aftermarket parts available but I would leave the front for now.
You have compliance pivot at the front with conical shape bush inside and it will move the entire mounted components any way unless you lock it.
This conical bush will also get tired and even drop the position a little so replacing other bushes without addressing the compliance pivot is not cost effective.
Replacing the tired bushes at the rear is much more effective.

You will need to be extremely careful when pressing out the existing bushes….

Kaz

wixer
31-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Hi Kaz,
Thanks for the reply. The front assy looks in better condition than the rear, fortunately, so just a clean up may well be the only thing required. Are you referring to the two piece vertical casting assy, that the front upper and lower arms forward mounts attach to ? Is this the compliance pivot ?

I was intending to drill out most of the existing bushes, rather than press them, or at least most of the bush, so at least weakening it before any pressing is required.

Cheers
Phil

Nick Graves
31-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Yup - it's the thing with the seized castor cup on the bottom of it!

britlude
31-10-2016, 09:30 PM
the ball joints are seperately available from various places... not looked into the other bushes, but they, in the overall scheme of things, are the easy bits!

wixer
01-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the replies so far guys. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.