PDA

View Full Version : Condenser

dcnsx
01-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi all.
I've been noticing a puddle of fluid under the front left of the car. I've been told this is normal if the aircon has been running. Although my last start up in the garage was with aircon off yet there was some fluid on the garage floor the next day?

cheers

britlude
01-02-2017, 09:54 PM
the air con drain is at the front inside corner of the passenger footwell, if the puddle is under there, it is indeed condensation off of the aircon rad

dcnsx
01-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Yeah it's in that area but it's quite alot, not talking a few drips here. Is that normal?

Kaz-kzukNA1
02-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Hi, Dave.
If you drove your NSX within the last few days in the wet condition with A/C set in Fresh mode, then yes, it’s very likely to be the moisture extracted from the outside air by the a/c evaporator before entering the cabin and it will be like big puddle if your garage floor doesn’t have any incline.

If you don’t have DIY air filter at the air inlet just below the windshield front cowl or never washed the a/c evaporator, by now, the evaporator is full of debris with mixture of leaves, dust, etc and these will trap the moisture resulting in water dripping over long period.

You will also see lots of condensation around the brake calliper body around this time of the year but the moisture from there will drip down to the inside of the wheel.

As long as the paddle is not like blue/green (coolant) or hint of light yellow/brown (brake fluid = CL hydraulic sys) colour, you are very likely to be fine. There is a 6way joints at the FL side of the front compartment for connecting brake pipes and CL Hyd line.

Kaz

dcnsx
02-02-2017, 06:08 PM
Hi, Dave.
If you drove your NSX within the last few days in the wet condition with A/C set in Fresh mode, then yes, it’s very likely to be the moisture extracted from the outside air by the a/c evaporator before entering the cabin and it will be like big puddle if your garage floor doesn’t have any incline.

If you don’t have DIY air filter at the air inlet just below the windshield front cowl or never washed the a/c evaporator, by now, the evaporator is full of debris with mixture of leaves, dust, etc and these will trap the moisture resulting in water dripping over long period.

You will also see lots of condensation around the brake calliper body around this time of the year but the moisture from there will drip down to the inside of the wheel.

As long as the paddle is not like blue/green (coolant) or hint of light yellow/brown (brake fluid = CL hydraulic sys) colour, you are very likely to be fine. There is a 6way joints at the FL side of the front compartment for connecting brake pipes and CL Hyd line.

Kaz
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check it over this weekend and see what I can find. The fluid is clear with no smell. I was aware it can drip down but just wasn't sure about how much!

Nick Graves
02-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Humid air.

Mine always takes a small piss on the garage floor. Like a puppy...

dcnsx
02-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Could well be Nick. It was a damp day when I warmed it up