PDA

View Full Version : My car is back to full health.👍😎🎉

Pride
09-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Well I'm pleased to say that at last I got to replacing my twin plate OEM clutch assy including new release fork, thrust bearing guide along with release bearing and all coated in the very expensive eurea grease and what a fantastic result.
The cluctch pedal feels so so light under foot and the grip, well, it just makes me wish I had done it a couple of years ago.
If your clutch pedal is either heavy or starting to bite at the top of its travel then I strongly recommend changing it because it transforms the cars performance and character.
Yeomans NSX mechanic, Dominic, is very knowledgeable on the car and the best thing of all is when your car is over 20 years old the company halfs its normal labour rate charge to attract the older car. What a great idea.

At the same time I also got Yeomans Honda in Bognor to change the anti-freeze which was a bargain at £65 including labour listed on their computer be it a Jazz or an NSX it's all the same price and their NSX technician told me he must have used 6 or 7 litres doing the job.

They also replaced driveshaft oil seals as the gearbox was removed.

The small marks in the end of the clutch fork make all the difference for smooth operation when finished.

Again the same can be said about the release bearing guide marks.

The twin discs were less than a millimetre from the rivets touching the pressure plate and flywheel, now that's what you call making use of every last drop of cluctch material.

Part number for the clutch I used.

I picked the car up early Saturday morning and decided to call in at Goodwood circuit to see what was going on. It was a Harwoods test drive day with an open circuit.

Pride
09-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Within 10 mins of getting there I found myself strapped into the passenger seat of a Jag track car being driven by a professional race driver prepared to show me just how fast this car is compared to GT3's, Ferrari's and other track day cars that were flying around the circuit, in fact in the 4 ultra fast laps I had in it he'd lapped all of the cars on the circuit we went out with, what an experience that was.

I also got to drive 2 Astons and then a thrash round the track in my NSX (which only just passed the exhaust noise limit test, after a slight adjustment to the microphone distance) and I've got to say I much prefer my car to those beasts.

12939 12940 12941 12942

I also made sure I didn't go hell for leather as I didn't want to compromise running my new clutch kit in but it did fell good even if most cars did over take me.

All in all a great day though.😎👍

goldnsx
09-04-2017, 07:22 PM
I'm glad you like your new clutch.

I already have 2000 km on my new clutch. So far so good. For the first 1000 km I've babied it and even then it smelt a little bit like burnt fish. But that's what every clutch has to go through. After 2000 km I think it will sustain sportive driving. Just take it easy on your new clutch. :)

UnhuZ
09-04-2017, 11:40 PM
Pride,

what did you do with your old clutch disks?
can you check if the 4 springs in the center of
each disk is tight or lose?

i will rebuild the OEM disks with CF pads but the
spare used disks i have here have those springs
slightly lose.

THanks,
Nuno

goldnsx
10-04-2017, 06:20 AM
I'd go with new clutch discs. As you know the spring cages weaken over time. Not worth the risk IMO.

Pride
10-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Hi Nuno, there is a small amount of movement in some of the lateral springs but if you want me to post them out to you I don't mind as I'm only going to throw them away anyway.

PM me if interested, you'll just need to pay the carriage that's all.

UnhuZ
10-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Hi,

Thomas, i will install CF pads on a set of used disks... 3 local owners
already did that and it is amazing... and the cost...well... way cheaper than
anything else.

I think those guys change the springs, but i really am not sure about it.

Pride, i tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.. check the postage cost
to Portugal and i'll paypal it to you.

Thanks,
Nuno

goldnsx
10-04-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure why the spring cages burst, material fatique? It's a weak point to address for sure.

Pride
11-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Hi,

Thomas, i will install CF pads on a set of used disks... 3 local owners
already did that and it is amazing... and the cost...well... way cheaper than
anything else.

I think those guys change the springs, but i really am not sure about it.

Pride, i tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full.. check the postage cost
to Portugal and i'll paypal it to you.

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno, PM sent

UnhuZ
11-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Hi,

weird... i didn't receive yours... i received from Thomas, but not from you.

Nuno

Pride
12-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Hi,

weird... i didn't receive yours... i received from Thomas, but not from you.

Nuno

Nuno I've sent you another pm, let me know on here if you received it or not.
cheers

UnhuZ
12-04-2017, 05:10 PM
replied ;)