PDA

View Full Version : One less NSX!

Trident
13-05-2017, 10:48 AM
It's incredible what damage you can sustain just by sitting in traffic!!

Trident
13-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Oops! Didn't mean to post under 2nd Gen NSX

[Kaz-kzukNA1: moved the entire thread to 1st Gen for you.]

goldnsx
13-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Ouch! Sorry to see. From what I see it doesn't seem to be a structural damage. Hood, bumper face and headlight covers...

havoc
13-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Ouch...chap behind you or a really careless idiot behind him?

Shouldn't be a write-off though, as that doesn't look structural. Still a major PITA for you...good luck with getting it sorted.

Trident
13-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Old lady two cars back didn't seem to brake at all. Not structural but plenty of damage back and front. Current estimate for parts without labour is £24,000 !!!

goldnsx
13-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Crazy OEM prices, I know. Even the fitment of my new rear fender wasn't great at first regarding its high price - it was a shame.
I've some 'as new' front parts here I'd let go for a fraction of their new price. Just let me know.

havoc
13-05-2017, 03:02 PM
£24k? You've gotta be kidding me. Front and rear bumper assemblies, bonnet, headlamp covers (lamps OK?), probably front top cross-member, water bottle and possibly radiator too. Looking at the pic the boot floor and back-boxes of the exhaust might have taken a hit too. But even at HUK prices I'd struggle to top £12k there.

What am I missing?!?

Trident
13-05-2017, 07:48 PM
I will find out on Monday why the costs seem so high and report back.

drmikey
13-05-2017, 08:48 PM
You have a lot of control over what your options are - dont let the insurance dictate - and dont let them write it off. You can ask to source used parts to bring the costs down for example.

goldnsx
13-05-2017, 09:19 PM
You might have an option that the insurance pays you off while you keep the car. With the money you get from them it's up to you how you fix the car. Of course, the body shop is trying to raise the budget as the insurance pays. If you deal with them directly (without the insurance paying the bodyshop) you get the same job done but at a lower price tag. The only problem is when the body shop is trying to cheat on you with the total repair costs resulting higher than expected or they try to screw you. But if you don't trust the body shop that's a different aspect...it should be one that has knowledge on how to work with aluminium.

Small story: when my rear was bumped by someone his insurance had to pay the repair (about 10k). My body shop then tried to get another 500 quids out of me with trying to convince me that they had more hours than they were paid by the insurance company. Well, I refused to pay, mainly because the 10k bill filled a very calm period in their shop (January) and they still had their people to pay and find work for them (I gave them the car and told them to repair it whenever they want until spring). The other reason I refused was that I didn't get an advantage out of getting crashed at all.

Hagasan
13-05-2017, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=drmikey;123785]You have a lot of control over what your options are - dont let the insurance dictate - and dont let them write it off. You can ask to source used parts to bring the costs down for example.[/QUOTE

And if the insurance company try to steer you towards any approved repairer don't fall for that. You can 100% dictate where you want it fixed. It's your choice completely, not the insurance company..

Senninha
14-05-2017, 11:30 AM
I didn't see any comments about yourself, genuinely hoping you are ok ...

Sudesh
14-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Agree with Seeninaha than of the car..... Wishing you all the best & if anyone was in the motor, hope they the same.

Nick Graves
14-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Likewise.

And best of luck getting it sorted.

There are a couple of people here who've had body shops turn tatty Cat Ds into nice looking cars - hopefully they'll be along to point you in the right direction.

And a nice chap across the pond, who might help you with second hand panels.

NSXs seem pretty tough, so hopefully it's mainly a bolt-and-align exercise.

Trident
15-05-2017, 10:10 PM
Good progress today as I saw the car with all the damaged bits removed front and back. I have more hope of it being repaired at a reasonable cost now so feeling better. I had a bit of a back strain after the crash and hit my head on the roof. Am having physio soon just in case.

nobby
16-05-2017, 11:22 AM
as above

hope you are OK,that's the man thing.

some good pointers re handling insurance but seems you are getting to grips with it now which is good

crazy what damage can be done so easily

Senninha
17-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Hi Trident, great to see the positive change to thread title, hope all works out ...

Reach out to NSXCB and Hagasan for possible local parts, and look to (Adnan?) who bought all the stock from Dirk last year ...

HTH, rgds Paul

NSXGB
17-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Hi Trident, great to see the positive change to thread title, hope all works out ...

Reach out to NSXCB and Hagasan for possible local parts, and look to (Adnan?) who bought all the stock from Dirk last year ...

HTH, rgds Paul

Christian of ATR bought all of Dirks spares and has a lot more new parts for sale too. He is a vendor on this forum.