PDA

View Full Version : Soft brake pedal,Master cylinder fault?

pralognan
09-07-2017, 01:13 PM
1991 UK spec auto.64,000 miles.
I've bled the brakes,no leaks of brake fluid visible.
Good emergency stops,ABS activates normally.
The functional test in the manual 19-14
"with engine stopped,depress pedal several times,then depress hard and hold for 15 seconds,if pedal sinks
the master cylinder,brake line or a brake caliper is faulty"
It sinks....
Anything else occur to anyone,or just a new master cylinder. Any good advice about supplier?

NSXGB
09-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Rock auto sells remanufactured master cylinders and seal kits. I believe britlude went down that route and was happy.

britlude
09-07-2017, 07:51 PM
indeed i did get mine from rockauto, a wholesale closeout offer too, and as far as i could tell it was a new and EXACTLY the same as the one i took off the car, complete with the reservoir and cap, and the same even down to the same casting flash!!!

i am also let to believe they are the same as a prelude too, but don't quote me on that!

rockauto are currently listing new from £91 plus shipping and taxes!

pralognan
09-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Thanks for your replies. Some interesting prices. Lings OEM £727,Amayama OEM £217,Rockauto OEM remanufactured/no reservoir £71,Rockauto aftermarket £91. What do you think? Don't say Lings!

goldnsx
10-07-2017, 08:34 AM
That OEM price is really crazy.

I've seen several leaking master brake cylinders in the past. A failure is not unusual after 25 years (in any car).

pralognan
10-07-2017, 09:01 AM
After reading some more on prime and sleeping on it I've decided on OEM from Amayama. Can't understand Honda UK policy. Do they ever sell anything?

Pride
10-07-2017, 09:10 AM
After reading some more on prime and sleeping on it I've decided on OEM from Amayama. Can't understand Honda UK policy. Do they ever sell anything?

Any chance of sharing the hyper link please prolognan??

pralognan
10-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Pride, sorry I'm useless at this stuff.I've no idea what a "hyper link" is.

Pride
10-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Pride, sorry I'm useless at this stuff.I've no idea what a "hyper link" is.

The website link to find the product you bought.

This forum page link is:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?14791-Soft-brake-pedal-Master-cylinder-fault

Nick Graves
10-07-2017, 10:57 AM
[URL ] Copy & paste website address in here [ /URL] (without the superfluous spaces) and you get a clickable hyperlink so people can see where you're looking.

pralognan
10-07-2017, 11:17 AM
amayama.com

goldnsx
10-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Can't understand Honda UK policy. Do they ever sell anything?
Not sure if it's Honda UK or Honda Europe or even Honda Japan. Their short term thinking will bite them in the a.. in the near future. They're about too loose any credibility with such a silly pricing.
At least their stuff works unlike the nazi stuff which is built to fail just right after the expiration of the warranty.

NSXGB
10-07-2017, 01:11 PM
@prolognan - Have you ordered from Amayama before? Would be interested in any feedback on their service and shipping costs, etc.

NSXGB
10-07-2017, 01:13 PM
The website link to find the product you bought.

This forum page link is:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?14791-Soft-brake-pedal-Master-cylinder-fault

The above is a web address or URL, not a hyper link.

A hyper link is the button or text which allows you to click and reference somewhere \ something (like a web site).

pralognan
10-07-2017, 02:03 PM
I'll update when the master cylinder arrives. Sorry "URL-hyper link" all beyond me.

britlude
10-07-2017, 05:12 PM
be good to get feedback on another supplier.... 'isicar' is another to add to the list

mwagner10702
10-07-2017, 05:43 PM
@prolognan - Have you ordered from Amayama before? Would be interested in any feedback on their service and shipping costs, etc.

@NSXGB - I've ordered from Amayama about a dozen times and have been very happy with their response times, pricing and shipping charges (I'm in the States). I primarily use them for those parts that are NLA in the US, but also when their prices are lower than US Acura dealers (even accounting for shipping).

NSXGB
10-07-2017, 09:18 PM
@NSXGB - I've ordered from Amayama about a dozen times and have been very happy with their response times, pricing and shipping charges (I'm in the States). I primarily use them for those parts that are NLA in the US, but also when their prices are lower than US Acura dealers (even accounting for shipping).

Many thanks. Good to know.

I have also used Isicar, JPCarparts and Marc Perez a few times now...all good so far! Amayamas prices look very keen though so will bare them in mind for next time.

Ozmondo
17-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Many thanks. Good to know.

I have also used Isicar, JPCarparts and Marc Perez a few times now...all good so far! Amayamas prices look very keen though so will bare them in mind for next time.

+1 for Marc Perez top bloke,

pralognan
24-07-2017, 11:07 AM
master cylinder arrived safely today. It sat 3 days in customs at Coventry! Good packing

pralognan
24-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Forgot to mention shipping cost,£25.