PDA

View Full Version : Crazymixedupkid... calling Cravymixedup kid!

britlude
30-08-2017, 05:04 PM
@CrazyMixedupKid... your inbox is full!

try a early 90's abs pump, i'm sure it was mentioned they are the same pump....

lotusolly
30-08-2017, 06:36 PM
I don't know the origins to this thread but I did have to replace the pump on my ABS unit. Late 80's early 90's CRX's and Preludes used the same pump although the plug might be different on the end of the wire and you may need to swap it. The bonus is they are plentiful and cheap in comparison with asking for one for an NSX!
I sourced mine through the CRX forum and within a couple of hours of making a request, I had the offer of several units and think at the bargain price of £25. :)

Hope that helps

Olly

britlude
30-08-2017, 09:12 PM
ta muchly... the pm discussion was re. abs accumulator/abs pump issues.. looking more likely to be the actual pump......

lotusolly
30-08-2017, 09:29 PM
ta muchly... the pm discussion was re. abs accumulator/abs pump issues.. looking more likely to be the actual pump......
I had only asked for a pump but when it came through the guy had actually sent the complete assembly. The unit looked to be the same design as the NSX and the accumulator may be the same as ours too, as its only a vessel I would have thought it had a wide range of use. I'm guessing the modulator would be set for a different balance and thought the accumulator to be a bit of a perishable and probably best to replace with new rather than used. I disposed of the bits I didn't need so haven't got anything I could check for you now, sorry.
My car had not been used for about 6 months while having the bodywork refreshed and when it came back it was suffering from the sticky solenoids issue. I tried flushing them but it became apparent I wasn't getting the pressure and realised with a bit of help from Kaz that the pump had failed, if that sounds familiar to your problem?

Olly

britlude
30-08-2017, 09:42 PM
sounds like the issue CrazyMixedUpKid is having, unable to re-pressurise after solenoid flush....