PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R diff oil change intervals?

goldnsx
24-09-2017, 07:24 PM
The NSX-R diff seems to ask for more additives in the MTF than the standard diff. After 4k miles the diff started to slightly acting up when I drove a sharp turn out the parking space. Time for a change. Does it need to be changed with the NSX-R diff more often? Anyone with experience with the NSX-R diff?

drmikey
24-09-2017, 07:51 PM
AFAIK, the NSXR diff is the identical helical diff as fitted to all NSXs. Maybe the ratios account for different service.

Just use OEM Honda MTF

goldnsx
24-09-2017, 08:34 PM
The NSX-R in my 91 is a clutch type diff, not sure about the later years.

I'll fill in MTF in the tranny tomorrow and hope to last it a little bit longer. Some people have brought up the idea of Motul gear 300 LS 75W/90 or even a mixture of both. Not sure what to think about it...

drmikey
25-09-2017, 02:04 AM
Ah, its an aftermarket LSD then?

Do you know which make?

Yes plated diffs need different oil. I would recommend Kaaz diff oil. Ive use that on all my plated diffs and works very well.

goldnsx
25-09-2017, 06:55 AM
I've the NSX-R with the stiffer setting.

The MTF works good but not that long. I'm looking for one holding longer without major disadvantages. MTF is very thin. During gear changes I can clearly hear the synchros whining shortly which is a good sign.

EDIT: MTF changed, near to none abrasive particles in the oil and filter, very clear fluid. After a short test drive all is fine again. Let's see how long it takes...maybe I was a little bit too encouraged after my gearbox rebuilt and wanted to have fun with the stiffer diff...:)