PDA

View Full Version : Oh I have missed this Forum

mutley
18-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Hi All,

Just thought i'd check in as it feels like years since I last posted on this forum!

My car is still alive and well, AS am I!!, although I am still country hoping around the world! (Got back from Slovakia to be told don't bother unpacking and I am now in Abu Dhabi until December).

My plan to get some summer work done on my car failed, but I am hoping to get it ready for some events next year (yes, I seem to say this every year with little success), however I am 90% happy with the interior and 100% happy with the engine now, other than a bit of a clean up.

My next stage is to finally get to work on the cosmetics of the body work and a full re-spray, Honestly guys, you'd cry if you seen the state of the paint on my car now.

Fingers crossed I'll get back to posting photos on the refresh thread and see you all at some upcoming events..

Cheers

Jim

NSX 2000
18-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Good to here you are alive and kicking Jim! Can I ask why you are in Abu Dhabi, I didn't know we had any presence out there. (understand if you can't say).

I was up in Bonny Scotland the other week on a Whiskey educational tour, luckily I wasn't driving.

Paul.

mutley
18-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Hi Paul,

Believe it or not , but we have a permanent detachment near Dubai, and we still have a footprint in a few Middle East countries (Not just UK, NATO and allies) but I am only out here for a couple of months, its an annual multi-nation exercise.

Now then a whisky tour did you say? I am fond of a single malt or 50! (Islay malts are my flavour, the peatier and smokier the better for me, but I know that's not everyones taste).

Cheers,
Jim

Papalazarou
18-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Hi Jim,

I've been away fron the forum for a while too. It's good to be back though. I'm also looking forward to doing some events next year. It'll be interesting to see all the things you done to your car. Are you keeping it the same colour?

Cheers,

James.

WhyOne?
19-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Goodness!

Its just like the olden days!!!!

Good to hear from you Jim and pleased that all is well with you an the car.

Papalazarou
19-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Goodness!

Its just like the olden days!!!!

Good to hear from you Jim and pleased that all is well with you an the car.

I know! And I love nostalgia �� Roll on 2018. Except I'll be 45! Damn.

goldtop
20-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Another one back (although I've been lurking every few months). Just this lunchtime picked up my '93 silver, it having been recommissioned after 2.something years in storage. K2NSX - which is wearing Jim's old wheels - feels very strange after cruising around in an LS400 for those years.

Haven't had much reason to contribute since selling the green targa. But plan to use the NSX as the daily for a while.

> Except I'll be 45! Damn.

Oi! Stop with the humble-bragging. ;)

Nick Graves
20-10-2017, 02:51 PM
I know! And I love nostalgia �� Roll on 2018. Except I'll be 45! Damn.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be...

Welcome back, James!

mutley
21-10-2017, 06:02 AM
Ahhh its almost as if the "old gang" are getting back together, I feel a reunion coming on!!

James, good to see you back too, I don't think you could stay away from the NSX life very long. As for my respray, I think I have settles on going a little darker from Sebring and I think Silverstone Silver will be the way to go (I pondered going Kaiser, but I don't think there is that much in it).

Goldtop, Glad my wheels are getting some good use.

When I get home, I just need to find a "friendly" MoT garage, and then I'll be back on the road legally

Cheers
Jim

goldtop
22-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Friendly MOT = no cats? The car storage place I used has its own MOT centre, and they've got mine through two MOTs now.

Had a short drive out this morning. First time in an NSX for about two years. First thing: blimey - unassisted steering! Second thing: keep getting a bit of the left-foot rest when pushing the clutch. Have my feet got fatter or is my aim worse? :rolleyes:

Some whining in first gear (only when moving), which I don't recall from before it went into storage. Perhaps something in the clutch is playing up after a long period in one position?

And what feels like more engine vibration at rest (new engine mounts perhaps?). All this seems very obvious after wafting around in the Lexus (although that's 17 years old, too). But all fluids and temps and pressures are fine, and it was nice to find some quiet B roads again.

goldnsx
22-10-2017, 04:45 PM
keep getting a bit of the left-foot rest when pushing the clutch.
Same here. The pedallerie is a little bit OFF compared to other cars.

engine vibration
I've had this last spring after 3-4 months not being able to let it run -> injectors.

goldtop
23-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Same here. The pedallerie is a little bit OFF compared to other cars.

I've had this last spring after 3-4 months not being able to let it run -> injectors.

You detected a misfire at idle? Not sure what a misfire sounds/feels like. Did you replace/clean the injectors?

I've got some 'daintier' shoes than the ones I was wearing, so I'll try those! :)

goldnsx
23-10-2017, 11:15 AM
A misfire feels like more vibration at certain rpms. After my clutch/gearbox job I had 1000 causes going through my mind when I started the engine after 4 months of repair time and feeling the shudder. It went away soon but is a warning that injectors don't like like to be sitting unused for that long. A friend of mine had it even more pronounced after 6 months of storage.

So it's not a bad idea to start it once a month during storage time and let it idle for 15 minutes to get things up to temps and all the condensation out of the exhaust.

Charlee Chaplin finny shoes won't match the pedallerie of the NSX. :D

Papalazarou
23-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks Nick. Good to be back. Amazing to see the so many members still posting from 10-12 years back!
Jim, silverstone's a great colour. Really classy. I neatly bought that colour in Japan. But went for boring black ;-)

Cheers.

mutley
27-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks all, it does feel lie a long time, but on the other hand like I have never been away!

I can't believe I have been on this forum over 10 yrs!!!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the forums, and back into my car

Cheers
Jim

Nick Graves
27-10-2017, 04:56 PM
I drove the S2000 for the first time after using the NSX repeatedly.

Kept missing the accelerator when H&T and wondering why its pedals were so widely-spaced. They're not...