PDA

View Full Version : What’s this years insurance costs like?

jamieburke
13-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Hi guys!

What are you paying for na1 1991 insurance this year and at what £ value for the car?

And is anyone running a classic policy?

I’d love to hear, mine renews soon and not sure whether to ring around or go with who I’m with!

Jamie

Pride
13-03-2018, 06:28 PM
Hi guys!

What are you paying for na1 1991 insurance this year and at what £ value for the car?

And is anyone running a classic policy?

I’d love to hear, mine renews soon and not sure whether to ring around or go with who I’m with!

Jamie

Hi Jamie, my NA1 is a 92 and I'm with Classic Line.
My third year with them and they also allow a second non classic car to be added on a separate policy.
GREAT VALUE as you can see.

Stated MileageVehicle ValuePrice

HONDA NSXInsured Fully Comprehensive
3000 miles p/a
Value £40000
Premium £190.12
Includes Legal Cover & UK & Euro Breakdown cover

Track Day & Rally Covers Available.

jamieburke
14-03-2018, 04:44 PM
My man!

I called them today got a terrific quote and went for it- thank you!

Have you any experience of how they handle claims?

thanks again!

jamie

Pride
14-03-2018, 05:14 PM
My man!

I called them today got a terrific quote and went for it- thank you!

Have you any experience of how they handle claims?

thanks again!

jamie

The reviews they get for dealing with claims are very good, but having never made a claim I can't speak personally.

But as you can tell when you speak on the phone to them they come across very well, seeming to be very customer focused, efficient and very friendly as well as great value.

Don't forget you owe me a pint, all the best Clive.:)

dcnsx
14-03-2018, 06:13 PM
It’s my second year with Classicline. Same mileage allowance and same agreed valuation as last year but my premium went up by £15.

NSX100
24-03-2018, 10:25 AM
It’s my second year with Classicline. Same mileage allowance and same agreed valuation as last year but my premium went up by £15.

My renewal from CL has just come in - same as last year but at £470 for £60,000 valuation and 5,000 miles in Aberdeenshire seems a bit steep compared with other comments. Or maybe I should check with the meerkats just to see.....

NSX100
27-03-2018, 08:48 AM
My renewal from CL has just come in - same as last year but at £470 for £60,000 valuation and 5,000 miles in Aberdeenshire seems a bit steep compared with other comments. Or maybe I should check with the meerkats just to see.....

After discussion with CL, I have just renewed with a 3,000 mile limit for £390. There were only 2 "quotes" via the meerkats less than this, one company I had never heard of and the other at £260 so on balance and given what is included I opted to continue with CL.

dcnsx
27-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Don’t cancel it as they will rob you blind. I’ve just had to cancel mine, after 121 days and a premium of £422 I’m only getting back £79 after charges. Awful.

Pride
27-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Don’t cancel it as they will rob you blind. I’ve just had to cancel mine, after 121 days and a premium of £422 I’m only getting back £79 after charges. Awful.

You might of been better to have crashed it then and sold for spares.😂

dcnsx
27-03-2018, 05:26 PM
You might of been better to have crashed it then and sold for spares.

Stupid boy Pike!

Shawnsx5
15-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Just had to renew my insurance cover, I found the Footman James proposal the best overall value using their car collection policy, no limits on mileage across the collection and includes the usual stuff like european cover for 90 days. Option of guaranteed value with submission of photos. Sensible excess levels no compulsory requirement for trackers to be fitted, but discounts if they are. So with 2 daily drivers, one with business use cover, and a 6 car collection including the NSX-R the cost is just over £200/car, which I think is great value and certainly beat my previous insurer and the others I tried by quite a big margin.

Pride
15-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Considering your rare and valuable car collection Shawn I think that an absolute bargain.👍

ianhb
03-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I never realised this, an interesting fact from "Honest John" on Telegraph website. OK if you have more than one car, but if it is your only car and circumstances need you to change to a modern car ???

Why don't classic insurance policies accrue no-claims discounts?
Until recently I have driven exclusively on classic car insurance. Despite never claiming, I have accrued no NCD, as these are not a feature of classic policies. That seemed a reasonable trade-off for the low premiums compared to conventional car insurance. But when I came to insure a modern car last year, I was dismayed that no insurer would give me any NCD, even though they can verify my (no) claims history via their database. Does that strike you as unfair? They can't even argue that my past mileage has been too low, as all my classic policies have either been unlimited or with a high agreed limit.

Asked on 31 May 2018 by Adrian Pettet

https://images.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/pad/120x120/media/12061154/tim-kelly-copy.jpg Answered by Tim Kelly (https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/profiles/tim-kelly/)

Yes, it strikes me as unfair. They have all your claims history on their underwriting database. Unfortunately, we have to play by their rules, not ours. Perhaps look at insuring your modern car in an alternative way? Telematics box? Limited mileage?If you're retired, make sure it does not have "to and from a place of work" as this will reduce it dramatically. Use a good broker and not just price comparison sites.

Shawnsx5
04-06-2018, 05:31 AM
Well my previous insurer Heritage allowed up to 12 years NCD on each car classic or otherwise and Footman James allows up to 5 years I believe.

I never realised this, an interesting fact from "Honest John" on Telegraph website. OK if you have more than one car, but if it is your only car and circumstances need you to change to a modern car ???

Why don't classic insurance policies accrue no-claims discounts?

Until recently I have driven exclusively on classic car insurance. Despite never claiming, I have accrued no NCD, as these are not a feature of classic policies. That seemed a reasonable trade-off for the low premiums compared to conventional car insurance. But when I came to insure a modern car last year, I was dismayed that no insurer would give me any NCD, even though they can verify my (no) claims history via their database. Does that strike you as unfair? They can't even argue that my past mileage has been too low, as all my classic policies have either been unlimited or with a high agreed limit.

Asked on 31 May 2018 by Adrian Pettet

https://images.honestjohn.co.uk/imagecache/file/pad/120x120/media/12061154/tim-kelly-copy.jpg Answered by Tim Kelly (https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/profiles/tim-kelly/)

Yes, it strikes me as unfair. They have all your claims history on their underwriting database. Unfortunately, we have to play by their rules, not ours. Perhaps look at insuring your modern car in an alternative way? Telematics box? Limited mileage?If you're retired, make sure it does not have "to and from a place of work" as this will reduce it dramatically. Use a good broker and not just price comparison sites.