PDA

View Full Version : NSX article on Speedhunters

exiges1
31-07-2018, 08:51 AM
http://www.speedhunters.com/2018/07/when-nsxs-gather-in-the-shadow-of-mt-fuji/

Could only see one gen2 in the pics so I’ll put this here. Love the variety of colours and mods, each car personalised to some extent. I expect Kaz and Kay_P have fond memories of this drive.

The author has his own project NSX - he aims to achieve 996GT3 performance, surely a backward step!!

Heineken
31-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Nice to see that parking space again :)

On that particular day 2015-07-18 we were also hoping for some other car clubs to show up but the road was completely empty and heavy rain greeted us at the top.
Nevertheless a nice thing to remember :D

havoc
05-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Good find. There's a lot of love on Speedhunters for the NSX.

Senninha
05-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Dear Heineken,

May I just say what a lovely example of our beloved NSX you have. May it give you miles and years of pleasure.

regards, Paul

nobby
06-08-2018, 12:50 PM
great article, would have been green to be a part off!

last 2 para's summed it up for me perfectly ... a concept that needs to be brought over this side of the globe!

britlude
06-08-2018, 04:37 PM
As I was cruising on the highway back to Tokyo amongst new and old friends, I was reflecting on that fact that even at the peak of the country’s oppressive summer, owners are continuing to modify and drive these cars as their maker intended. It really blows my mind when I see people fussing over low odometer readings on so called ‘modern Japanese classics’ like the NSX, GT-R or Supra.

You’re never going to be sitting on your rocking chair reminiscing about how low you kept the mileage on that old four-wheeled contraption back in the day. I guarantee, however, that you will be thinking about how good those sticky summer days were chasing your friends through your favourite back road.

Get out and drive, people!

some of us do :)

Pride
06-08-2018, 04:58 PM
some of us do:)

Exactly, any excuse to open it up.
In fact I think I’m nearly up to my 6000 mile insurance limit already with 3 months still to go.
Definitly no garage queen.

Heineken
11-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Dear Heineken,

May I just say what a lovely example of our beloved NSX you have. May it give you miles and years of pleasure.

regards, Paul

Thank your very much, I'll do my best .. *blush*