PDA

View Full Version : Drop Links

mart155
23-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know of a good quality alternative to the Honda drop links at £162 each.
I know OEM spares are expensive for the NSX but that seems a ridiculous amount of money for a drop link.

Kaz-kzukNA1
23-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Don't know Fr/Rr/Right/Left but depending on which corner you want, you can find them on Rockauto, amazon UK/US, etc.
I think some owners used Moog in the past???
Never installed Moog one by myself so can't comment on the quality.

Kaz

wixer
23-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Just ordered one for the front of my car, if that's what you're after. From Amayama, here

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/51320sl0003

£65, plus delivery and import but I still find it's cheaper that buying from the UK.

PeterW
23-04-2019, 06:49 PM
I've got Moogs from RockAuto on the back of my car. Installed a couple of years ago. They seem to be OK.
Peter

mart155
24-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys for your help, I have ordered them from RockAuto.
Lets hope they don't get held up in customs.

goldnsx
24-04-2019, 05:32 PM
I think the last time I've ordered from RockAuto there was an option to prepay the customs and fees so they won't rip me off a second time at the border. Of course, the prepayment was less than what I had to expect the other way.

britlude
24-04-2019, 07:08 PM
If they charged you vat at checkout they will come straight to your door ��

mart155
29-04-2019, 10:33 AM
They did so that is good news, thanks Jonathan.

m666 edd
20-05-2019, 10:05 AM
A little but probably not comparable feedback - I have moog front drop links, purely because I cut one of my OEM ones off because I couldn't undo the nut due to rust - Not knowing at the time they cost over £200 each! I wanted to change the position of the drop link in my 1" anti roll bar (thicker than standard) and move it to a stiffer position, whilst softening the rear to reduce oversteer a little. One of mine is already failing and after a very short period of time. I'm not sure this is a fair reflection of the quality because I have 800 lbs/in front springs and the thick anti roll bar set very stiff (perhaps too stiff as on uneven ground a front wheel becomes airborne).

I'll probably buy a set of cedar ridge drop links as they would be more suitable to my suspension modifications (they're adjustable) and perhaps soften the front anti roll bar a bit.

mart155
20-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback. They did seem pretty good and my ARB is stock, but I will keep an eye on them.
I also had to cut my old ones off, no way they were coming undone.

austrian type-r
23-05-2019, 04:43 AM
10 Euro per piece in nice used condition + shipping. No custom fees, cause I ship from Austria. my site on FB: https://www.facebook.com/atrnsx/

I stock more than 6500 new oem NSX parts (about 900 severals) and countless used parts from 25+ wrecked NSX

thanks
Christian

m666 edd
02-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Upon closer inspection - The "good" news about my moog drop links (despite looking very rusty already) is that bolt in the lower control arm's nut had back off a bit causing it to rattle. I presume this is because the nut isn't a nyloc nut like the originals? Unless I didn't torque it correctly but I do specifically remember torquing them - Perhaps the usual torque figure doesn't apply.