PDA

View Full Version : Slightly Odd Article

WhyOne?
05-09-2023, 08:11 PM
Who are these NSX owners who got the hump and agreed to fix prices?!

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/opinion/how-honda-nsx-owners-got-their-revenge-on-badge-snobs/

sorepaws
06-09-2023, 11:48 AM
No idea who, typical journo click bait. There have been conversations about the value for insurance purposes but that is not "price fixing" as described in the article.

Papalazarou
06-09-2023, 12:52 PM
That’s so not the truth. Everyone knows that I single-handedly artificially inflated prices whilst the rest of you complain that your investments were overperforming, or that it wasn’t true. Oh how we laughed, but mostly grimaced.

NSX 2000
07-09-2023, 09:02 AM
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=honda+nsx

This makes interesting reading as it appears that at the end of 2005 there was 209 licensed NSX's but as of the begining of 2023 109 licensed and 146 on a SORN.

I'm assuming that HONDA NSX V6 AUTO are NC1 cars as the figures start in Q4 2016 when the first cars arrived in the UK.

mutley
07-09-2023, 10:10 AM
one of the SORN would have been mine ( back on the road now)

Ian_S
07-09-2023, 05:36 PM
typical "badge envy" type commentary. I had this for 20+ years under Skyline Nisssan's badge. In fact at one time Nissan came up with a great marketing slogan, but it was too risky for Nissan as it was a clear dig at Porsche and similar high end power/fast car competitors..."more balls than badge".

The problem is when you go the other extreme and people defend the brand to the extreme...again Skylines had shocking interiors but owners try to defend them, wrongly!

As least the NSX has a good balance of everything!

Nick Graves
22-09-2023, 02:47 PM
Adds padding to the word-count, I suppose...and everyone now knows Ayrton Senna didn't design the thing.

But what does rile me is that one hack makes something up and it eventually becomes an urban Legend because it's in writing.

Fortunately the internet has given lie to a lot of these concoctions, as people who were there at the time have subsequently written their recollection of events.

Papalazarou
22-09-2023, 03:18 PM
I wonder what the frustrating urban myth or often misquote is for the S2000? Is it the AP1 AP2 thing?

NZNick
22-09-2023, 11:58 PM
^ or perhaps the “lethal through a hedge backwards handling of early cars” ?

Heineken
23-09-2023, 06:36 AM
Sometimes it's the other way around, as well. My parents owned a Datsun 260 Z (2+2). At that time, everyone knew that a German designer was responsible for the look but it required the internet age to finally label it as a very weak connection and unravel all the information and rumours that led to that idea.