PDA

View Full Version : Home Page

duncan
26-05-2024, 06:42 PM
Good to see the site back up, my thanks to those who did the work to enable it . .

Tried clicking onto the Home Page Donnington link, got the the following
. .

duncan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

all of which may be correct, however the other links worked OK when clicked.

Kaz-kzukNA1
27-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Got the same result if not logged in.
Looks like the 'Read Access' was somehow modified from the default setting that should have allowed pretty much everyone except for the banned users.
Don't even know how it can be changed from the default or edit it after published.

Will ask the author to cut and paste the contents and re-create the same article using the default setting.

Kaz

NSXGB
27-05-2024, 06:53 PM
I thought the read access looked wrong and was unable to modify. I think the author should be able to do that...

sorepaws
03-06-2024, 12:38 PM
I created the origial event - but I am still denied access to it. I think this was reported earlier in the year and I created a second event entry

Kaz-kzukNA1
04-06-2024, 10:39 AM
If I understood correctly, then 2 different subjects.

Article:
Homepage, landing page, etc
Can only be created with certain account rights - most likely by admin (and possibly moderator) only.
They tend to create the Article by linking to a specific thread such as the event info.
There is a default template for access permission but don’t know how to change it after the article was published.

Thread:
Posts under forum (category) such as 'General NSX Discussion', 'NSX Technical', etc.
Can be created by any registered account and approved by the forum software.

So, the original thread that Mike created can be found under the forum [Events] / [2024 Events] and can be accessed by anyone here (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?16217-Donnington-Historic-4th-and-5th-May-2024).

The article at the homepage that was discussed here was created by Senninha and included the above link within the thread.
Don’t know how it can be done but the 'read access' of this article was changed from the default setting.
Only the specific account such as the admin and the moderator can open it.

Thus, many of us got the message as per duncan’s OP.

Senninha is aware of this so hope he can just cut & paste the contents into the default template and release it as a new article.

Kaz