PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Install

Martin
29-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Hello all,

I was thinking of installing a monitor in the NSX, possibly in a way similar to Darren's (before he completely stripped it out) but I think Darren is still on hols, so does anyone else know much about this, in the absence of one of our NSX resident experts...

i.e.

How much effort & £s are involved in making it look this well integrated, who to go to etc?

Cheers,
Martin

PS pic of Darren's attached

simonprelude
30-08-2006, 07:08 AM
The unit smiply clips over the vents and clock, as for wiring etc then not sure how difficult it is.

Places to get the unit would be SOS or Dali, or even Honda if you can find the part number, it is (or was) a standard option in Japan.

AR
30-08-2006, 08:04 AM
The unit smiply clips over the vents and clock, as for wiring etc then not sure how difficult it is.

Places to get the unit would be SOS or Dali, or even Honda if you can find the part number, it is (or was) a standard option in Japan.

Simon, in a conversation with Darren before, I was under the impression that two screws would need to go through the dash in order to secure the monitor.

AR

simonprelude
30-08-2006, 08:16 AM
OK possibly not good to do if you plan on removing it in the future, however I am sure there would be a way of fixing it without using screws.

DAVEMAT
30-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Correct, there are two screws at the back of the unit , it also replaces the original vents with smaller ones.
I have all the gear ready to fit mine now, but unfortunately it won't get done until the beggining of Oct when I return.
I'm sure Darren will give you whatever info you require, but i'll let you know how I get on, when it's eventually installed, if you're still considering it then.

Dave

Paul
30-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Good to see you're still in NSX ownership Martin.

I got the impression that, after Silverstone earlier this year, you were a bit concerned about the costs of fixing things after you got the engine management and tcs lights come up on the way home.

I can only hope things weren't too expensive to put right.

Ayrton
31-08-2006, 03:42 AM
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/display%5Fpod/

Martin
01-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

Hi Paul, yes still happily NSX-owning, didnt cost much to fix, but getting a bit concerned about my impending court case for speeding...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1306

coming up next week

Honestly, it is really getting me down at the moment.

Cheers,
Martin

ctrlaltdelboy
07-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi Martin

as has been stated above, the section with the clock and vents gets removed and the nav pod slots into that space and is secured with 2 screws/botls through the back of the unit into/through the dash.

because of the 'through the dash' aspect, this is pretty much a permanent mod.

my ICE-man has done a few NSX's including mine with mods like this and can supply and fit whatever you want in terms of screen/navigation etc.

talk to Ed at Sextons Southampton (http://www.sextons-southampton.co.uk/) on 02380 339396 - mention my name for super service ;)