PDA

View Full Version : NSX Development Steps

simonprelude
07-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Birth of the NSX
Mid-weight, mid-ship, rear-wheel drive Forward canopy design All-aluminum body results in 200kg weight reduction vs. steel body V6 DOHC VTEC engine delivers linear acceleration All-aluminum 4-wheel double-wishbone suspension Dif't. diameter front and rear tires TCS, 4ch ABS Electronic power steering Driver-side SRS airbag standard

Birth of the NSX-R
Further lightened by approx. 120kg Hard suspension tuning Custom Recaro full-bucket seats Custom Momo steering wheel Sculpted titanium shift knob Limited production to 1995

Manual transmission car equipped with electronic power steering Equipped with security system Equipped with passenger-side SRS airbag

Optional 45/40 tires with custom 16/17 inch wheels developed Stronger brake pads (GP pads) developed

DBW electronic throttle developed F-Matic manual-feel automatic transmission developed Torque-reactive pre-loaded LSD developed Twin-tread tires with superior anti-hydroplaning developed

Birth of the NSX-T
High-rigidity open-top body Roof design with a liberating feel Inside-rear-canopy roof storage system

3.2L engine for manual transmission version 6-speed manual transmission Strengthened gaskets, crankshaft pins, piston pins for 3.2L engine Stainless steel exhaust manifold (manual transmission version) Dual-mass flywheel (manual transmission version) Lighter, stronger aluminum body Front/rear brake rotors increased to 16 inches Stronger suspension (manual transmission version) Front lower skirt employed for improved aerodynamics Electronic power steering improved F-Matic shift control improved Heat blocking, UV cut glass employed Equipped with HID headlights Equipped with car navigation system BBS lightweight forged aluminum wheels (Custom Order Plan)

Birth of the NSX Type S
Weight reduced by some 4G?5kg Harder suspension settings Custom designed Recaro full-bucket seats Momo leather-wrapped steering wheel BBS lightweight forged aluminum wheels

Equipped with LEV engine Improved DBW electronic throttle Double-cone synchronizers used in 5th and 6th gears of manual transmission Improved automatic transmission shift management Improved ABS system Perforated leather used in interior; gather-less design HID headlights standard equipment (except Type S Zero)

Recognized by Japanese government as Excellent Low-Emissions Vehicle

New aerodynamic styling Increased tire and wheel sizes Fixed headlights Strengthened suspension (Type T)

The new NSX-R - the fruit of 12 years of passion and technological innovation, bringing man and machine closer together.

mcibuk
22-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Great Summary!

AR
22-11-2006, 01:33 PM
The new NSX-R - the fruit of 12 years of passion and technological innovation, bringing man and machine closer together.

So much better if they would have actually brought it over for general sales.

CrazyMixedUpKid
22-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I bought this a month or so ago ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NSX-Hondas-Supercar-Brian-Long/dp/1904788432

Got everything you could ever possibly want to know in it - including reprints of brochures etc

Just when you thought you couldn't bore your partners with any more NSX trivia - this gives you a whole new lease of life!

Very interesting section at the end detailing world wide sales figures broken down by country.

Worth getting I'd say - but shop around - I got a new one for £20.

AR
22-11-2006, 02:46 PM
I bought this a month or so ago ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NSX-Hondas-Supercar-Brian-Long/dp/1904788432

Got everything you could ever possibly want to know in it - including reprints of brochures etc

Just when you thought you couldn't bore your partners with any more NSX trivia - this gives you a whole new lease of life!

Very interesting section at the end detailing world wide sales figures broken down by country.

Worth getting I'd say - but shop around - I got a new one for £20.

I could not wait so I bought one a few months back for £ 39.99 and it was worth every penny.