PDA

View Full Version : McLaren F1 owner acquires NSX Type R

markc
26-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Chaps,

I attended the "Learn to Drift with Evo" event yesterday and whist chatting with one of their journos (Roger Green) learned a couple interesting bits of NSX related information.

Firstly, the NA2 Type-R did indeed make the Evo top ten best ever cars (it was an online vote) to be featured in their 100th edition and has recently been testing with the other greats in Yorkshire. Fusilov, sorry if you were sworn to secrecy but I wasn't :-)

Roger commented that the NSX-R is indeed a great car but they felt it only attains that final degree of greatness when pushed all the way to the limit... so it won't win BUT as the "best of the best" all these cars are winners anyway.

Secondly, the NA1 Type-R recently for sale in Scotland (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1812) has a new owner. The McLaren F1 owner know as "Flemke" on Pistonheads has apparently bought it. We discussed his Pistonheads posts regarding the suspension work (re-engineering) he was having done on his F1 and his repect and likeing for the NSX last year (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1241). Indeed I was lucky enough to bump into man and machine (his fabulous F1) at a filling station in Egham (Surrey) last year where he tried my, Type-S, seats for size. Seems he liked 'em enough to go get a whole car :-)

According to Roger, "Mr" Flemke plans to have the car re-painted from it's current Charlotte Green to Championship White and re-unite it with the correct wheels before it join his F1, and I suspect a few other very special vehicles, somewhere in Europe.

Who knows Mr Flemke might even join our little club and share the progress of his new NSX. He may even be lurking as I type?

Cheers

Mark

AR
26-11-2006, 06:17 PM
According to Roger, "Mr" Flemke plans to have the car re-painted from it's current Charlotte Green to Championship White and re-unite it with the correct wheels before it join his F1, and I suspect a few other very special vehicles, somewhere in Europe.

Cheers

Mark

Nice to hear that the car is gone to someone who will cherish it, and obviously knows a lot about good cars. The wheels that it will need according to the year will be the 7 spoke one in white or silver.

I prefer the type S as they are 2.2 pounds lighter or there abouts, but they retain the same suze tyres.

Cheers for the update Mark and let's hope he joins the board soon.

AR

fuzilov
27-11-2006, 09:56 AM
was not sworn to secrecy ,since evo shoot have had problems logging on.Spent 3 days with group including Mclaren,he took NSX-R on test drive and loved it,had amazing time with convoy everyday to shoot 15 mile trips on amazing country roads,nsx was devastating

markc
27-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a fantastic experience.... not jealous at all!

Did you get a ride in the F1 then? I'd almost be scared that it wouldn't match my expectations ie shatter my illlusions, but somehow I doubt it. :-)

Roger did sware me to secrecy regarding the rest of the top ten but I guessed 8 of them. Really looking forward to the mag.

Cheers

Mark

trackdemon
27-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Good to hear Flamke is adding Type-R to his collection, a very pragmatic petrolhead indeed with a penchant for Porsche (he has CGT, GT3, 959, 993tt I believe...) and a healthy disdain for all things Ferrari ;). Already owner of a standard 3.2 I believe.....
There's a brilliant thread on PH which Flemke has been kind enough to keep a close eye on and update when necessary entitled 'Is this Flemke's F1' or something similar.... worth a read.
Looking forward to next edition of EVO, I'm aware of most of the vehicle's in the feature and it should be terrific. I just hope it's not curtailed in the fashion that ECOTY PII appeared to be.... I want to read a mini-epic on that lot!

forumadmin
30-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Great how the NSXR makes top ten in Evo, but I don't understand how.

I mean, it must be possible to count the number of people that have driven one on one hand.

Papalazarou
30-11-2006, 08:07 PM
So what was the top ten?

Cheers,

James.

fuzilov
01-12-2006, 01:49 AM
all will be revealed in EVO 100th edition.......................

trackdemon
01-12-2006, 01:39 PM
I think:

ZONDA
MCLAREN F1
VEYRON
FERRARI 550
NSX-R
GT3
CARRERA GT
ELISE

markc
02-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Trackdemon,

The vote wasn't a completely free one, you had to pick at least one car from each category and no more than 3 from any one category.

The categories were something like... Supercars, Sportscars, Super Saloons, Hot Hatches.

Too many Supercars in your list.

We know that the Macca and NSX-R were 2 of the ten.

I can't remember all of my votes but I did go for...

Macca F1
288 GTO
NSX-R
Carrera 2.7RS
Integrale
Clio Williams
Lotus Elan S1
Lotus Carlton

Mark

Nick Graves
03-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Funny, the F1 & the NSX are the only supercars I really admire, these days.

Bloke's obviously got good taste!

TheQuietOne
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello,

I don't want to appear to be stalking 'Flemke' but it would be really nice to get his input on here, and his findings with 'that' Type-R...he seems such a straght-forward guy, and lets face it there isn't gonna be many more chances to add to the Type-R owners posting their experiences and opinions...

I really hope you register and post a hello Flemke!

If anyone is interested here is the pistonheads thread again...I feel bad for going off MCL F1 topic, but you can't PM on Pistonheads!

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?p=107&f=23&t=226933&h=0

Cheers, Matt.