PDA

View Full Version : Is this exhaust for a 3.2 ??

simonprelude
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Just a little confused by this listing.

NSX MUFFLER TITAN NA2 TYPE R RACING TYPE R

But then it goes to say........

Our company, the exclusive muffler of NA1 (3.0L) type and NA2 (3.2L) type is under development.

3.2Exhaust (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NSX-MUFFLER-TITAN-NA2-TYPE-R-RACING-TYPE-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33636QQihZ019QQitemZ2 90063169057QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V)

So does it look like a 3.2 ??

WhyOne?
05-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Hmmmmm....I am thinking that English may not be the 1st language of the text author!

These parts are not as a race car and it develops as a muffler of a standard-sized car.
The few welding technology of degradation is used for a welding portion.
The muffler which thought using it by high rotation as important is due to be made.

You've probably done this already Simon, but I think the only way to be (resonably) sure is to direct a (simply worded) question to the seller

AR
05-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Simon,

If I was going to judge by the pictures it is for a 3.2L. You can clearly see the extra tubing, and the flanges have two holes.

Is the picture accurate? That is the question.

Also check out the small writing.

Cheers,

AR

reg
05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Is it possible to get hold of a design for a 3.2 exhaust? I work within a race team and have access to some very good fabricators. I am really not sure of exactly how much the cat back portion of the exhaust affects the engine and don't want to do anything that is going to cause grief down the line. Ultimately I would like to build a Ti back section and go from there? Obviously if there is a back section laying around then that could be duplicated fairly easily.

Lankstarr
05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Reg,

If you could make a nice Ti exhaust and run a few off for a 3.2 at a nice price I'm sure you would have a few takers:D

Cheers

L*

reg
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Not to derail the original thread topic but the guy(s) who would fab it up are very talented and has experisnce in F1 and MotoGP stuff. All I need is something to work on. TBH I havent even looked at the stock pipe yet but looking at the aftermarket stuff it doesn't look that complex (famous last words). There's no point making anything if it drones badly or does something nasty to the power delivery which is why I am trying to grab a proven design to work off of.

I guess we'll see, but yes it is possible.

AR
09-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Just a little confused by this listing.

NSX MUFFLER TITAN NA2 TYPE R RACING TYPE R

But then it goes to say........

Our company, the exclusive muffler of NA1 (3.0L) type and NA2 (3.2L) type is under development.

3.2Exhaust (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NSX-MUFFLER-TITAN-NA2-TYPE-R-RACING-TYPE-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33636QQihZ019QQitemZ2 90063169057QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V)

So does it look like a 3.2 ??

Did you go for it in the end?

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
09-01-2007, 07:48 PM
No decided to stay with stock at the moment :(

Lankstarr
09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Not to derail the original thread topic but the guy(s) who would fab it up are very talented and has experisnce in F1 and MotoGP stuff. All I need is something to work on. TBH I havent even looked at the stock pipe yet but looking at the aftermarket stuff it doesn't look that complex (famous last words). There's no point making anything if it drones badly or does something nasty to the power delivery which is why I am trying to grab a proven design to work off of.

I guess we'll see, but yes it is possible.

Well volunteered as a test pilot!

I had some guy that made Lorry exhausts for a living make me up a custom fit exhaust on my Civic Vti. It was the nicest exhaust I could have hoped for and he did it for £120.. that was a long time ago though.

AR
09-01-2007, 08:00 PM
At the present moment, the exhausts from Japan ( US ) are quite cheap by comparison to the other offerings. I know getting a custom made one is an option, but there is no guarantee that it will have the desired results. I have had Tubi, ARK and GT-Rom and I can tell you that even exhaust that look alike, will perform very differently with regards to dronning or lack thereof.

Good luck with the project and keep us informed.

Cheers,

AR