PDA

View Full Version : Grinding noise from headlights

simonprelude
06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
When I put the headlights down there is a grinding noise which sounds like it is coming from the left hand side.

Is this the start of a failure or nothing to worry about.

The lights go up and down as normal, no noise on the up, just a grinding noise going down.

It could just be that I didn't have the stereo on or something but the noise sounds quite bad.

reg
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
When I put the headlights down there is a grinding noise which sounds like it is coming from the left hand side.

Is this the start of a failure or nothing to worry about.

The lights go up and down as normal, no noise on the up, just a grinding noise going down.

It could just be that I didn't have the stereo on or something but the noise sounds quite bad.

Mine dont make any noise?

Could you get someone in the car and the use the manual up/down to inspect a bit closer. Maybe part of the mechanism has some crud inside?

simonprelude
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
That's what I'm thinking, perhaps some grit from the M1 last night :(

Mine dont make any noise?

Could you get someone in the car and the use the manual up/down to inspect a bit closer. Maybe part of the mechanism has some crud inside?

reg
07-02-2007, 06:49 PM
That's what I'm thinking, perhaps some grit from the M1 last night :(

I doubt its anything serious, better safe than sorry those sort of things freak me out as you never know! I think my car will be hiding in the garage for a bit longer, although might venture out tomorrow to exercise the ABS whilst there is lots of snow :D