PDA

View Full Version : What suspension mods...

reg
11-02-2007, 10:51 PM
...work and which are BS?

Has anyone here tried the non-compliance pivot clamp, am thinking of making some but don't know if I am wasting my time?

Papalazarou
12-02-2007, 10:50 AM
...work and which are BS?

Has anyone here tried the non-compliance pivot clamp, am thinking of making some but don't know if I am wasting my time?

I love it when you talk about non compliance pivot clamps!!:p

Cheers,

James.

reg
12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I love it when you talk about non compliance pivot clamps!!:p

I am sure if the matter of non compliance was brought up in the houses of parliament there would be much shuffling in seats :p

Anyway has anyone tried them as it seems to be a dirt cheap and easily reversible mod. Although locking suspension arms together that have obviously had a fair amount of design time spent on them might not be very smart?

Senninha
12-02-2007, 04:56 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2141

Depending on what your end goal is, many have said that this is hard to beat and of course has the benefit of being OEM.

regards, Paul

reg
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2141

Depending on what your end goal is, many have said that this is hard to beat and of course has the benefit of being OEM.

regards, Paul

I have heard that it makes the car a bit harsh for bumpy roads? Good price though must admit.

AR
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I would say that the one thing to keep in mind is all the changes that take place when one starts ****ing about with the suspesion.

If I was you I'll either leave alone or upgrade the whole thing to an S or R set up.

Cheers,

AR

rsevo6
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I think he probably doesn't have it anymore, as I never received a reply to an offer I made on them.

Senninha
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I have heard that it makes the car a bit harsh for bumpy roads? Good price though must admit.

I was going to suggest you speak to AR (NSX-R) or kowalski (full NSX-R upgrade) for real world experience of the NSX-R set up

Other option is speak to Paul (CrazymixedupKid) who has done a lot of suspension mods and uses his 3.2 daily.

regards, Paul

AR
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
I was going to suggest you speak to AR (NSX-R) or kowalski (full NSX-R upgrade) for real world experience of the NSX-R set up

Other option is speak to Paul (CrazymixedupKid) who has done a lot of suspension mods and uses his 3.2 daily.

regards, Paul

Harsh it is on the NSX-R with the kevlar bucket seats, but not that much harsher than a landcruiser Amazon on Full Sport setting on the suspension. One thing to remember is that you have to balance everything or the car will handle like a pig IMO.

Cheers,

AR

Minch
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm pretty satified with my set-up. I haven't fitted any 'bars' as yet but the Nitron suspension has good compliance. Its only one way adjustable and was set-up by Plans on the track. Coming from an Elise I don't mind it being a little harsh and I dare say others might losen the adjusters to make it a tad softer. I've thought about different bars but to be honest I can run rings around pretty much anything anyway!