PDA

View Full Version : NSX Parts Catalogue

Minch
14-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Right chaps, time for action. Can somebody please try and get their hands on a parts catalogue that we can document online? If JR from Ray Laks in the USA can get UK (RHD) parts, at reasonable rates, with the exchange rate as it is we are laughing!

If we can get hold of the catalogue in paper form I volunteer myself to scan in every page and put it into PDF format so that anyone can use it. Just need to get hold of the thing!

nigel
15-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Glad to see you got on board to help JR at Ray Laks get a catalogue. I haven't had any luck getting one for the RHD cars, NA-1 / NA-2. It will be worth while for all concerned. JR genuinely cares what he does and wants to get us the best price possible. As Misch said the pound was 1.96 to 1 Wed.

Cheers
nigel

simonprelude
15-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Had no luck with my sources :(

Funnily enough UK Honda dealers won't want to help either.

Minch
16-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Surprise, surprise . . . well maybe if they didn't want to rip my pants down and go in dry I might be buying my parts from them!

kevinpsw
16-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Is there any reason to believe that the parts catalogue on NSX Prime lists different part numbers from the UK Honda version?

I have ordered a number of minor parts through Chiswick Honda using the NSX Prime numbers and, so far, the correct parts have arrived.

I appreciate that parts changed after 91 will not be will not be shown on the Prime exploded drawings.

CrazyMixedUpKid
16-02-2007, 11:27 AM
... what you need to do is buy a Honda electronc parts catalogue on E-bay ... e.g. ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-EPC_W0QQitemZ270089694160QQihZ017QQcategoryZ10386Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought one a few years back - works great and is for UK cars - plug your chassis no in get all the part no.s you want.

Then order them from the cheapest place you can find.

I have in past used Ray Laks but now use Scott Edwards at Escondido Acura in CA ... excellent service. You can get him at: sedwards@unitedauto.com

simonprelude
16-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Well I have bought one today, will get a copy made ASAP.

WhyOne?
16-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Well done Simon!

Do you need someone to hold an off-site back-up of that for you? ;)

reg
16-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Well done Simon!

Do you need someone to hold an off-site back-up of that for you? ;)

Any chance of double indemnity?

:D

CrazyMixedUpKid
16-02-2007, 12:20 PM
just to manage everyones expectations ... this EPC is a full blown application that runs on your PC with its own database - lovely exploded parts diagrams etc, just like the ones they use at the Honda dealers ... so 'printing it off' / 'posting it on the site' is probably not going to be an option ... not unless we have some crack database hackers on board!

simonprelude
16-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I'll make a few back up copies, if I leave them unattended at Japfest and they go missing then who can blame me ??

jonathanolney
16-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I would buy one from the eBay seller if I could be sure that it will work with OS X. Anyone know the file type?

John

WhyOne?
16-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I'll make a few back up copies, if I leave them unattended at Japfest and they go missing then who can blame me ??

Sounds terribly careless to me!!! :)

Senninha
16-02-2007, 10:01 PM

I hope one doesn't accidentally fall inside the carbrella ;)

Lankstarr
17-02-2007, 01:11 AM
crack database hackers can be r3ecruited on demand :lol:

how many do you want :D

mutley
17-02-2007, 09:29 AM

Hmm I think I might have to impound a copy for "evidence"

Hehehehehehehe