PDA

View Full Version : Appalling Stereo installation

kevinpsw
21-02-2007, 11:15 AM
I have never been happy with the aftermarket stereo installed in my car. Part of the problem was that the previous owner ripped out some of the gear just as he sold it - I would have walked away but for the fact I wanted the car too much - and a cheap head unit had been put in. But I have now fixed a bigger problem.

I had some new door speakers (quite pricey Kenwoods) and a second hand Bose sub-woofer installed on Monday. When the aftermarket speakers were taken out the appalling standard of work became apparent. Apart from cheap materials poorly assembled, it was all held in place by a combination of blue tac and glue. Oh yes, and a screwdriver was left inside. And the receipt for the work showed 14 hrs labour at £40 per hour! Watch out if you live in the Isle of Wight and are thinking of having a new car stereo fitted.

The new arrangement (which I hope has all been assembled correctly) is a huge improvement. Total cost £300 for Blaupunkt DAB head unit + £200 to install (included centre console + other little bits) + £70 for subwoofer (off NSX Prime) + £255 for the latest work.

Now it will be important not to have it up too loud so I look like one of those prats who drive around in Corsas with baseball caps on the wrong way around!

gsuds
21-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Now it will be important not to have it up too loud so I look like one of those prats who drive around in Corsas with baseball caps on the wrong way around!

Unless it's Radio 4!

G

britlude
22-02-2007, 10:21 AM
lol..... big, kickin' bass Archers !!!!