PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm James & a new user!

TheSebringOne
27-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Firstly apologises to simonprelude, senninha & al nsx as I've already sent you all this! Problem is I emptied my CD casette holder a while ago since I prefer the engine noise! but now can't eject the casette and the readout states its a E-01 error & the owner manuals states consult dealer as Disc-changer malfunction. Anyone had the same problem and what is the alternative solution. Much appreciated. Thanks:( :confused: :mad:

Papalazarou
27-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Japfest.......................:p

simonprelude
27-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Not had the same problem, but I would suggest either going to the dealer (expensive) or trying to get the cassette out manually. What make of changer is it ??

Sometime it can be the sliding door on the front of the changer that is failing.

A cheaper alternative might be to go to a car audio place ??

amo
27-02-2007, 12:34 PM
try unpluging the changer and pluging it again

or pop into ur local car audio place

thx amo

TheQuietOne
27-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi,

Call me on 07984 167 372 - I can talk you through exactly what to do - I had the same problem (well mine was slightly different as I had a disk stuck in there too) a week after picking mine up - and the delaer told me to bog off basically when I asked them if it was covered under warranty thinking it was a serious problem. I think it was Joe (Brownbear) who helped me - it is fairly straight forward 5 minute job and involves a credit card and removing the clock fuse!

If you prefer cyber intereaction PM me and I will 'talk' you through it!

Cheers,

Matt.

Papalazarou
27-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Jesus Matt, you've really overgayed yourself this time......could it be the man-flu?

Cheers,

James.

Get well soon:p

TheQuietOne
27-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Jesus, just trying to help an NSX brother - OK if you prefer to talk James-to-James, the Papa's mobile number is 07980 69 69 69 (make your own mind up!).

Oh and while I'm at it I though 'that' gay phrase was one you only used after a weekend with your UJJCCJCUJC chums!

You try and help and all you get is attacked sheesh! :(

Papalazarou
27-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Jesus, just trying to help an NSX brother - OK if you prefer to talk James-to-James, the Papa's mobile number is 07980 69 69 69 (make your own mind up!).

Oh and while I'm at it I though 'that' gay phrase was one you only used after a weekend with your UJJCCJCUJC chums!

Like I said, man flu.

Cheers,

James.:p

TheQuietOne
27-02-2007, 08:41 PM
What were you saying earlier about people not rising to the bait and it being annoying - damn you Taylor! :p

TheSebringOne
27-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the replies, had a good laugh at my expenses of course at the banter! Thanks Matt for your offer & much appreciated, can I ring u on Sat or Sun? I tried James's no which ended 69 69 69, but strangley it did'nt work !?! Well this forum is well funny, cheers for the intro. Simon u r prob sick2 death of hearing this, ur car was Honda's press car when the 3.2 was launch as I've read lots of articles in the past because of the no.plate & colour & famous testers 2. James, where the Papalazrou come from?:D

Senninha
28-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Firstly apologises to simonprelude, senninha & al nsx as I've already sent you all this! Problem is I emptied my CD casette holder a while ago since I prefer the engine noise! but ............. Thanks:( :confused: :mad:
Hello James,
Welcome to the forum within which you will find much banter and lots of knowledgeable owners, some of whom have intro'd themselves already.

Sorry I can't offer any help to your stereo problems as I have aftermarket ICE. Sounds as though Matt is on hand to assist so should be fine.

Hope to see some photo's and info on your NSX soon. Oh and by the way, expect a barrage of pm's from Papa about your Jamesfest attendance in May ;)

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
28-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks for your message, I've got a standard Bose system, so I wait 2 hear from Matt, who sounds helpful. Re Papa (aka James), he seems one hell of a character!? He mentioned Japfest & u mentioned Jamesfest, are these 1 of the same? If so what is this? a Japanese car festival in May? If so where is it being held? Cheers :D

Senninha
28-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Here you go, all the info on both display and track elements for the day :cool:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2015 (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2015)

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2033 (http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2033)

Jamesfest is Japfest, just my little salute to James for all his hard work to pull together almost 40 NSX's.

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
28-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the replies, had a good laugh at my expenses of course at the banter! Thanks Matt for your offer & much appreciated, can I ring u on Sat or Sun? I tried James's no which ended 69 69 69, but strangley it did'nt work !?! Well this forum is well funny, cheers for the intro. Simon u r prob sick2 death of hearing this, ur car was Honda's press car when the 3.2 was launch as I've read lots of articles in the past because of the no.plate & colour & famous testers 2. James, where the Papalazrou come from?:D

Hi James,

The name came from the TV series on this link;

http://www.leagueofgentlemen.co.uk/newvids1.shtml

Thanks Paul for answering the questions about Japfest.
James, if you're interested and have any further questions, PM me and/or send some money (£9.00 per person) to;

James Taylor
Hillcrest,
Millbridge road,
Minehead,
Somerset,
TA24 8AG

If you would rather use paypal, please send £1.00 extra 'each' to cover paypal admin. to

mrwynns@aol.com

There are only a few stand places left, so please hurry.

Cheers,

James.

TheQuietOne
28-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi,

No problem at all - just call whenever it suits! Oh and by the way I doubt Simon will ever get bored of talking about P27 - well I wouldn't it is such a stunning car!

Cheers, Matt.

P.S. Don't think you've got away with introducing yourself and your car properly at some point! ;)

amo
28-02-2007, 11:34 AM

lol
now now im 1 of those ujcc ppl

thx amo

TheSebringOne
01-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Will ring u wkend 2 c if I can kick start the Bose/CD !! I've just looked at some photos at Japfest 2006, theres a Red one, is that yours? as I cud'nt quite make out the reg year? What caught my eye is the front tyres, I'm in2 my rubbers!? tyres I meant!! They were Eagle F1's which r awesome & I had on my last Honda the curvey model & best shape Prelude 2.3 manual, in white with full Honda body kit (miss that car!) F1s were the best I had on that car as FWD! If the car in question isnt urs, sorry forget my ranting on! :confused: :D

Senninha
01-03-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm in2 my rubbers!? tyres I meant!! They were Eagle F1's which r awesome :D
There are quite a few NSX on these now, in either 16/17 or 17/17 combo. Matt has fantastic wear with almost 20k from the rears and good life still up front. (behave yourself L* and Papa!!)

Thanx largely to Matt's feedback I'm now running the GSD3's f+r and very pleased. They were a bit alarming for first few miles appearing to have no real grip, however, now scrubbed in and performing very well in all conditions.

HTH, Paul

simonprelude
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Mine still must not be scrubbed in :(

Thanx largely to Matt's feedback I'm now running the GSD3's f+r and very pleased. They were a bit alarming for first few miles appearing to have no real grip, however, now scrubbed in and performing very well in all conditions.

HTH, Paul

TheQuietOne
01-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Mine still must not be scrubbed in :(

One thing about rubber is it must be fresh!!!! How old are those tyres on the front again Simon??? ;)