PDA

View Full Version : nice colour......

senna786
28-02-2007, 03:09 AM
spotted this nice beauty for sale........
ooooh I am so tempted to get another........ but have to hold back for a bit yet......

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/139344.htm

Well I only had the ITR DC2 for 2 months and it has unfortunately been classed as beyond economical repair (Cat C) after a pretty bad bump in the bad snow a few weeks ago. A car passing parked cars on the other side hit me head on after skidding - each car travelling arounf 30mph - so you can imagine - a fair impact. Air bags went off... First time I've been involved in bump in all my driving history!! came out ok - a few cuts and bruises but fine..... Not too bothered about the car, I only paid £4.5k for it and insurance have offered me a first offer of £4.9k so after a bit of haggling I may get a little more. Don't know whether to get another one - initiallly bought this for track days this year, could buy it back off insurance and repair it, but haven't got the time...... Don't even know if i will realistically have time this year to do track days ---- dilemmas dilemmas

Minch
28-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Oh dear, must have been a bit of a shock! Well at least you're OK.

That NSX I think is Locko's on this forum. Do a search on his user name if interested.

WhyOne?
28-02-2007, 09:02 AM
This must be one of the nicest, newest NSX's in the country.

Just a terrible shame about the circumstances of the sale.

Senninha
28-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Here it is ....

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=2361

IMO, one of the best body colors for the late NSX ....but could I live with that interior......

Senna786, pleased to hear you walked away from the crash. THey do build these Honda's well. If it was me, I think I'd take the good offer and forget the rebuild because if you dont 'think' you have time then you know you wont get time .....usually the way it works.

simonprelude
28-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear re the DC2

Any idea what sort of figure the Insurance company will let you buy the car for ??

Could be worth it, either to do up or to break for parts, there's a few who make a fair bit of ££'s out of it.

Well I only had the ITR DC2 for 2 months and it has unfortunately been classed as beyond economical repair (Cat C) after a pretty bad bump in the bad snow a few weeks ago. A car passing parked cars on the other side hit me head on after skidding - each car travelling arounf 30mph - so you can imagine - a fair impact. Air bags went off... First time I've been involved in bump in all my driving history!! came out ok - a few cuts and bruises but fine..... Not too bothered about the car, I only paid £4.5k for it and insurance have offered me a first offer of £4.9k so after a bit of haggling I may get a little more. Don't know whether to get another one - initiallly bought this for track days this year, could buy it back off insurance and repair it, but haven't got the time...... Don't even know if i will realistically have time this year to do track days ---- dilemmas dilemmas

reg
28-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Agree with everyone else above. Glad you escaped wth only minor injuries. I would also say (as has senninha) that when you start to rebuild things time and money quickly runs away with you.

On a side issue in the 55 car in the pictures I notice that there still appears to be a tape deck, was this never deleted right up until the end of the production run?

simonprelude
28-02-2007, 10:53 AM
The seats are different, I bet the car will be unique.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/139344-1.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/139344-2.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/139344-3.jpg

I wonder if they are the same colour as the S2000 ??

simonprelude
28-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Indeed, the NSX has never had a CD headunit even as an OEM option.

On a side issue in the 55 car in the pictures I notice that there still appears to be a tape deck, was this never deleted right up until the end of the production run?

senna786
28-02-2007, 06:43 PM
thanks for the kind words........

SimonP - I did consider buying the car back of the insurance company with the intention of doing one of two things:

1. Buy back, repair and use it as a track day car.
The damage looks bad and did smash the screen and both air bags went off, but there was no damage to the front wings, which are still perfectly aligned!!!. Even the lights stayed intact!. The door seams and wheels are all straight - it's the front and bonnet thats took the brunt of the damage. interestingly the panel in the engine bay is also straight, so there doesn't seem to much out of place under there - although the radiator and air-con radiator/unit have had it...
A friend on mine in Yorkshire has a mechanic mate who deals in Hondas (civics, ITRs) and interestingly has the fastest civic in the country over a 1/4 mile - offical too.. reckons he can get it fixed and painted for around £1500. If I were to use it solely for a track day car, I could save a small fortune by not replacing the airbags!

2. Buy back and strip for spares. The mates mate reckons you could get £3.5k to £4k if breaking. But I work in the city, silly hours and don't have the time.

The insurance company offered me to buy it back for £3.4k!!!!!!! And when I asked whether they would put it down as not recorded, they insisted they would have to register it as Cat C.
So all in all not worth it.
I think I'll take the money and just use the Mk2 Golf until the summer...... and then may go for a caterham with trailer for track days.....

pic below

simonprelude
28-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Cool, next time you see Guy, let him know he will have some serious competition in about 2 weeks :)

A friend on mine in Yorkshire has a mechanic mate who deals in Hondas (civics, ITRs) and interestingly has the fastest civic in the country over a 1/4 mile - offical too.. reckons he can get it fixed and painted for around £1500. If I were to use it solely for a track day car, I could save a small fortune by not replacing the airbags!