PDA

View Full Version : NSX-R Wheels ?? I think not.

simonprelude
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Just almost wet myself when I see a set of NSX-R 17" wheels on ebay for £450.

Alas they aren't :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NSX-R-White-17-Alloy-Wheels-JDM-RARE-RARE-CIVIC_W0QQitemZ290090191082QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9888 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i15.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/8f/ae/fe84_1.JPG

http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/8f/ae/ff83_1.JPG

If they were, then obviously they would be on there way to me now.

MUPPET

Papalazarou
05-03-2007, 07:28 PM
What car would you have put them on?

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I would have put them on my NSX :)

Procar Specials
05-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Just almost wet myself when I see a set of NSX-R 17" wheels on ebay for £450

These arent NSX-R wheels, these are old Accord Type R wheels.
They dont will fit.

simonprelude
05-03-2007, 07:39 PM
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming Detlef.

They dont will fit.

simonprelude
05-03-2007, 07:41 PM
In fact

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1920&stc=1&d=1173108945

AR
05-03-2007, 07:44 PM
That advert is more of a load of bollox than the 340 BHP type R :), actually it might be the same owner.

All one needs to do is to add Mugen, JDM, NSX-R and rare and hope that one will bite.

I feel bad if he was taken, and can't imagine how poorly the NSX would have handle with 225s on the back!

Next we will see the NSX-R foglights, power mirrors, remote trunk release and double glass rear window!

Cheers,

AR

granted_nsx
05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
They dont will fit.

I agree, these are Accord Type R wheels! I wonder if his NSX-R had 4 doors?!

Nick Graves
05-03-2007, 08:06 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/BlackS2K/Picture002.jpg

They are the same wheels on my NSX type-VTi.

Also came as 16"s on some models IIRC.

Papalazarou
05-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Damn and I thought we were going to see white wheels on an orange car!

Cheers,

James. :p

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Well I've asked if he has any photo's of the NSX type R that he imported, let's see what the answer is ??

Because why would anyone keep pictures of that when you trade it in for a Mitsubishi Evo 8 :)

WhyOne?
06-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I asked a question about the wheels and received this reply......

dear ilinnett a few people have sent me messages asking me they look like accord and prelude wheels.when i purchased the car i have asked the bloke if these r accord or prelude wheels,as ive seen them on uk accord type rs and preludes,he said the accord and prelude wheels from factory r silver,but on this jdm nsx they were white so i believed him.am only listing on the info i got from the dealer which was on black and white paper when i signed it when i purchased it.i did have all the paper works but i gave it away in the honda folder when i traded the car in for an evo 8 (360) year and a half ago,id only pxd the car for arrival of new baby as the honda only had 2 seats while the evo was a saloon.am not absolutely sure but they were on the car on a imported 52 plate :0(.... not sure if this is useful for u mate but the wheel is defo nsx wheels in my point of view.. i cant assure u the case as i bought it thru middle person when it was imported...thanks for message thanks for lookin mate...

....so in summary, the crux of his argument appears to be that Honda did not fit white wheels to either Accord or Prelude therefore, QED, theu must be authentic NSX-R wheels.

OK, well that's me sold!

rsevo6
06-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Guys, why the lengthy discussion??:confused:
These are clearly NOT NSX-R or any other NSX model wheels, period.
Guy is either clearly unaware/ conned himself, or is trying to con someone, end of story.:rolleyes:

WhyOne?
06-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Guys, why the lengthy discussion??:.........
Guy is either clearly unaware/ conned himself, or is trying to con someone, end of story.:rolleyes:

It's good sport baiting deluded/misinformed/dishonest ebayers!!!!!!! :D

Lankstarr
06-03-2007, 01:22 PM
FQ360??? I thought only fq340 or 400!?

I too have emailed the seller! - I want to knowhere this 02 NSXR is... we know that the wheels arte not NSXR but could understand confusion - but surely you cant mistake the actual car!?

Interestingly the guy has brought lots of scooby bits for his mitsy!

I asked where he px'd the R and he said....
"hi lankstarr,i pxd the nsx-r at my local evo garage in hexam in newcastle about roughly one and a half years ago mate.the reason i had to px this lovely nsx due to new born baby,so i had to get a 4 door saloon,so i chosed an evo 8(360).but unfortunaly the garage has been closed within the last 6 months by a courtesy notificaition letter :0(.sorry mate cant help u out there! and the letter didnt say if they r closed for good or not.thanks for the message hope u find 1 mate....good luck....."

Pretty hard to check up on that though!

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Possibly the one that was sold in Edinburgh last year ??
But that wasn't an 02 though ??

Curious.

Steveycaz
06-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I do admire the guys command of the English language!

Lankstarr
06-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Also he talks about putting 19s on the R but the Scot R's oversized wheels were put on by the dealer to replace the std Mugen wheels.

Would be nice to think that there is another 02+ R but my BS detector is telling me that the chances are low!

AR
06-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Also he talks about putting 19s on the R but the Scot R's oversized wheels were put on by the dealer to replace the std Mugen wheels.

Would be nice to think that there is another 02+ R but my BS detector is telling me that the chances are low!

To correct again, none on the wheels on that NSX-R were OEM wheels.

Only the Enkei 5 spokes ( 15/16" ) and the BBS blades ( 16/17" )were the standard wheels. :) for the NA1, anything else is hogwash.

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
06-03-2007, 06:35 PM
To correct again, none on the wheels on that NSX-R were OEM wheels.

Only the Enkei 5 spokes ( 15/16" ) and the BBS blades ( 16/17" )were the standard wheels. :) for the NA1, anything else is hogwash.

Cheers,

AR

I can't believe you corrected me:o

The Mugen wheels that were originally on the Scot NA1 were the same as the ones from the brochure picture on here somewhere. were they a factory option then?

NSX-R amateur;)

simonprelude
06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I think they were only ever seen on that 'drawing' in the brochure, no one seems to have ever seen a car wearing them, so..... I don't know.

The Mugen wheels that were originally on the Scot NA1 were the same as the ones from the brochure picture on here somewhere. were they a factory option then?

NSX-R amateur;)

AR
06-03-2007, 11:45 PM

NSX-R amateur;)

Luke the car is also pictured in another booklet, and it has a K&N type filter. I will find the book on e day and scan the pictures. The setting looks like Australia. It might be the one that MarkC saw.

The wheels were not a factory option. They were not in the Honda Access brochure and IMHO look out of place on the car.

Cheers,

AR

Kevin
07-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Did the auction end, or were the wheels removed? They've gone now.

Anyone watching the auction and can see what happened?

Lankstarr
07-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Luke the car is also pictured in another booklet, and it has a K&N type filter. I will find the book on e day and scan the pictures. The setting looks like Australia. It might be the one that MarkC saw.

The wheels were not a factory option. They were not in the Honda Access brochure and IMHO look out of place on the car.

Cheers,

AR

I agree - they look like some bad diablo type copies!

I'm sure that they were on the Scot type R before the dealer put the huge ones one there. The would certainly make the car look dated.

L*

simonprelude
07-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I was watching them, but they have gone from my watch list also.

Did the auction end, or were the wheels removed? They've gone now.

Anyone watching the auction and can see what happened?

Papalazarou
07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I can't believe you guys are still pursuing this. Oh and that 'mat' thread. I have a good idea for anyone on that one; find some mats for sale, buy them then more on with your lives.

This site has turned into an anorak convention at worst. At best it's a sewing circle.

Come on guys, lets have some interesting posts for a change.

A very disapointed,

James.

AR
07-03-2007, 09:17 PM
I can't believe you guys are still pursuing this. Oh and that 'mat' thread. I have a good idea for anyone on that one; find some mats for sale, buy them then more on with your lives.

This site has turned into an anorak convention at worst. At best it's a sewing circle.

Come on guys, lets have some interesting posts for a change.

A very disapointed,

James.

James,

You should buy a BMW ;).

Cheers,

Ary

Papalazarou
07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I haven't been on their forum yet. Do they suck as much as we do?

Cheers,

James.

markc
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
I was watching them out of interest. The result is still in my Watch list.

They sold for £235 to "electr0_n0uveau" who was praised by the seller for fast payment but left no feedback regarding the deal.

Mark

TheQuietOne
07-03-2007, 11:49 PM
more on James.

Freudian slip sir?

Papalazarou
08-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Freudian slip sir?

Ok, I meant 'move on' although this thread is particularly lame. Forum admin. should start policing them and putting us out of our sad misery.

Cheers,

James.

forumadmin
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, I meant 'move on' although this thread is particularly lame. Forum admin. should start policing them and putting us out of our sad misery.

Cheers,

James.

OK, whatever you want. Everyone form an orderly queue behind me to put James out of his misery.

Papalazarou
09-03-2007, 11:26 AM
OK, whatever you want. Everyone form an orderly queue behind me to put James out of his misery.

That's what I love about this site, everyone's so accommodating :p

Cheers,

James.

WhyOne?
09-03-2007, 11:33 AM
I can't believe you guys are still pursuing this......... lets have some interesting posts for a change.

This isn't interesting :confused:

Oh..........

Papalazarou
09-03-2007, 12:30 PM
This isn't interesting :confused:

Oh..........

It's interesting now, but only because everyone's giving me a hard time....as usual :sad:

Cheers,

James

Nick Graves
11-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Actually, James, you SHOULD try some Porsche/BMW forums.

Up-themselves-itis is the order of the day. It's funny, for a while.

Another good one is Scoobynet; flame-everyone-itis is compulsory. Talk about aggression. They'd doubtless rip your first post to shreds!

reg
11-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Actually, James, you SHOULD try some Porsche/BMW forums.

Up-themselves-itis is the order of the day. It's funny, for a while.

Another good one is Scoobynet; flame-everyone-itis is compulsory. Talk about aggression. They'd doubtless rip your first post to shreds!

How amusing, sounds like s2ki.

Papalazarou
11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
I did as you suggested and went on a journey of other forums. I found the BMW forums were way too impersonal; too many cars, too many members and not a lot of content.
I then went to the Exige forum and found that it was mostly Americans. There wasn't much post action and very little info.
I used to post on Boxster.net when I had my 3.2 but a couple of Porsche meetings cured me of that brand. Although in fairness the forum was ok.
Still hated the odd 911 owner who browsed through the site and slagged off Boxsters for not being 'proper Porsches.' A bit stupid when you consider they share 40% of the same parts.
Even got bored last year and tried to get onto the morgan site. I felt bad for leapfrogging a few of them on the Porlock/Lynmouth road last year and thought I'd apologise.

Cheers,

James.

LONG LIVE THE TARGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AR
12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Just go on Prime and I am sure they will give you a good seeing to. PS just post something like NSX-R are crap or JDM sucks! :)

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm sure you'd give him a good slagging off he he posted JDM NSX-R are crap :lol:

Papalazarou
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
I went on the Clio V6 site earlier. Not much going on. I can only inagine that

1. they haven't got many members or

2. They all have productive lives (unlike us, by the looks of it i.e; posting throughout the day and on the days I haven't been near the computer, coming back to find 20 new posts and topics).

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Get a life and at the same time, help me get a life too!:p