PDA

View Full Version : Nsx-r :-)

senna786
16-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Have been busy with work recently, but have been missing having the NSX sitting there (knowing it's mine) :-)

Well times are good and feeling flush, so have planned a trip to Japan next month for a few weeks. Gonna eye up a few type r NA2s and fancy getting one within reason of course. Am willing to go to around £70-80k all in. Already been in touch with a few contacts and have 2 lined up already to see.

Will keep you posted and maybe I can once again be an owner again.......

sportyking
16-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Top move, why are you still in the Uk :)

senna786
16-03-2007, 11:02 PM
yes. Ended up staying in UK. Have committed myself to London for another few years :-(

Will move back to Stirling (Scotland) when I have built my new house - but that in itself will take me years :-)

Senninha
16-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Have been busy with work recently, but have been missing having the NSX sitting there (knowing it's mine) :-)

Well times are good and feeling flush, so have planned a trip to Japan next month for a few weeks. Gonna eye up a few type r NA2s and fancy getting one within reason of course.......
Wow, what a way to make a re-entry into ownership. Are you looking at 'traditional' white/red combo, or have you managed to find something really unique?

Wish you the best of luck

AR
16-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Good luck on finding the right one.

Cheers,

AR

gsuds
17-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Will move back to Stirling (Scotland) when I have built my new house - but that in itself will take me years :-)

Look forward to a Scottish mini-meet when you do mate. Mutley? ;)

Cheers,

Graham

bazza
17-03-2007, 01:48 AM
YHPM Senna786

TheQuietOne
17-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Wow maybe two people will spread the shipping costs it would appear and improve all our chances of getting the ultimate - an NA2 R over here one day...all I can say is go go go!

TheQuietOne
17-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh and also what happenned to the DB9...did you see the light?

I'm assuming you're a numbers guy, not a footballer though and that was the real reason...;)

simonprelude
17-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Great opportunity if you can do it, have you enquired re SVA / ESVA and with Honda for type approval yet ??

All the ones I keep seeing are non standard and for me, the type R is the epitome of the NSX and a standard example (or a GT) would be plenty.

Kevin
19-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Cool,

If you get the paperwork for the ESVA test, make you let us have them, for when we want to import a NSX-R.

senna786
19-03-2007, 04:51 PM
thanks for the positive messages. I will keep you all informed and will be happy to share any paperwork if I get that far.
QuiteOne - Unfortunately not a footballer and yes you've guessed right I am a numbers man. The DB9 was a good choice and one I should have gone for in the interim, but as usual didn't pull my finger out quick enough and decided against it. Bought an ITR DC2 UK spec for trackdays instead :-) Also I ended up putting a deposit down on the new R8 and just heard last week from Audi that I will be one of the first to get one - looking forward to it. Don't know if I'll keep it long though as I am not sure what the depreciation will be like - especially after I am paying £87k with all the bits, etc!!!!
The NSX-R (NA2) will be a little toy for weekend pleasure and I will be looking for a bod standard one.

Just picked up an 07 golf gti last week for some fun. Looks nice next to my mark1 campaign :-) Although the Mk1 is currently going through a revamp and am about to add a set of wilwood 4-pot callipers and a fully polished g60 engine. It should be much quicker.

Oh and I picked up a 1991 Mk2 8V 5 door in red. 1 Owner from new - it's immaculate and what a car to drive for £800 !!!

some pics below

senna786
19-03-2007, 05:02 PM
oh and my Mk1 :-)

senna786
19-03-2007, 05:41 PM
on another note - I see my old NSX has been advertised on PH. I only sold it 2 months ago. He changed the plates to a private plate.

Also, dropped him a note and he told me he damaged one of the alloys - Honda quoted him £1600 for one alloy replacement!!! that's what u get for having magnesium wheels
:-) :-)

NSX 2000
19-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Just picked up an 07 golf gti last week for some fun. Looks nice next to my mark1 campaign :-)

Senna786, I see you went with the standard GTI, did you go for a manual or DSG gearbox? My wife is very intrested in GTI 30th edition 5 door with the DSG (she wants the extra 30 horses ;-) ), what options did you go for and what do you think of it?
Thanks in advance Paul.

senna786
19-03-2007, 06:13 PM
My god, such an unproductive day - email and network been down all day at work - nightmare. Gives me a chance to browse the net :-)

In relation to the question on the Mk5 - I wanted an 07 one as quickly as possible. And this is the one I got.
It's got all the bits (18" wheels, headlamp wash, DSG)apart from leather and satnav. It is the DSG version.

I did drive the R32 - great car but very different to drive "well" especially around corners. You really need to get used to the set up. It feels really front heavy for my liking. Also you find you have to change gears very quickly (maybe I'm just toooo used to the VTec of the NSX and ITR :-) :-) )

I also looked at the edition 30 - too pricey for my liking. You can actually get the GTi chipped to 240bhp for not much money. It's better going down that route. unless you want the prestige value, like most owners will want.

The Gti is quick in low and mid range and pulls you round and out of corners really well. however I have can honestly say the integra is a better drivers car. I'm not overly inpressed with the new Gti - then again maybe I have been spoiled with the ITR and NSX
:-)

May sell it next month if it doesn't start pressing the right buttons. I get so bored, so quickly with cars these days.....

TheQuietOne
19-03-2007, 07:54 PM
thanks for the positive messages. I will keep you all informed and will be happy to share any paperwork if I get that far.
QuiteOne - Unfortunately not a footballer and yes you've guessed right I am a numbers man. The DB9 was a good choice and one I should have gone for in the interim, but as usual didn't pull my finger out quick enough and decided against it. Bought an ITR DC2 UK spec for trackdays instead :-) Also I ended up putting a deposit down on the new R8 and just heard last week from Audi that I will be one of the first to get one - looking forward to it. Don't know if I'll keep it long though as I am not sure what the depreciation will be like - especially after I am paying £87k with all the bits, etc!!!!
The NSX-R (NA2) will be a little toy for weekend pleasure and I will be looking for a bod standard one.

Just picked up an 07 golf gti last week for some fun. Looks nice next to my mark1 campaign :-) Although the Mk1 is currently going through a revamp and am about to add a set of wilwood 4-pot callipers and a fully polished g60 engine. It should be much quicker.

Oh and I picked up a 1991 Mk2 8V 5 door in red. 1 Owner from new - it's immaculate and what a car to drive for £800 !!!

some pics below

That must be one hell of a party you had to celebrate getting such a nice car for £800!!!! :D

senna786
19-03-2007, 08:06 PM
the Mk2 was owned for 16 years by an OAP local to me. Came by it by chance in the local paper without a pic !

Went with my brother and snapped it up there and then. FSH; 109k; immaculate.
Changed the radiator at the weekend (£40) and put some road tax on it.
Drove it from Scotland to London on a 600 mile trip and it didn't miss a beat. A hell of a lot more quiter than the ITR on the motorway.
Am using it as my daily commute into London and am quite enjoying driving a car that costs so little.

Kevin
19-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Lots of nice cars at your house then, but you need to get the bin men round to take away your rubbish pretty sharpish or you'll never get the cars out of the drive!:p

senna786
19-03-2007, 08:24 PM
LOL Kev,

it's so true. I had a few weeks off work and in that time decided to take on the task of clearing leafs and cutting a few trees from the grounds - Didn't foooooking realise it was such an arduous task!! took me ages to clear the leafs. Need to shove them in the back of the XC90 and dump them somewhere..... :-) So watch out, maybe somewhere near you
:-)

TheQuietOne
19-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Lots of nice cars at your house then, but you need to get the bin men round to take away your rubbish pretty sharpish or you'll never get the cars out of the drive!:p

That was what I was getting at actually - should have made it a bit more obviously a bin bag joke!

Senninha
20-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Am using it as my daily commute into London and am quite enjoying driving a car that costs so little.

I did a similar thing with a £150 worth of Prelude twin cam a couple fo years ago. Loved that car, put 6k miles on it in 5 months, never missed a beat. Dont know about you, but I found that BMW & Merc drivers give you a LOT more space when you really look at them as tho you dont care if they bump you ;) Great find!

yes you've guessed right I am a numbers man Mmmm, think I can see where you've stashed the cash :p

SpaceMonkey
20-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Good luck with the search in Japan.

Also, you lucky sod stumbling on that Mk2 for buttons.