PDA

View Full Version : Door re-trim started

mutley
28-03-2007, 01:21 PM
HI all,

Here is the beginging of my interior re-trim, starting with the doors. Changed the Black Leather for Red Suede.

amo
28-03-2007, 01:41 PM
hi mate how much u charge to do them lol

i buy urs and send u mine

thx amo

mutley
28-03-2007, 06:08 PM
hi mate how much u charge to do them lol

i buy urs and send u mine

thx amo

Too late mate, already installed, the whole job from start to finish took me 3 hours, not too bad I thought, and I got carried away and done the arm rest too, here's the pics. Fingers crossed, new gauges tomorrow.

amo
28-03-2007, 06:43 PM
looks good mate i like

so how much it cost to do and tell tell how did u do it

u sure now u dont want some money lol

thx amo

mutley
28-03-2007, 06:50 PM
well you never know I might start offering my services, I have a knack of being able to do that stuff.

It was a lot easier that I thought it would be, al that is needed is some re-trim material, spray glue and some patience. At first I wasn't sure how the inner door parels ( the leather bit) would come apart, but each wee segment is individual, so I just took them off , recovered and then re fitted one at a time.
What interior were you thinking Amo, orange to suit the car? or something different. If you've seen my other posts, I'll be living in Bedfordshire from June, so If you want me to do it, let me know.

PS have you got any pics of the gauges installed? I'm hoping to have a crack at that tomorrow.

reg
28-03-2007, 06:58 PM
At first I wasn't sure how the inner door parels ( the leather bit) would come apart, but each wee segment is individual, so I just took them off , recovered and then re fitted one at a time.

I am thinking of changing the ones on mine, this is going to make it way easier. Looks like I will sort the window alignment myself and re-trim the door panels.

Good stuff.

Senninha
28-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Very nice job Jim,

Are you plannng to do the seat centres?

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
28-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I still have the door leather to do. Have the material, just need a few spare hours.
Really good to see the finished article. Mine will be smooth finish to match the new seat leather.:p

Cheers,

James.

mutley
28-03-2007, 07:46 PM
That exactly my plan, although I will keep them leather rather than suede. I did ponder suede for the seats too, but I think leather is easier cleaned and a bit harder wearing for sitting on.

My seats are not in the best conditon, so will have to remove them and go for the complete refurb, and then dye the middle bits red, that'll probably be in the summer after I move.

But as the old Brittish Rail add used to say, I'm getting there.

mutley
28-03-2007, 07:49 PM
I still have the door leather to do. Have the material, just need a few spare hours.
Really good to see the finished article. Mine will be smooth finish to match the new seat leather.:p

Cheers,

James.

As soon as I got the door cards off and saw how the leather sections are attached, I knew it wouldn't take long. The whole job from start to finish was about 3 hrs. I thought about the smooth look too, but finally went for suede, although I know that smooth leather would have been a lot easier to keep clean!

amo
28-03-2007, 08:23 PM
hi mate thx for that will have to see
will post a pic of the dials the 1 i have anyway on the dial post

thx amo

mutley
28-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Yep saw it mate, looking good.

If all goes well I'll post pics of mine installed, still wondering best way round the needle problem.

Lankstarr
29-03-2007, 07:27 AM
Jim - looks like the same red suede I have in the centres of my seats! there are a few pics of them floatinga round somewhere and if you're coming to Japfest you can see what it would look like in suede. I think I'll be doing the door panels as well - looks really nice.

mutley
29-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Jim - looks like the same red suede I have in the centres of my seats! there are a few pics of them floatinga round somewhere and if you're coming to Japfest you can see what it would look like in suede. I think I'll be doing the door panels as well - looks really nice.

If all goes well I'll be there, but because of my posting in June, might be a bit tight. Serioulsy the doors don't take long to do, I was surprised at how easy they were to remove and re-fit. I think I've seen you pics, but I'll have a hunt around for them again.
Cheers

Jim

mutley
29-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Can I have your opinions, should I do the glove box as well, or leave it black??

amo
29-03-2007, 09:15 PM
doooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttt

lol
thx amo

NSX 2000
29-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Can I have your opinions, should I do the glove box as well, or leave it black??

Either the whole dash or not at all IMO.

Paul.

mutley
30-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Is there anyone good at photoshop-ing, I might just "alter" a pic and see how it would look, but the image I have inmy head would look pretty good. I don't want to go over board with the red, but I think if I do the glove box door and the knee bolster under the steering wheel and then call it a day at that (oh and maybe red speaker covers??)

Cheers for your input guys

Jim

Senninha
30-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Personally I would stop where you are unless you like Luke's seat when you see them (which do look good) and do your centres. I would leave the dash alone unless you can do the whole thing like the early Type R - have a look at AR's thread for interior photo's.

Hope to see you at Jamesfest

Regards, Paul

reg
30-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Is there anyone good at photoshop-ing.

Jim

I can PS stuff. Send me some pix and let me know what you want to look at.

creighton_varney@yahoo.com

mutley
30-03-2007, 09:46 PM
the 2 latter pics I posed on here ( the interior of my car) I just would like to see them but with the Glove box in red to match the doors to see if it would look good or be too much.

Many Thanks

Jim

mutley
31-03-2007, 12:40 PM
OK I've made my decission, I slept on it last night and I think I will leave the glove box black, but will trim the little bar under the glove box (you know the bit I mean) and the knee bolster on the drivers side. More pics to follow.