PDA

View Full Version : tyre pressures

madras
29-03-2007, 03:19 PM
what do pressure do people recommend for different tyres on the NSX. Or should we always stick to what the manual says, ie . Front: 2.3bar (33psi); rear: 2.8bar (40psi)

Bridgestone OEM's on a '92 3.0 with 16" and 15"
Do you know what is recommended for the later wheels 17"s and 16"s?

Thanks

gsuds
29-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Everyone seems to have their own preferences, but most folk (self included) seem to stick with manual's recommendations - I've found that lesser pressures reduce the "delicate" feel. I'm on 16/17 later type wheels, not using OEM tyres (Toyo T1R front, GSD3 rear). That said, different tyres have different characteristics, and you can experiment a bit, but I've found the X to be quite sensitive even to small pressure changes.

HTH

Graham

Senninha
30-03-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm now running with OEM 17" all round but have retained the factory tyre pressure 33/40 as run on the standard 16"/17" and all seems fine.

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
30-03-2007, 06:45 PM
I run 32/38 but I'm probably being pedantic. It just seems a little less edgy. Maybe just in my head though.
Makes me wonder what we should be running for Japfest? Tiff Needel said run more pressure, but I can't help thinking a little less might be better. I think we discussed this ages ago but couldn't find the thread.

Cheers,

James

Kevin
30-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Less pressure is the rear is better. Down to about 35. Depends on the driver and personal preference, but lower is the general consensus amoung the track monkeys.

reg
30-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Less pressure is the rear is better. Down to about 35. Depends on the driver and personal preference, but lower is the general consensus amoung the track monkeys.

IME track pressures are generally run a bit lower. I am thinking -3 to -5 PSI compared to stock. I wonder what some slicks would do the stock NSX suspension :D

simonprelude
31-03-2007, 08:13 AM
I might have to try and lower the tyre pressures a little, I have always had a feeling of the rear end wanting to overtake the front in the few street encounters I have had.

On the way back from Gaydon I met up with an F430 convertible.

Let's say from 60mph we both accelerated flat for about 10 seconds and he pulled about 6 car lengths on me, however the back just didn't stick like I want (I have had the same issue with the RE010's as the RE050's when playing with a DB9) on cornering I started to lose confidence so backed off :(