PDA

View Full Version : Stoppers !!

TheSebringOne
31-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Can anyone recommend the best OEM replacement brake discs (Honda's prices mean I have 2 sell a kidney!),checked out SOS & DALI in the US and Dirk in Euro? Just want standard ones or is it worth paying a little more & getting slightly larger ones with grooves etc. I do'nt want racing ones, trying to keep X as original as poss. Pads were changed by Honda about 2k ago, so are pretty new. Anyone tried the above suppliers & how much generally for shipping, ie US V Euroland? Thanks James :D :rolleyes:

Martyn27_uk
31-03-2007, 04:04 PM
After a fair bit of shopping around I sourced a pair of disks from www.carparts-direct.co.uk in October 2006.

( well, as mine is a 1993 model their "Fittapart" ( oh God... ) department handled the deal ( 'Parts for older cars' - thanks for rubbing that in... ) )

Anyway, bottom line for discs and pads was £163 including VAT and delivery to my local grease monkey etc etc.

They're open 9 till 4 Sunday and the phone number is 01332 290833

Senninha
31-03-2007, 04:37 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1638

OEM fitment with an upgrade aswell, straight swap on the 3.2, can retain all other components.

I cant recall exact shipping but wasn't a lot (may even be in the thread)

HTH, regards Paul.

TheSebringOne
31-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks Martyn,sounds like a brill deal,will give em a try,was yours for fronts or rears? I think the NA2 has larger diameter rotors? :D
Cheers Paul,I noted the the link u posted is for NSX Rs! R u recommending I shud upgade 2these? I only have standard pads,the pic shows a NA1 one next 2 Rs,my 99 is a NA2,so are larger than NA1? Anyway Dirk's OEM replacements are 290 Euros for standard OEM & the Rs are 498!! If I'm 2 upgrade all fours then its nearly double for Rs over OEM standard!

Martyn27_uk
31-03-2007, 07:13 PM
As in, fronts :-)

My NSX does have the penny farthing wheel arrangement as seen on early models so the discs might be diff size to yours.

Senninha
01-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Cheers Paul,I noted the the link u posted is for NSX Rs! R u recommending I shud upgade 2these? I only have standard pads,the pic shows a NA1 one next 2 Rs,my 99 is a NA2,so are larger than NA1? Anyway Dirk's OEM replacements are 290 Euros for standard OEM & the Rs are 498!! If I'm 2 upgrade all fours then its nearly double for Rs over OEM standard!
Hi James,
TBH, given you're annual mileage, I would go OEM via Dirk who is really good to deal with. The R's were a great price and I like the grooved disk performance.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
01-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Dirk's prices seem good,but would have to factor shipping,but cheaper than States! I will ring Honda for an comparison and a laugh too! I've checked a couple of websites and found suppliers like Brakes International & Speedway,whose prices are almost half the price of Dirks! & suppose to be OEM replacements! I will ring them for more details,but can these be trusted & will they be of an inferior quality to say Dirks or Hondas? Unless I want larger,lighter & performance pads upgrades,I suppose brake disc are about all the same?! I have brought front disc for my old Prelude & they're ok from Brakes International and they're only 8 miles away! :rolleyes: