PDA

View Full Version : Another potential vendor?

TheSebringOne
13-04-2007, 10:49 PM
I was looking for some Prodrive GC-05Fs in UK, fat chance!, but found a few vendors selling them in the States, like SOS, but found another Vendor below, they have same sets of wheel but on offer & cheaper than SOS! :D

http://www.flatironstuning.com/shop/c-130-nsx.aspx

Silver Surfer
13-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Just a pic from a previous thread to feast your eyes on.

SS ;)

TheSebringOne
13-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Feasted already thanks SS, when you replied to my previous thread, I found the same pic and that persuaded me they look very tasty when compared to those AVS Advan model 5s. I've even found them slightly cheaper with another vendor thats not SOS! You think they go with Sebring Silver, Silver Surfer? Its all SSSS !! ;)

Silver Surfer
14-04-2007, 12:00 AM
You betcha'

Maybe darker rims for 2 tone contrast to make them stand out?

Looks great on red though. :p

SS

mutley
14-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm still dying to get a new set of wheels...........unfortunately, my bank accounts dictates otherwise!

Jim

Rob_Fenn
16-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Can't you just phone Prodrive up? Seems silly to order from abroad when they are based in the same country.

TheSebringOne
16-04-2007, 12:50 PM
I could try them via director enquiries, but if you search the WWW, all the related hits are in America strangely! I always see their big factory on the way down to the Big smoke, thinks its next to the M1 at Banbury ?:D

gsuds
16-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Apologise if daft question, but is it the same Prodrive as Mr Richards's fine outfit?

G

Rob_Fenn
16-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Yes! It maybe worth emailing nwadeson@prodrive.com who is the EU contact for prodrive performance packs.

modarr
16-04-2007, 10:23 PM
These particular wheels are made in Japan.
I'm after a set too. Prodrive Uk only handle Subaru wheels it seems

Silver Surfer
16-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Mo,

I thought from the 'slicks' thread you feel larger wheel robs the feel from the front. Are you planning on combining it with smaller diameter tyres as you have mentioned, with larger diameter wheel?

SS :confused:

modarr
16-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Yup, I'm looking at 215 40 17 as the closest diameter to present and 285 30 18 as Kevin suggested to match the rears.

In the end I'd keep the wheels I have but the brakes are just not up to track work and tyres are harder to find. So reluctantly up we go. As long as the wheels are light weight and rolling radius not too large, handling should stay good.
Mo

TheSebringOne
17-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Rob- thats the very man who used to be team manager for Bar Honda Team before Honda brought them out & made it the Honda race team!! Hes starting another F1 team next year I think, the same guy who I think just brought Aston Martin with a private Equity firm & used to manage Scooby rally team, I think hes quite talented man !!:D

Mo- If you are serious about may be getting the Pro drive alloys, let me know and I think your right that you can't get these directly in the UK , unless you own a Scooby! WWW all points to the US of A !!:D

Rob_Fenn
17-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Have you contacted them then?

As far as i know Prodrive are also located in China and Australia, but neither of these are commercial. Surely for vendors to get hold of the wheels in the first place they got hold of someone in the UK...

Ferris Bueller
22-04-2007, 12:39 PM
They have an ebay store as well:-

http://stores.ebay.com/FLATIRONS-ACURA-AND-SUBARU

Don't list shipping to the UK as an option though.

Ferris Bueller
25-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I got in touch with them and they don't ship to the UK.