PDA

View Full Version : battery pants pull down

nsxselby
23-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Now i like to think i dont mind paying for that little bit extra but i got quoted £230 notes for a battery from honda and after picking myself up would like to think there is some kind of alternative?is there because no one seems to list one:mad:

britlude
23-04-2007, 09:13 PM
well, mine had a halfords one in it when I got it... so they do one, i think it's 005 but don't quote me!!!!!

Kevin
23-04-2007, 09:15 PM
I think its the same size as the Prelude one.

The 'proper' NSX battery is a lightweight one from Panasonic, the Prelude's is a normal one, but same size.

It's cos the dealer looks it up in the EPC, and that's what it comes back with.

ctrlaltdelboy
23-04-2007, 09:23 PM
mine runs on a lucas lawnmower battery, was about £50 i think

:D

I used to have one of these http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/other_stuff/odyssey680.cfm?focus=51

Kevin
23-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Woah! That's huge!

I have one of these

http://www.knightbatteries.com/popup.cfm?p_n=91470&p_i=91470

same batteries, UK supplier.

ctrlaltdelboy
23-04-2007, 09:37 PM
arrr - that be the one

did you get some terminals with it?

mutley
23-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I have no idea what my battery is, the one that was in when I bought the car was a crappy little halfords one, when that died, I just put in the one I had in my shed, charged it up and had no probs since!

Jim

Kevin
23-04-2007, 10:32 PM
arrr - that be the one

did you get some terminals with it?

Yes they do the terminal posts as an option. Also got a special little charger to keep the battery topped up.

mutley
23-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Has anyone got/seen/heard anything about these dry cell mount anywhere type batteries.
Not asking for any particular reason, just thought i'd mention it while it popped into myhead!!

Jim

ctrlaltdelboy
24-04-2007, 07:53 AM
the red one Kev & I are discussing above is a dry cell

NSA
25-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Lookers Honda in Nottingham put an OEM battery in my car. About £75 a year or so ago I think and it was just a standard Honda unit. They are dreaming with £230. For that money you should be able to get the lightest, most powerful battery around. Be careful if you go for a racing battery - they are powerful but don't hold the charge that you'll need to run your ancillaries like lights, radio, a/c etc.

reg
25-04-2007, 05:32 PM
For that money you should be able to get the lightest, most powerful battery around.

For that money I would be expecting a flux capacitor :D

TheSebringOne
25-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I did some digging around about this subject as when I purchased my X , the battery was knackered. The owners manual states its a 12V- 52 AH/5HR (AH is amps per hour & will discharge itself fully in 5 hrs). You can get heavier duty batteries that have larger or more plates inside, with better CCA (cold cranking amps), which means the ability to turn the starter motor & gearbox, but I assume everyone starts their X with the clutch down, so your not wasting battery juice turning the gearbox too!?!
The only resriction is the amount of space to fit bigger heavy duty one as it fits under the interior air blower motor I think. I know of a trade battery company that supply Yuasa which are one of the biggest makers in the world, as other companies buy these & stick their own labels on them. I got my direct from UK Batteries Ltd in Trafford Park, which is trade, but public can buy from, but you can't order on line!, Their number is 0845 063 9999. I brought one for £47.00 AH60 & CCA450 with 4 yrs warranty. :D If you drive low mileage like I do, get a trickle charger & extend your battery life. I got a Draper one £17.99 from Motorworld, which is like a transformer & feeds enough to cover the alarm, but won't heat up or damage your battery cells. :D

mutley
25-04-2007, 06:53 PM
.........................................I got a Draper one £17.99 from Motorworld, which is like a transformer.......................... :D

A transformer??? AHHHHHH it turns into a big talking robot that starts your car to stop the battery going flat?

nsxselby
25-04-2007, 06:56 PM
For that money I would be expecting a flux capacitor :D

i think i have a old lawnmower in garage i will end up putting that old bad boy battery in if the wife finds out how much my gearbox cost:cool:

TheSebringOne
26-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Thats the one, sad that we are still watching classic kids cartoons from the 80s or 90s !! ;) Well we never grow up deep down :D

mutley
26-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Thats the one, sad that we are still watching classic kids cartoons from the 80s or 90s !! ;) Well we never grow up deep down :D

AND your forgeting the film version is out this summer, with the technology that was tested by the citroen ads

Jim

TheSebringOne
26-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Are you a film buff? OR are you taking your kids? pretending that they want to see it, when in fact its YOU! Like the same citroen ad, but strangely you don't see alot of C5s when its been around for a while? Its a distinctive shaped motor with its quirky rear glass hatch,a bit Civicish. Don't think I would ever buy one, especially with French gear boxes & build quality! ;)

mutley
26-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Na, I dopn't have any kids so I'll just have to do a michael jackson and abduct one to take.

Seriously the film will probably be pretty good.
On teh citroen note, I love teh idea of teh C4 steering wheel that teh centre bit stays still.!, yeah It's weird, but I like it :)

TheSebringOne
26-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Any road, I'm off to the land of ZZZ soon! Before I go, the steering wheel thing must be weird at first and could cause an accident in the hands of a women? (theres no ladies on this club?) Maybe Citroen was of hi jacking idea of the Roll Royce Phantom's centre wheel caps that stays in upright RR position, so that any buyers wishes to down grade after the Roller, would be tempted by a C5, I know they offer large discounts !! ;) James

Lankstarr
20-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Just got a new battery, listed for NSX, Halfrauds HB005, $62

TheSebringOne
20-07-2007, 10:02 PM
£30 squids!? now thats cheap :eek: Luke you mean Sterling! How many CCAs & amps per hour?

Lankstarr
21-07-2007, 07:12 AM
no mate, pound sign doesn't work on my keyboard.. I think it's in yank mode but I don't know how to change it!

AMPs etc... dunno, it's in the car now!

Steveycaz
21-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi Luke. Did they fit it for you? Was it the Basingstoke Halfords?