09-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Discuss..........

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/168244.htm

Cheers,

James.

forumadmin
09-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Damn man!

I'd better get the Paypal thing working, so I can get enough cash to buy that beauty.

...or maybe not.

Best feature are the Recaro SPG seats. They are really comfy.

Silver Surfer
09-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Very interesting. Tasteful in some aspect.......competitor of Amos' in some way.

Facts required:

1. Price
2. Power

SS

mutley
09-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

1 Don't like the headlight conversion
2 Don't like the rear spoiler
3 Don't like the body kit
4 Don't like the seats

4 Like the engine bay

'Nuff said

ctrlaltdelboy
09-05-2007, 06:46 PM
OMG!! what a monstrosity!?!

at least whoever did this didn't waste a manual one!

simonprelude
09-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Apart from the headlights I quite like it :)

WhyOne?
09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
My eyes!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!

Truly shocking!

(IMHO, of course :) )

Papalazarou
09-05-2007, 07:20 PM
The thing I like about it is it's abroad.

Cheers,

James.

AR
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I like the engine bay, CPU ( :) ) exhaust, brakes and seats. The rest can be distributed to owners of lesser cars for fun.

Where is the puke smilie???

AR

NSX 2000
09-05-2007, 08:18 PM
At £16.5K it would seem to be a good buy, the sum of the performance parts must be about £10K then you'll be left with a fine auto for only £6.5K.
In the business world I belive it's called asset stripping.
IIRC Simon did it with a Honda Integra.

Just my opinion of course ;-)

WhyOne?
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
The thing I like about it is it's abroad.

It is true - and properly abroad - a bloody great continent or 2two between us and it.

However, dark forces threaten to bring it to Essex.............

AR
09-05-2007, 08:31 PM
At £16.5K it would seem to be a good buy, the sum of the performance parts must be about £10K then you'll be left with a fine auto for only £6.5K.

But who in their right mind will buy them parts second hand ? Also yo will need to find all the OEM parts. It sounds like a good buy for a laugh, but it is still an auto.

NSX 2000
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
It sounds like a good buy for a laugh, but it is still an auto.

I agree. Why spend all that money on performance parts when it's an auto?

TheSebringOne
09-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Whyone, dark forces threaten to bring it to Essex?, Anything to do with the positive reponse from SS? :rolleyes:

I saw this lastnight, but was too tired to think lets start a debate unlike yours truly Papa! (glory all yours) All I can say " is it a plane or bird or a Transformer ?" What you think Mutley of a white transformer!? ;)

TheSebringOne
09-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry, just realised its a bloody auto !! :oops:

blue5
09-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Me too, i was so taken aback with a mental discussion with myself as to whether it was good or bad i quite forgot to actually read the ad and missed it was an auto.

So i 2nd the statement: why do it to an auto?

ps stii havnt decided whether i like it but i think if was painted in dome racing colours i would be salivating.

(I would still have missed the auto bit though!)

reg
09-05-2007, 09:17 PM

Hmmmm.

It looks like it has crashed into Halfords:p

I think you would be more succesful selling bits off of ITR's than NSX's as some Japenese stuff can be a bit of a minefield. I mean would you really bolt something to the car that you have no guarantees it isn't shafted in the first place then risking no backup if you should need it.

I recommend a garlic necklace for the car and three hail Mary's.:D

TheSebringOne
09-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Speaking of after market add ons & Halfords, its still better than that pinkish Toyota Celica on Pistonheads ? two months back, on another thread here!?! :rolleyes:

ctrlaltdelboy
09-05-2007, 09:37 PM
wow - this topic sure has fired up some discussion!

given the theme of the last half-dozen responses (re: this being an auto) I'll just repeat what I said earlier - at least he didn't waste a manual NSX in this folly!

mutley
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
..................................... All I can say " is it a plane or bird or a Transformer ?" What you think Mutley of a white transformer!? ;)

OH AYE drag me into it why don't you! cheers!!!

TheSebringOne
09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Jim, thats what Jocks doooo, I hope the house move is not too stressful mate. :D

mutley
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
(Sorry to blast off topic here) Cheers, nearly all sorted.

Senninha
09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
given the theme of the last half-dozen responses (re: this being an auto) I'll just repeat what I said earlier - at least he didn't waste a manual NSX in this folly!

...just a shame he wasted an NSX at all!

And as for the Essex remark, hurrumpff, you're not on the RS / Nova forum now matey ;)

amo
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
lol i like it for that price its a good buy me thinks
u lot are too old lol
ok might change the headlights lol

thx amo

Silver Surfer
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Just curious with regards of what power you can get out of an auto thats all with all the engine mod.

Didn't see the price initially but for 16.5K, if you are into modding, it's not a bad buy. I am sure you can remove the wide body kit (Not happy with the rear) if you wish. The big spoiler would help on a track day!! Horses for courses.

I have no intention of buying it as I am very happy with my stock red-black.

SS

Senninha
09-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I have no intention of buying it as I am very happy with my stock red-black.SS

stock plus new brakes ;)

IIRC there is a UK auto with either turbo or S/C that performs very well on the drag strip, running something like 12 or 13 sec 1/4's. Dont know what the power is but clearly more than the stock 250bhp.

regards, Paul

Kevin
10-05-2007, 06:13 AM
The red NSX that likes the drag strip, is an auto and also has NOS. No other FI system.

It is owned by Ken Weale, who did join this site but doesn't post.

amo
10-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Just curious with regards of what power you can get out of an auto thats all with all the engine mod.

Didn't see the price initially but for 16.5K, if you are into modding, it's not a bad buy. I am sure you can remove the wide body kit (Not happy with the rear) if you wish. The big spoiler would help on a track day!! Horses for courses.

I have no intention of buying it as I am very happy with my stock red-black.

SS

buy it buy it
lol
thx amo

Steveycaz
10-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I think it looks fantastic.... from about 5700 miles away that is ;)

TheSebringOne
10-05-2007, 06:11 PM
No thanks Amo, don't want to outdo or outshine your X mate!! ;) ;)

WhyOne?
10-05-2007, 08:22 PM
And as for the Essex remark, hurrumpff, you're not on the RS / Nova forum now matey ;)

Calm down!!!!

My comment was not intended as a slight on Essex - look at the address of the importer/advertiser!!

Right, now, whats the difference between a deckchair and an Essex girl..........

;)

Silver Surfer
10-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Again, JUST curious, being a non-mechanic but the engine bay looks rather busy compared to mine. Is the 'Abomination' supercharged?

NB. What's the difference btween an Essex girl and a Walrus?......

SS ;)

simonprelude
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Stop it, that car is growing on me :(

Would like the seats :)

britlude
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Again, JUST curious, being a non-mechanic but the engine bay looks rather busy compared to mine. Is the 'Abomination' supercharged?

no supercharger hiding in there, just an extra tank on the bulkhead... not exactly sure why, maybe an oil breather/catch thing, with no breather! shame they couldn't splash out for the 2 long braided hoses and end finishers they have used everywhere else!

dan the man
10-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Im not keen...

mutley
12-05-2007, 02:35 PM

NB. What's the difference btween an Essex girl and a Walrus?......

SS ;)

I know what you mean, I think in the spec it mentioned having an oil catch tank, that's what the other tank will be.

TheSebringOne
12-05-2007, 03:05 PM
What does a oil catch tank do?, is it when a modified engine needs it to operate, not that its been heavily modded? Like you Simon I like the Recaros seats, plus quite like the chrome Arc box (air filter induction?) , not sure about chrome coolant expansion tank I think? , but like the Mugen cam cover! :rolleyes:

Rob_Fenn
14-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Normally crankcase oil breathers just go to the intake, an emissions thing. The catch can is meant to stop this.

Going back to the NSX in question, i don't mind the kit but the rear bumper is too bulky for my liking. The wheels are very similar to on ours, but the rears look so deep dished that it makes them look too small in my opinion...

As people have said, seems like a waste on an auto anyway. I don't see the point in making aero modifications unless you sure they will make a genuine difference. You have to think this guy has done it for 'styling' purposes, whereas all he has done is added weight.

gumball
14-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Normally crankcase oil breathers just go to the intake, an emissions thing. The catch can is meant to stop this.

Going back to the NSX in question, i don't mind the kit but the rear bumper is too bulky for my liking. The wheels are very similar to on ours, but the rears look so deep dished that it makes them look too small in my opinion...

As people have said, seems like a waste on an auto anyway. I don't see the point in making aero modifications unless you sure they will make a genuine difference. You have to think this guy has done it for 'styling' purposes, whereas all he has done is added weight.

the rear bumper would'nt look so bulky if it had'nt been colour coded, a pet hate of mine excesive colour coding, if the "diffuser" was black the car would look lower and wider. More of a supposed "head turner" than performance car.:rolleyes:

TheSebringOne
14-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Yep, more show than go? Its an Auto! sorry I didn't want to offend those who drive autos here, I meant no harm. :eeek:

trackdemon
15-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Oi! My mrs is an Essex girl; less of the jokes :)

Re the car: yuck! NSX's should be stock or very subtle - they're too close to perfection out the factory.....

TheQuietOne
15-05-2007, 10:04 PM
u lot are too old lol

Amo - I'm 27 and I think it is a monstrosity so I guess it isn't an age thing just a taste debate! ;)