PDA

View Full Version : The track events

Kevin
09-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Can I just ask why the take up on the two track evenings hasn't been as high as I would of expected from the prior discussions?

I took in the factors that I thought poeple wanted from the polls.

Is it the evening format? The track? The dates?

NSX 2000
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Kevin, I'm very intrested in doing one and still may join you but as the wife is expecting our first child at the begining of July I can only get so much time away. I'm not in her best books for going to lemans this year as it is :-( .

ctrlaltdelboy
09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
for me, I would like to commit, but it's been more than a year since my last paypacket and I'm not entirely sure that the affordability for this will be in place just yet - ideally I'll attend one or both, but I have to hang on a little longer before I can be sure that I can do so. It doesn't help that 'er indoors demands holidays and I have a week in Egypt to pay for this month.

Kev, I for one can say that you have indeed done a grand job in unearthing members' demands/desires in a track event and delivering a couple that fit the bill - and I sure hope to be able to join in the fun!

mutley
09-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm in the middle of moving and I don't know what my new work pattern is going to be at my next unit. So as soon as I get there and know what's happening I will be able to answer.

Cheers
Jim

Senninha
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Kevin, I'm very intrested in doing one and still may join you but as the wife is expecting our first child at the begining of July I can only get so much time away. I'm not in her best books for going to lemans this year as it is :-( .

Baby Senninha is due to arrive in early July too, hence no Le Mans this year :( and why I've opted for the August event.

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
10-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Baby Senninha is due to arrive in early July too, hence no Le Mans this year :( and why I've opted for the August event.

regards, Paul

I've had to pay over £250 for a fully flexible eurotunnel ticket this year so if I get the call I can come straight home! Don't think it will be worth coming home if I miss the birth :-( .

simonprelude
10-05-2007, 08:21 AM
For me Silverstone is now quite a long way to go for 2 1/2 hours of evening session.

I'll be looking at some of the closer ones to me in the near future.
Probably either Castle Combe, Keevil or Hullavington.

Also I think I am more interested in doing a full day of instruction which I am lineing up with one of the current BTCC drivers. (Using their car and mine)

TheSebringOne
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
BTCC drivers! How come Simon?, it seems you have many connections or a wide network of car related contacts! :rolleyes:

simonprelude
10-05-2007, 07:07 PM
I'll post more details when I have done it.

But a few of us have already had instruction (be it brief) from Matt Neal at Donington. That was only really a brief show of the lines, but I did improve my top speed through Craner Curves with him in the car.

BTCC drivers! How come Simon?, it seems you have many connections or a wide network of car related contacts! :rolleyes:

Silver Surfer
10-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Kevin,

Maybe you can roundup some of the guys at Japfest to attend. They are less likely to say no when asked in the flesh.

SS :cool: