PDA

View Full Version : Raising seating position

NoelWatson
12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
My other half is 5ft 2 and has trouble getting good visibility to drive our NSX. Is there a way of boosting the height by using a booster seat or something similar? Note that I am 6ft 3 and my head is brushing on the roof so am looking for a solution that can be removed without too mjuch fuss.

Thanks

dan the man
14-05-2007, 09:32 PM
simplest are the best as always.. a cusion of some sort... :)

Lankstarr
14-05-2007, 09:42 PM
If she's only 5"2 then maybe a baby seat would suffice, can I recommend the Britax Parkway?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/lankstarr2/britax_parkway.jpg

It's sort of like a mini racing seat :lol:

Sorry I'm bored!

reg
14-05-2007, 09:51 PM
If she's only 5"2 then maybe a baby seat would suffice, can I recommend the Britax Parkway?

Amateur:P

http://www.recarochildseats.com/images/charcoalStart_big.jpg

Although I cant find a red one:mad:

Lankstarr
14-05-2007, 10:00 PM
you may know your mechanics mate but when it come sto baby seats anyone knows taht Britax rule!!

I don't even wanna think what that recaro badboy costs!

TheSebringOne
14-05-2007, 11:43 PM
When I saw this lastnight, I thought I better not reply as it could offend as I'm only 5,8 and your 6,3! Luke you could have at least picked a booster seat with cupholders as they are very handy in the X!? Seriously it might be worth checking a website that caters for smaller people needs or the DOT or maybe a Japanese site as generally alot of Xs were sold there and they are generally smaller in height. On a funny note, my mum used a cushion on her new Fiesta,shes about 5,2, then I told her theres a lever to raise the seat!! :)

NB. No offense to those from Japan.

Silver Surfer
15-05-2007, 12:31 AM
How about this one?

SS :P

Nick Graves
15-05-2007, 09:58 AM
The non-height adjustability is a PIA for S2000 owners too.

I don't know if a set of S2000 rails from Bride, etc might be adapted to fit the NSX's seat base. Most are bolt-adjustable, which is inconvenient.

Most Honda seats share a similar pressed tub & base;

Another option might be to pull a driver's seat from a Prelude. If that fits, you may be able to install the NSX back, cushion & covers onto a 'Lude base.

I know someone did that in order to put S2000 seats into their 'Lude.

Mr_Spanners
15-05-2007, 06:02 PM
My choice would be to source an electrically operated base (say Lexus IS200) from a scrap yard that has 6 way adjustment (slide\tilt\height) and then find a way of incorporating this to the standard NSX seats.

Much fun with MiG welder and wiring connectors!!! (hey, it's all 12V so at least that's right!!)

~Phil.