PDA

View Full Version : Still the best silly car for the money!

reg
16-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Looking at Pistonheads the other day and imagining say £25K in the pot there really isn't much that is interesting. 911's have a habit of becoming expensive when you buy a cheap one and you would always want an RS or a GT despite your investment. TVR's well all very amusing but they werent a great proposition before that Russian schoolkid decided to use the Company as work experience? Noble's look nice but have heard they are not the most reliable to run and cost a fortune come service time? Old Ferrari's hmmmm dont think so and Lotus's well the Exige is nice but how low rent and the Esprit is a liablity (a friend owned a GT).

Aston Vantage is the only thing that looks interesting, or a new M5?

Seriously the NSX is what was what when I was looking for a car last year. It is exclusive, quick, comfortable and makes you feel smug!

There is no point to this thread. Sorry:dunno:

TheSebringOne
16-05-2007, 12:27 AM
No point? then why post it! In fact I think its a timely reminder that we can proudly show off our Xs at Japfest !! :yes: :proud: :yes: :proud:

reg
16-05-2007, 12:34 AM
No point? then why post it!

Because its late and I can:D

Kevin
16-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Although I agree with you, it just proves the conclusion that most magazine articles come to, in that the NSX is a car you buy with your head not your heart.

Someone who wants the 'rawness' or performance of other cars will still do, despite the flaws in the build quality. The NSX owner will say it's a nice car, but got it because it's reliable.

It kind of goes with the general buying philosophy of a Honda car. They don't (in the past) look the most stylish, they don't always have the number of toys and gadgets of other cars, but they're bought because they're reliable and the dealers are good. Which in turn is why they have a reputation of being bought by old people.

So there you have it, NSX the supercar for sensible pensioners.

dan the man
16-05-2007, 07:04 AM
E39 M5s are still great to me, new ones just way out of my reach but again, awsome.

And since im in the same position at 25k i thought about all sorts,

boxster, exige, 964RS, s2000, RS4, e46 M3, the list goes on..but only one car is deep in my heart and thats why im on here. :)

Silver Surfer
16-05-2007, 07:23 AM
They are giving away a E39 M5 on Fifth Gear Competition this week.
My 530i is a lookalike.

SS

Rob_Fenn
16-05-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't see the fuss with the M5, do you want to look like thousands of other sales reps in their 'M-Tec' kitted diesels?

A big part of having the NSX is making every journey special, i don't see how a big family saloon can do that, even with 400bhp.

You've summed up what makes the NSX great really, it is an all rounder. I really don't see how so many people opt for a 911 instead.

Silver Surfer
16-05-2007, 10:03 AM
My 530i came with all the M kit as it was the last of the old type before the change. I needed a saloon as I need to carry 2 little SS as well.

SS :cool:

AR
16-05-2007, 04:13 PM
The NSX is just something else.

gumball
16-05-2007, 05:44 PM
As i've said before and will probably say again, the NSX is ridiculously cheap and I wouldn't change it for anything less than a Gallardo or F430, Porsche?, don't make me... yawn.:)

mutley
16-05-2007, 06:17 PM
The NSX is just something else.

'nuff said really!!

Jim

Silver Surfer
16-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Guys,

We all agree here hence we all own an NSX or aspire to own one soon!! :beatdown:

nuff said :quote:

SS :beer::yes:

TheSebringOne
16-05-2007, 09:03 PM
NUFF SAID TOO!! The greatest praise I can bestow on X ownership, is that it makes me feel very special, different to other cars or badges, competitors and that I'm one of the owners of the 450 or so Xs in the country! :)